PDA

View Full Version : Anyone colour coded the skirts on GTI?

clone_tk422
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi All,

getting a new red polo gti, one that annoyed me a little is the side and front / rear skirts how they are black..

I can see they are going for the whole two tone black and red thing and I think it works well with fog light surrounds and the radiator grill but I was kind of thinking it would look a whole lot better if the skirts were colour coded.

So anyways dealer has quoted only $700 to do which doesnt seem too bad but wondering is there any reason why VW has left them black?? For effect only or are they prone to getting scraped a lot and having them in black might hide the marks??

anyways if anyone has done theirs would appreciate if you could let me know how it looks and if possible supply some pics. Also thinking about the fog lights and the radiator grill that maybe it would look good if they were red ad well.. What does everyone think??

Thanks!

EDIT: have seen this pic of the CUP and its what made me think it would look better

http://autoreview.belproject.com/media/1/20060714-2007-vw-volkswagen-polo-gti-cup-edition-back.jpg

Shade
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
There is probably a few reason why VW don't color code the side skirts and what not.
1. Cheaper production costs
2. In the hope that buyers get the genuine color coded body kits
3. Non color coded lower bits do not scratch and mark easily.
4. Do not need to stock all the different colored spare parts for these bits.
etc, etc, etc..........:?

clone_tk422
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
thanks didnt realise you could still get a genuine body kit i thought the gti had the highest option body ket you could get and anything else was after market..

still would appreciate it if any could please let me know if you have colour coded yours and comments on improvements. I am not one to spend $$$ on cars as i am quite happy with whatever comes stock in the car but thought it would look nicer with the sides and front/read colour coded as well

thanks!