PDA

View Full Version : need some help to clear defects

AGO41T
20-07-2009, 10:53 AM
hey guys,

i need to clear my defects again :duh:

any1 have or know sum1 with the following parts.. willing to pay to borrow parts coz im abit low on $$

*1.8T a4 or passat resonator with piping
*1.8T rear muffler
*throttle body to SMIC piping for 1.8T
*turbo to smic piping hose
*stock 1.8T divertor valve piping

thanks!

static1800
20-07-2009, 11:12 AM
What did you get defected for? maybe do the mods correctly so you don't get defected again :)

WABIT
20-07-2009, 11:13 AM
clear a defect........ just dont go cruzing cuz...........

dom

AGO41T
20-07-2009, 11:35 AM
What did you get defected for? maybe do the mods correctly so you don't get defected again :)

everything, im going to EPA so car has to be stock and match there database

what do u mean by doing mods correctly... you get defected for mods, not how they are done..

clear a defect........ just dont go cruzing cuz...........

dom

LOL :driver: its just where u go cruzing and who with dat gets me in trouble :duh:

Rocket36
20-07-2009, 12:34 PM
what do u mean by doing mods correctly... you get defected for mods, not how they are done..

Not if they're engineered with a certificate.

AGO41T
20-07-2009, 12:45 PM

lol not if ur in syd.. doesnt matter what you show the cops

a certificate will allow the epa inspection to say "maybe pass" and force you go to Emmisions test instead of a straight fail.

AGO41T
20-07-2009, 12:46 PM
anyways, can any1 help??

WABIT
21-07-2009, 01:26 AM
i dun fink ne1 canz hlp ya brocuz,

come on ray, your better than that "omg4serz?" crap
im sure you can type without slang, plus, its doing my head in abit haha

dom

fuzion
21-07-2009, 08:38 AM
brooky parts plus
asv euro

best to ring them if you cant find anything!

brad
21-07-2009, 08:52 AM
As you have been defected before, why would you just want to borrow the parts? Surely you'd want to make the vehicle permanently compliant with the regs rather than being repeatedly defected:duh:??

AGO41T
21-07-2009, 09:21 AM
brooky parts plus
asv euro

best to ring them if you cant find anything!
thanks, i mite call brookvale parts.. asv is a rip off!

i dun fink ne1 canz hlp ya brocuz,

come on ray, your better than that "omg4serz?" crap
im sure you can type without slang, plus, its doing my head in abit haha

dom
LOL yeh gets abit anoying but im jst used to typing like dat

As you have been defected before, why would you just want to borrow the parts? Surely you'd want to make the vehicle permanently compliant with the regs rather than being repeatedly defected:duh:??

i dont get defected often, just fix it wen i do get done :biggrin:

Golf Loon
21-07-2009, 10:47 AM
OK, I have all the bits you need.

1.8T a4 or passat resonator with piping
1.8T rear muffler

Full stock system from downpipe back $150

throttle body to SMIC piping for 1.8T $50

turbo to smic piping hose (this is a biug metal support under the car $100

stock 1.8T divertor valve piping $50

Probably best to keep all the parts handy for next time you get defected.

Hope that helps.

AGO41T
21-07-2009, 10:51 AM
OK, I have all the bits you need.

1.8T a4 or passat resonator with piping
1.8T rear muffler

Full stock system from downpipe back $150

throttle body to SMIC piping for 1.8T $50

turbo to smic piping hose (this is a biug metal support under the car $100

stock 1.8T divertor valve piping $50

Probably best to keep all the parts handy for next time you get defected.

Hope that helps.

im coming pass 2morow morning!

Golf Loon
21-07-2009, 09:55 PM
im coming pass 2morow morning!

Keeps in in the VWW family :)

Bboy_Sparx
22-07-2009, 11:03 PM

Sorry you can get defected whenever they feel like it - even with the certificate
:brutal:

Good luck Ray, defects suck!

Rocket36
23-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Sorry you can get defected whenever they feel like it - even with the certificate
:brutal:

Good luck Ray, defects suck!

True... But with an engineers certificate you can clear a defect as quick as it was slapped on. Yes defects do suck but that's why it's best to avoid obvious illegal modifications.

Manaz
23-07-2009, 09:45 AM
True... But with an engineers certificate you can clear a defect as quick as it was slapped on. Yes defects do suck but that's why it's best to avoid obvious illegal modifications.

The unfair thing about this is that you pay to clear the defect.

AGO41T
23-07-2009, 09:47 AM
anyways i got all the stock parts! thnx loon :biggrin:

now to pass EPA and chuck everything back on :brutal:

team_v
23-07-2009, 09:49 AM
now to pass EPA and chuck everything back on :brutal:

:duh:

Why don't you just leave the legal bits on it........

AGO41T
23-07-2009, 10:13 AM
:duh:

Why don't you just leave the legal bits on it........

are you talking about passing EPA?
Legal bits = stock parts

This is also vehicle tampering inspection, so no modifications will pass (even with a certificate)

this isnt too bad, lucky my mods are just bolt on/off

team_v
23-07-2009, 10:22 AM
If you modify your car with parts that are acceptable and get them engineered if they require it, then you don't have to worry about passing EPA inspections any more.

I just don't see why you would bother putting all the illegal bits back on after your inspection if you had to go to all the trouble of making it appear stock to pass the inspection in the first place.
It just seems like a big waste of time for everyone involved and you haven't learnt anything from it imho.

Manaz
23-07-2009, 10:29 AM
are you talking about passing EPA?
Legal bits = stock parts

This is also vehicle tampering inspection, so no modifications will pass (even with a certificate)

this isnt too bad, lucky my mods are just bolt on/off

As far as the EPA are concerned, legal bits are bits that allow the car to pass the emissions tests. Stock parts are not the requirement.

Vehicle tampering - that's one I haven't heard of (though I imagine would indeed require stock parts). What's the reason for that inspection though (I'm curious now - is it not legal to modify a vehicle (and if engineering isn't acceptable, what's the point of the engineer certification scheme)?

AGO41T
23-07-2009, 10:56 AM
As far as the EPA are concerned, legal bits are bits that allow the car to pass the emissions tests. Stock parts are not the requirement.

Vehicle tampering - that's one I haven't heard of (though I imagine would indeed require stock parts). What's the reason for that inspection though (I'm curious now - is it not legal to modify a vehicle (and if engineering isn't acceptable, what's the point of the engineer certification scheme)?

i got a letter from DECC which deal with noisy cars, they require car with my rego to go through a vehicle tampering inspection and epa test.

i'v already been once, they take photos of the car's engine bay, exhuast etc and has to match their database. So MUST be stock, legal mods do not count for anything.

velly_16v_cab
23-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Keeps in in the VWW family :)

well done Loon :bowdown:

Rocket36
23-07-2009, 12:27 PM
The unfair thing about this is that you pay to clear the defect.

That is true, but then you can make a claim against the person/organisation that wrongfully defected you to recover the cost of clearing the defect. I have a friend that has had to do it twice. He drives a heavily modified but completely legal HSV and has been wrongfully defected twice. Both times he has written to the organisation that wrongfully defected the car and both times has been re-imbursed with the amount.

Nothing more than a PITA really. Still wrong, but nothing you'd need to ever worry about if you had legal modifications.

:D