PDA

View Full Version : traffic camera crashes

Cupra
10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
This is great, some people come back for more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39s3FidkNo

greasykitchen
10-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Wonder what it is with that corner? The conditions or stupidity or what?

A few golfs in there - the same Mk2 seems to feature a couple of times.

Stan
10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Always fun to laugh at the stupidity of others....

Rocket36
10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Simple answer: people not driving to the conditions.

SoVeReIgN
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Simple answer: people not driving to the conditions.

Sounds like the bs spiel the RTA gives us.

Very few of those cars look like they were driving unreasonably for what would appear to be a normal corner, some of them just panicked as soon as they got out of line.

Looks like ****house roads and poor driver training to me, both a huge problem in Australia.

That went on for months on end, surely after a little while they would do something about the surface of the road.

Actually, why don't they sit a highway patrol car on the blind side of that corner to catch people coming around and fine them for 'not driving to the conditions', that will fix the problem. :-)

Preen59
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Those people would be lucky to be able to drive a greasy stick up a dogs back side, let alone a car.

The problem is in the drivers, not the cars or the roads.

Rocket36
11-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Sounds like the bs spiel the RTA gives us.

Very few of those cars look like they were driving unreasonably for what would appear to be a normal corner, some of them just panicked as soon as they got out of line.

Looks like ****house roads and poor driver training to me, both a huge problem in Australia.

That went on for months on end, surely after a little while they would do something about the surface of the road.

Actually, why don't they sit a highway patrol car on the blind side of that corner to catch people coming around and fine them for 'not driving to the conditions', that will fix the problem. :-)

LMAO!!! You crack me up... If you drive within the limits of the law, the limits of the conditions and the limits of the car, you will NOT crash! Simple! Blaming the road, the car, the conditions are all just poor excuses for someone who can't accept responsibilty.

Those people would be lucky to be able to drive a greasy stick up a dogs back side, let alone a car.

The problem is in the drivers, not the cars or the roads.

Exactly!!!

SoVeReIgN
11-07-2009, 09:35 AM
LMAO!!! You crack me up... If you drive within the limits of the law, the limits of the conditions and the limits of the car, you will NOT crash! Simple! Blaming the road, the car, the conditions are all just poor excuses for someone who can't accept responsibilty.

You say that, until one day you hit an oil slick you can't see and side straight into a wall.

h100vw
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah, there's definitely an element of messing about going with a couple of those but the motorbike going down and the bus drifting isn't funny and has to be a problem with the road surface.

If any of my family died there, I'd be gunning for negligence on the part of the road authority.

Gavin

gregozedobe
11-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, there's definitely an element of messing about going with a couple of those but the motorbike going down and the bus drifting isn't funny and has to be a problem with the road surface.

I agree. This corner is obviously catching a lot of people out, so something is going on there (road surface off camber, something slippery coming off the bridge above and coating the road, or whatever ?)

But I also noticed that many of the cars sliding were "on the more mature side", so maybe they didn't have very good tyres (ie near bald). Some of the following cars were able to brake reasonably heavily (to avoid the balletic cars spinning in front of them) and they were stopping without apparent problems.

Certainly it makes you wonder about the state of some of the other cars that we share the roads with, doesn't it ?

Rocket36
11-07-2009, 12:07 PM
You say that, until one day you hit an oil slick you can't see and side straight into a wall.

LOL!!! If you're paying attention you can easily seen oil on the road! :duh:

Stop making excuses. There are NONE when it comes to at fault crashes. You can be unfortunate and be involved when it's someone else's fault. But someone is ALWAYS at fault. It's why the Crash Investigation Units aren't called Accident Investigation Units. Because there's no such thing as an accident.

brad
11-07-2009, 01:16 PM
That's Rijeka in Croatia. Most of the video is in winter when it gets down under 5 degrees so I'm thinking frost on the road isn't helping the fact that they are driving too fast in crappy, badly designed dungers - have you ever seen so many rear engined cars in one spot?

SoVeReIgN
11-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Stop making excuses. There are NONE when it comes to at fault crashes. You can be unfortunate and be involved when it's someone else's fault. But someone is ALWAYS at fault. It's why the Crash Investigation Units aren't called Accident Investigation Units. Because there's no such thing as an accident.

You're wrong. :)

Ben_GTI
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Given the license testers let half blind people pass their tests, I doubt being able to see is a valid criteria for driving safely. So its is unreasonable to expect someone to look at the road while driving.

Preen59
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Given the license testers let half blind people pass their tests, I doubt being able to see is a valid criteria for driving safely. So its is unreasonable to expect someone to look at the road while driving.

No wonder you hit the armco on that cruise dude.. You don't even know how to read the road surface! :duh:

Rocket36
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
You're wrong. :)

No I'm not. :)

Ben_GTI
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
No wonder you hit the armco on that cruise dude.. You don't even know how to read the road surface! :duh:

What armco?

Manaz
12-07-2009, 10:35 PM
No I'm not. :)

I'd lay money that not all oil spills are visible.

Not to mention things like black ice (though to be fair, if the conditions are conducive to the formation of black ice, you change your driving style to suit...)

Manaz
12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
What armco?

http://armcobarriers.com.au/

mikepologti
13-07-2009, 12:08 AM
regardless of peoples comments , humans by default make mistakes often and regularly, no one is a perfect driver and can perfectly navigate there way out of every driving situation.although blaming the driver is only half the story, there are so many variables that arnt shown in the video that make it imposable to make an asumption like that. unfortunalty acidents arnt that simple. for all we know speed signs werent placed , road bitumen was not installed correctly, mechanical failure and medical condition of any variety were to blame (to name a few). if drivers soley were to blame or atleast the prodiminant reason for accidents we wouldnt need traffic investigation, wed simply look at the driving history and experiance of the offending driver instead.

pixl
13-07-2009, 12:18 AM
That's Rijeka in Croatia. Most of the video is in winter when it gets down under 5 degrees so I'm thinking frost on the road isn't helping the fact that they are driving too fast in crappy, badly designed dungers - have you ever seen so many rear engined cars in one spot?

Yep, that's Rijeka. Was there two years ago. Let me just say, that no matter what the conditions are, those bus drivers are bat**** crazy!

We were standing up the back of the bus, in that extra trailer section. The roads aren't the best, but the driver was hitting bumps at crazy speeds.... we were getting air!

The day we took a bus from Rijeka to Pula was the day I thought I was going to die.