PDA

View Full Version : Can someone measure there 2005 battery case for me.

Kai
13-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey guys,

Im after the dimensions of the 2005 battery.

Like the silver one guy has.

http://www.ozaudi.com/projectPOLO/12-10-2006%20032.jpg

The 2006 battery is different, but can it be turned around to fit the CAI (like pictured)

The reason i ask this is, I don't understand what a smaller battery is going to do if you put it in the same size case ?

Has anyone turned the 2006 battery around ? As i am wanting to do it :)

Guy_H
15-01-2007, 08:16 AM
The "case" is really just the lid - the side walls clip off leaving a fairly flat lower platform, then reducing battery dimension by 2/3rds gives enough room (Odesey battery). You can carefully rotate the lid & relocate some cables. The 05' has a second plastic cover which covers the electrical terminals.

Also your airpump feeds into the stock airbox, so you must place a breather filter in to protect the pump & make sure it gets clean air.

:cool:

Kai
15-01-2007, 09:21 AM
The "case" is really just the lid - the side walls clip off leaving a fairly flat lower platform, then reducing battery dimension by 2/3rds gives enough room (Odesey battery). You can carefully rotate the lid & relocate some cables. The 05' has a second plastic cover which covers the electrical terminals.

Also your airpump feeds into the stock airbox, so you must place a breather filter in to protect the pump & make sure it gets clean air.

:cool:

yar,

I talked to alex on the phone :)

Ill be around your way before i do it. :)

Does your battery have heaps of fuses on top ? (well under the cover)

Guy_H
15-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Yep, got all the fuses & the distribution block - for some unknow VW wisdom they deleted the nice smooth cover.