PDA

View Full Version : Park Assist shows Park Assist Completed

varsur
08-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi All

I dont know if this is an issue or not but when I try to use park assist in the open area where I have two cars standing in a line leaving a space where I need to park, I drive my tig near the rare car and start park assist but it straight away shows park assist completed.

Is this an issue or I am missing something here.

Thanks,

Arctra
08-07-2009, 02:58 PM
When the front of your Tig is about half way along the length of the rear car I would engage park assist and turn on the indicator. Then drive by the space. If it wants you to engage reverse straight away, it probably thinks you want to park in the space you've just passed behind the rear car, but if you just keep creeping forward it'll figure out the space you actually want to park in.

Hope this helps.

clip
08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
when are you turning it on? I turn it on way before I pull up beside the car where I'm going to park. Never had a problem.

NZTiguan
09-07-2009, 06:34 AM
You should only need to turn the indicator on if the park-assist display shows the wrong side. As I understand it the sensors are ALWAYS working below a given speed (something like 20kph) and you can actually activate park assist AFTER the space and it will still know it's there (as long as it's on the side that is selected of course).

All that said, your description sounds as if you have a fault somewhere that may need to be looked at.

Cheers

varsur
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks All,

I was just trying to show the park assist to some friends to I asked two of them to park their cars one after another and then I got my car out and started the park assist and then it showed Park Assist Finished. It normally works if I have driven my car fair bit. So I guess it needs your car needs to be in motion for a while then you can activate park assist.

Thanks.

tiguan_hunting
09-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks All,

I was just trying to show the park assist to some friends to I asked two of them to park their cars one after another and then I got my car out and started the park assist and then it showed Park Assist Finished. It normally works if I have driven my car fair bit. So I guess it needs your car needs to be in motion for a while then you can activate park assist.

Thanks.

Varsur, yes you are exactly right. I was showing my friends exactly the same thing and it didn't work. I then read the manual and found that Park Assist only comes on if you have travelled greater than 20km/h (or something like that) since you last started the car.

qsilverza
09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Wonder why that is ? Maybe it needs to align itself of it's surroundings ?

varsur
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Varsur, yes you are exactly right. I was showing my friends exactly the same thing and it didn't work. I then read the manual and found that Park Assist only comes on if you have travelled greater than 20km/h (or something like that) since you last started the car.

That explains. Good to know.
Thanks everyone.