PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Controller Mk III Tdi

Soup Nazi
09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi chaps
I would like to procure myself a cruise controller for a MkIII Golf Tdi. This would be the control stalk to replace the original blinker switch including the associated wiring. Not sure of the part number as I have never seen one.

Oli
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi mate
If you thinking to install cruise on your TDI its very big job and you need other few bits also..cruis control module,some wireing,few switches, vacum hoses...try with golf loon maybe he can get whole lot from vr6...
Cheers
Oli

Golf Loon
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I have the whole system or just the stalk, let me know what you need via pm.

Garbon
16-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I just bought one of these from the UK, JMac is going to fit it in a few weeks for me up here in Brisbane

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370162641677

He had to wake up the cruise with VAG com or something similar a few weeks back, we tested it first before I bought the stalk

Your engine has to be a 1Z engine type though and not an AAZ, later is drive by wire. Mine is electronically controlled with no wire

Cant wait to have it fitted :bowdown:

Soup Nazi
29-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Oli, Golf Loon
Turns out the system is specific to the 1Z Tdi. Just some wires and control stalk, activate with VAG COM. Have decided to go new on this one. Thanks anyway.
Cheers

Oli
01-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Oli, Golf Loon
Turns out the system is specific to the 1Z Tdi. Just some wires and control stalk, activate with VAG COM. Have decided to go new on this one. Thanks anyway.
Cheers
Hi again
Dont know how much it will cost you new but there is lots of bits also there golf 3 TDI dosnt come with cruise control so you will need modife something on the pedal (Think its cluth or brake) but still wish you luck with instaling..if you stack somewhere..go for it
Let us know how did you go
Oli

Garbon
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi All

JMac fitted the cruise control to my Mk 3 TDi last weekend that I purchased from the UK and it works really well.

Thanks JMac!:banana: