PDA

View Full Version : RS hatch door seal creaks

woofy
20-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I think I have mentioned this before, its happened since the day I picked up the car brand new, and demo with 5000kmish had the same noises so thought it might be a new settling thing...but noone else seems to see it apart from a few UK people.

My car has always made a rubber door seal creak when going up and down inclines...I thought it would go away but in the cold weather now seems to be doing it a bit more often in normal driving on uneven roads. Its not hugely noisy, but I'm wondering if its caused by something missed in pre delivery. I know some cars have talcum powder put on the rubber seals so they don't stick during transport....seeing as the only other one I have encountered doing it was form the same dealer in Richmond I'm wondering if there is something they aren't doing before handover...ie maybe not cleaning the sills or something. Has anyone else heard this sound...sounds like rubber...mainly from the rear doors...its not one specific spot but does it evenly on both sides.

I have asked SKoda OZ about it with no reply....thinking of taking it to the dealer, but seeing as they are newish, really question whether they will know what to do....some of their RSs do it, but not an elegance I drove. The other RS that did it was a wagon....

mrgolf
20-07-2009, 08:44 PM
RS more likely to have creaks as firmer suspension is less likely to take up slack. Something has to take it up. I have only noticed it on our 08 model going up and down driveways or similar (15,000kms last weekend). Otherwise, still only noticable creak/ rattle is the baby capsule. Unless it is a drivability issue, I cant see a dealer making a huge fuss about it. I base this on my experience with my MkV GTI and some noises I had in it. Dealer didnt spend much time trying to correct it or placate me.

gregozedobe
20-07-2009, 10:35 PM
My Octy vRS wagon creaks when going slowly over big changes in levels, and seems worst reversing slowly out of my driveway. I can't say I've ever noticed it when driving along (ie above walking speed). The noise does sound like door seals, and seems to come mainly from the rear doors. My previous car (Laser) also did it, but my 4wds and Transporter didn't.

woofy
21-07-2009, 12:10 PM
OK you have all described exactly what I hear, its mainly driveways....although this morning I wondered if it was door seals....or the leather seats in the rear.....I may have been assuming the wrong thing...if you push the seat bolster closest to the door, you hear pretty much the exact sound.

Rocket
21-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Ya had this in my Polo GTI years ago. No problems, the seals just need to be lubricated. There is a special spray the dealer can use, which I think was silicon based, don't remember exactly, and i think i remember some poeple saying a light rub over with vaseline even does the job. But yeah, as soon as the dealer had sprayed it, noise was gone for at least 15000k's, so just needs respraying/lubricating each service.