PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Help

eeney
11-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I just got a MK5 Golf GTI with the VW Ipod adapter, I was disappointed on learning that it will only give access to 6 playlists and you cannot see the ipod song titles. However I was more annoyed when I learned that it disables the AUX input so basically it provides restricted access to a very limited portion of my music, but hey, it does charge the ipod!!!

So now I am trying t find out if there is a way I can work with this adapter and I have the following questions with which I need help:

On the ipod I can create an ´on the go' playlist, but how do I access the ´on th go´ playlist through the head unit?
I have also found how to save my ´on the go´ playlist as a new playlist on the ipod which I can then access from the head unit, but how then do I delete the playlist on the ipod (without plugging into itunes)?

If I can find answers to the above then I could work with the VW adapter, otherwise it´s a total wast of money. In which case I´ll probably remove it and use the AUX input or invest in a Dension Gateway.

Hoping someone can solve my problem of access all/any of my music through the VW adapter.

Ian.