PDA

View Full Version : James' MK1 Golf

jleahy_10
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Brought this for $2200, It has 3 1/2G of suspension, supercharger, intercooler, been bored, forged pistons/rings, bigger injectors/valves/fuel pump, extractors and rally exaust. Down side: Interior was...well you get the picture. But i have got to work on some of the issues...like the wiring. And i tried to fix all the massive cracks in the dash with filler...then after realising it was a lost cause (cracks and warped) decided i will buy a re-skinned one off someone. I now has back seats, and the front buckets have been replaces with the seats out of a seat toledo...well sort of, i have to re-weld the rails...and straiten them as a previous owner took to beating them with a hammer to get the buckets in.

mollins
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
thats cool man... i bet it goes :D .. you trying to get it on the road i assume?

jleahy_10
10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeha, am getting a roadworthy in a couple of weeks.
at the moment the charger is not on, need to make some ajustments to the arm.

Golf Loon
10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Nice score mate. I have Mk2 Dashes and I think Mollins has a Mk1 dash.

brackie
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Well done! Good luck sorting out the wiring (fix it up so that it's safe...you wouldn't be the first one to lose a Mk1 from incinerated amateur wiring :( )

Good luck with the roadworthy!

jleahy_10
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
All that wiring was a bitch, it all went to a switchboard in the center console, but i was all snipped and all live. all gone though. RW will be all good, know a guy, won't be driving it on road for a couple of months though, just getting "roadworthy" to put car in my name.

worm
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Its funny that it looks like a full on rally car but it has a fully sick stereo in the boot hahahaha

mollins
10-01-2007, 11:28 PM
looks like the wiring in a paddock basher i used to have..
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/wires-2.jpg

yeah clean them up before you find yourself trying to use the 3 milliseconds of foam from your extinguisher

h100vw
11-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Seem to be missing a shot from under the bonnet there. ;0)

The same fool had been at work on my MK1s wiring. Drag a load of current through the feed to the interior fan, which melted the plug on the fusebox and stopped the fan working.
Wooden heads!
Gavin

Cerulean
11-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Good luck with your new project. Hopefully it'll be smokin' when on the road not smoking:D

DubSteve
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Awesome buy there mate good luck with the project. Very cheap I thought for a buy that. Alot of work seems to be put into it so good one. Get the interior nice and cleaned up and get rid of those 2 fog lights at the front looks better with the originals.

jleahy_10
09-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Here's an update:

Have fixed up all the wiring both inside the engine bay and under the dash. looks nice and neat now. tucked all the wires to either sides of the car and all in the black corrigated tubing, looks great (unlike some of the soldering previously done on the vehicle...if it was soldered at all...found alot of twisted wires).

Have also buggered off those faded buckets, and replaced them with toledo seats.

Installed a new dash, thanks to Ausgolfer.

New momo steering wheel, thanks to a mate.

Next on the list for the interior is going to the wreckers to get new seat rails (previous owner bashed old ones in to fit buckets), then new carpet and sound proofing, custom re-trim of seats (still need a back seat that fit's properly). Then Car sound...ofcourse.

a few probs in the engine bay though...Need 4 halicoils, and possibly new radiator.

Pictures soon. I'll keep you posted.

Alex
13-04-2007, 09:16 AM
lemme know if you have any parts your willing to part with... ie SC....

thanks man