PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Chassis Control

DieselTig
14-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this function, which is now made available on the Tiguan. I have a few more days until my car gets on the production line and I am thinking whether to include it.
Is it a gimmick or a worthwhile mechanical accessory.:???:

Arctra
14-07-2009, 04:59 PM
WOW! Sounds damn good if you ask me:
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en_au/company/Innovative_Technology/AdaptiveChassisControl.html

How much is it as an option? I think the Golk MkVI's have it as an option too, and from that link the Passat. Maybe ask those guys if they think it's worth it.

One of the things I guess you'll have to factor in is the cost of the adjustable dampers when it comes time to service/replace them. And of course if something goes wrong.

The Tig's suspension is pretty damn good as it is IMO. On the Kangaroo Valley run we did this weekend, it handled the twisties much better than I expected. I thought it'd body-roll a lot more than it did. But it just sat nicely when I planted the throttle coming out of the bumpy tight corners.

Then again, I'm a sucker for clever new electronics and mechanics, so if it's not too expensive I'd probably go for it.:biggrin:

DieselTig
14-07-2009, 06:00 PM
WOW! Sounds damn good if you ask me:
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en_au/company/Innovative_Technology/AdaptiveChassisControl.html

How much is it as an option? I think the Golk MkVI's have it as an option too, and from that link the Passat. Maybe ask those guys if they think it's worth it.

One of the things I guess you'll have to factor in is the cost of the adjustable dampers when it comes time to service/replace them. And of course if something goes wrong.

The Tig's suspension is pretty damn good as it is IMO. On the Kangaroo Valley run we did this weekend, it handled the twisties much better than I expected. I thought it'd body-roll a lot more than it did. But it just sat nicely when I planted the throttle coming out of the bumpy tight corners.

Then again, I'm a sucker for clever new electronics and mechanics, so if it's not too expensive I'd probably go for it.:biggrin:

It costs $1650 but I need to check if it actually works and worth the money.
I will check the forums in UK.

wowser
14-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I have ACC on my new VW. I thnk it preforms very well, there is a marked difference when selecting the different settings, both in damping and steering feel. That being said I tend to leave it in the sport setting as a preference.

DieselTig
14-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I have ACC on my new VW. I thnk it preforms very well, there is a marked difference when selecting the different settings, both in damping and steering feel. That being said I tend to leave it in the sport setting as a preference.

Are you driving a Tiguan?

NZTiguan
15-07-2009, 06:50 AM
I've only heard of one Tig with it (that was when it first came out some months back) and that was in Norway I think (Europe anyway). Not sure which forum it was on and I don't think he actually said much about it but if I can find the article I'll put a link in here for you.

Cheers

Update. If you go to http://www.mytiguan.com/ and search on adaptive suspension you'll find the stuff I was talking about.

DieselTig
15-07-2009, 08:02 AM
I've only heard of one Tig with it (that was when it first came out some months back) and that was in Norway I think (Europe anyway). Not sure which forum it was on and I don't think he actually said much about it but if I can find the article I'll put a link in here for you.

Cheers

Update. If you go to http://www.mytiguan.com/ and search on adaptive suspension you'll find the stuff I was talking about.
Derek,

Thanks I found the link, it seems someone likes what it offers and notices the difference.
I will do a bit more research and make a decision in a couple of days hopefully.

wowser
15-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Are you driving a Tiguan?

My new vehicle is a Passat CC with the active suspension, principle is the same and I reackon it works a treat.

DieselTig
15-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I looked around on the european forums and looks like not many people are using it. Well, I guess it is another gadget and more things to go wrong with the car. I wil give it a miss.