PDA

View Full Version : too good to be true ???

zjm
15-07-2009, 09:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2005-Audi-TT-Coupe-Brilliant-Red_W0QQitemZ130318664164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car s?hash=item1e579901e4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294 %3A50

gerhard
15-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Not sure what the scam is, but it is a scam of some sort.

Collecting and selling email addresses perhaps?

Golf Loon
15-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Trying to get some sucker to send money first and then there will be no car.

Down the bottom of the page is a tab, report this item. Do that and it gets removed. If they get a couple of those warnings, that account is banned and the rest of us obey the rules. Easy.

I think its gone now.

WABIT
15-07-2009, 02:48 PM
i emailed and said i will bid but would like to view the car first before making any transactions

if this goes to plan, it might be a legit sale.... it doesnt hurt to ask

dom

gerhard
15-07-2009, 03:00 PM
i emailed and said i will bid but would like to view the car first before making any transactions

if this goes to plan, it might be a legit sale.... it doesnt hurt to ask

dom

Yeah, pigs might fly, too. You young whippersnappers still believe in the fairy godmother and santa clause, haha. :biggrin:

The listing is now gone.

Stan
15-07-2009, 03:03 PM
sale has been pulled, there's your answer....

Silver dub
15-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I had my g/f car on carsales for sale. Someone copied the ad and put it up else where and advertised it for $3000 and some dumb idiot payed $1000 deposit on it before seeing the car. Mind you we had the car advertised for $16000. Eventually that ad dissapeared and he found our actual ad on carsales and rang me wanting to know why i hadn't returned any of his calls and that i was supose to meet him the other weekend to get the car. My reply to him was "mate you've been scammed".

Then we were down the street the other day and some young bloke come up and asked us if the car was for sale on the internet, to which we replied "yes" and he asked how much for, so we told him and he said he saw it on carsguide for $3000 and he nearly brought it but at the last decided it sounded dodgy.

If it's too good to be true then i probably is!

Spyda
15-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, pigs might fly, too. You young whippersnappers still believe in the fairy godmother and santa clause, haha. :biggrin:

The listing is now gone.

I dont think he was going to hold his breath mate. Like he said no harm in asking.

Silver dub
15-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I agree with that

WABIT
15-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I dont think he was going to hold his breath mate. Like he said no harm in asking.

haha! meh, the mk1 is more reliable than a new car anyways! haha

dom

WABIT
16-07-2009, 03:26 PM
sounds suss az, but weirder stuff can happen

recieved this email

First I want to thank you for question about the car. The car is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage. It have all the papers and document and I am also the first owner. The price is $10,000 including the shipping to your address (only in Australia). The car is registered in Australia on my name and address but currently I am located in London, UK because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the car, I will receive the payment.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon

Thank you

Jarred
16-07-2009, 03:59 PM
for someone from the 'UK' their english skills are somewhat lacking. funny that. lol

gerhard
16-07-2009, 04:10 PM
"Payment will be made through Ebay and only after you will receive the car..."

Translated from Nigerian Jinglish, this says "If you are a real mug, you will pay me through Ebay (because they move money internationally very efficiently via Paypal), and you will never receive the car because I will be untraceable back in Nigeria. Suck eggs, greedy sucker!"

Haha, any takers? :biggrin:

BobR
16-07-2009, 04:16 PM
"Payment will be made through Ebay and only after you will receive the car..."

Translated from Nigerian Jinglish, this says "If you are a real mug, you will pay me through Ebay (because they move money internationally very efficiently via Paypal), and you will never receive the car because I will be untraceable back in Nigeria. Suck eggs, greedy sucker!"

Haha, any takers? :biggrin:

Thats gold!

Silver dub
16-07-2009, 06:35 PM
ha ha that tops it off, That is exactually what they said to the guy who was looking at our car, just moved to uk and just been divorced, only they told him pick up was from a freight yard somewhere, there is actually a website that tells you all about this scam, i'll try and get it,

dom123
16-07-2009, 07:46 PM
reminds of the time nigerian bloke said he needed me to do service evaluation of western union stores