PDA

View Full Version : possible to turbo a Mk5 2.0 Sport?/MODS

MAztinA 323
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Is it possible to turbo a Mk5 2.0 Sport? my friend is thinking of upgrading from his 2.0 sport to a gti for extra boost (quite literally lol) but its more expensive.....

so would it be possible to put a turbo (the one from the gti) onto his engine? like do any of the internals have to be strengthened? i thought they mite use the same basic engine for both sport and gti (minus turbo).. but correct me if im wrong. this way it should be cheaper than buy a more expensive gti (perhaps only 6k).

otherwise has anyone done any engine mods to their Mk5? i read someone did CAI and porting, but are there any parts u can get for it? i was thinking (for my friend again) maybe for pod+CAI, 2" mandrel zorst all the way through with extractors and possibly ecu if they're around.

strut bars?

or other mods such as putting footwell lighting in (as the jetta does-would there be wiring behind the panels since they're a pretty similar car?) are the speakers any good in this golf? is it worth putting 6x9s in the back? or changing H/U?
how about spoilers? i reckon that car would look mad with a bigger rear spoiler on it!

many questions~ any help would be awesomely apprecieated!! thanks!~~~ :P

DubSteve
12-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Why didn't he just get the GTI in the first place would have saved him alot of money.

MAztinA 323
12-01-2007, 11:05 AM
lol yea i reckon! lets just say hes very very impuslive.. he bought an astra, then a brand new golf 3 months later, now wants a gti... i dont get it...

anyway, its not my money :P any ideas if its doable?

Bug_racer
12-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Yep do able but by the time its done he could have sold it and bought a gti .

All you can do to them is a cold air intake and exhaust portwork . They already have extractors

srbsta
22-01-2007, 06:44 PM
with money everything is possible lol :D hope that helps

BL33SU
22-01-2007, 08:51 PM
what does exhaust portwork give? power and sound?
is it cheaper then getting a exhaust system?

GoLfMan
22-01-2007, 09:21 PM
what does exhaust portwork give? power and sound?
is it cheaper then getting a exhaust system?
portwork basically just maximses your airflow. So it maximises the power gains achieved by the exhaust.

MAztinA 323
29-01-2007, 10:12 PM
how does porting work? do they somehow grind out the inside pipe of ur exhaust?? or is it taking away the insides of the extractors/intake or something?...

is it more cost effective to get a new exhaust?