PDA

View Full Version : Forum: What is going on ?

phaeton
10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
As member of this forum I have to post my current dislike of the current shift of......

A) deleting posts permanmently (eg Complete Spotted Section) that should in my opinion be at least archived; why is there no consulting with the member base ?

B) there is something going on behind the scenes which is making senior members quit their positions as Moderators and/or leave the forum.

I for one understand the hard work that goes with being a moderator and admin I was well under appreciated in my time even though I established the layout of the VW Group Room and naming The Lounge SEAT and Audi Quarter and moderated posts.

The current Group of Admin/Super Mods have done a great job.

What is going on though ?

ps I write this after being awake for 17hrs all I want is to know what going on and to know that members such as myself still have a say in this forum.

Preen59
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Well.. I don;t want Ben looking like the bad guy here..

I totally agree. Useful contributions of members may be deleted without anyone knowing and that can't be of benefit to the forum at all... :)

SoVeReIgN
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Too many topics on this forum about this forum for my liking.

Less moderation, less bitching, less talk about forum. :cool46:

phaeton
10-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Too many topics on this forum about this forum for my liking.

Less moderation, less bitching, less talk about forum. :cool46:

I honestly tried to keep my silence but can't there is something happening and we as members need to know.

I'm not trying to talk down anyone I just want to know where the forum is headed.

AusScare
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm on here a fair few hours a day, and I don't see anything particularly wrong..

Examples? pm maybe..

I'm used to Whirlpool and OCAU moderation which is pretty similar to here so no concerns from me.

phaeton
10-07-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm tired but have done a search I think I was a imaging the deleted threads I thought were deleted :duh:

I've come to the conclusion that our search engine sucks big time :duh:

Although I still can't find classic Dave Mack jokes ? if someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Also all the Photo section is gone from the main board but I can access through my profile via history of posts.

Apologies for the rant.

Golf Loon
11-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Its just a reshuffle Ben, everything is still there, just a few things have moved. Get some sleep and have a better search, you`ll be ok.

We have 15 new moderators, so hopefully some fresh blood will make the forum less stale and take pressure off the long serving guys.

I agree with soverign, less talk about the forum. Lets see some build threads and real info.

Rocket36
11-07-2009, 12:42 AM
The GENERAL section is too far down now...

phaeton
11-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Its just a reshuffle Ben, everything is still there, just a few things have moved. Get some sleep and have a better search, you`ll be ok.

We have 15 new moderators, so hopefully some fresh blood will make the forum less stale and take pressure off the long serving guys.

I agree with soverign, less talk about the forum. Lets see some build threads and real info.

Thanks Matt :)

The GENERAL section is too far down now...

Agreed :bluesbro:

racerrachy
11-07-2009, 11:49 AM
i agree! why delete posts or close threads unless people are insulting eachother? just messing around and going off topic means "SORRY THIS THREAD IS CLOSED"

...:)

jettapilot
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
i agree! why delete posts or close threads unless people are insulting eachother? just messing around and going off topic means "SORRY THIS THREAD IS CLOSED"

...:)

I agree. No need to stop a thread simply because it has evolved beyond its original title.