PDA

View Full Version : 125 Tsi owners / buyers

vincent
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Readers - time for a thread specific for 125 TSI owners as our - vehicles - options - questions - experiences to share, etc - can be different from those of our fellow posters !

Enjoy

vincent
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Guys Hi – just picked up my new Silver Leaf Tig this week. This is a 125 manual – absolutely base model good value one. The only options I paid the dealer for was the metallic paint and a shaped polystyrene boot tray to collect mud, spills, etc.

Why a 125 you might ask ? Well partly this is our third car in the family so we didn’t want to spend too much but more to the point my eldest son will be driving it a bit and he is on P plates so his licence here in NSW will not permit him to drive the 147 but he can get an exemption to drive the 125. We decided against a diesel as the ten per cent premium for the diesel vehicle made no sense to us given the high price of diesel fuel and the 125 has such a great low down torque it performs really well.

Maybe when my son is off his P plates in another year or so I will look at chipping the engine. We seriously considered the Subaru Forrester but once we found out we could get a Tig for not much more there was no question. Our drive-away price was tremendous value at $34k.

Anyway enough history.

First stop was to Roof Rack World for a pair of the sleek Rola roof racks and a Thule collapsible weatherproof luggage carrier to go on the roof, known as a Ranger 90. This is because we have a business in Thredbo and might need extra carrying capacity as we are downsizing from a ten year old Merc ML320. Mind you I just learnt my Tig back seat moves forward/back in seven click stop adjustments which will help a bit – varies the depth of the luggage space by about 230mm.

After researching this site for suggestions I decided to go with the AVC 9000-1 as a new in-dash audio/bluetooth/nav unit and had the audio job done by the small FHRX Studios in Sydney.

I have to say Marty and his team were keen, clearly knew a lot about VW including Tiguans, knew the VW Canbus system and cared ! Marty said the 9000-1 was pretty good (had the sorts of adjustments needed by them) before he heard the price and then said that was amazing at the price and he really likes the radio quality and this camera for a tidy job.

AVC 9000-1 from Auspack Electronics works just fine – audio responds to steering wheel buttons, iPod works well, does music and satnav at the same time, Bluetooth quality is fine, etc. Have not has much time to play with all the other functions but maybe as we drive to the snow next week.

Reversing camera (the VW Tiguan specific one which goes where a number plate light was) is great – comes on automatically when reverse gear selected, etc and the camera works really well in the night. The grid/guidelines for the vehicle are all there on the screen - much better than just having reversing sensors as on my wife’s Golf GTI.

The vision of the camera is 170 degrees wide and goes from 15 cm behind the car and then for several metres behind the car. The actual grid lines are fixed and seem to mark out an area the width of the car and an area starting 30 cm behind the car and then for the next 60 cm – if there is a way to change the calibration I have not found it yet.

I had FHRX install Dynamat sound deadening put in the front doors and boot area - a highly sensible recommendation - and as I was doing that got carried away a bit and decided to also have the front door speakers upgraded.

The 310 factory Blaupunkt head unit and Blaupunkt speakers were not bad – indeed quite good – but now the sound is seriously good (and I am one of hose folks who read Stereophile magazine – I mainly listen to vocals, detailed acoustic, etc so I am fussy about instrumental detail and sound staging) with the benefit of the 9000-1 in combination with Hertz MLK165 6.5 inch speakers / ML28 tweeters and a professional installation.

Give me 2 weeks or so and I will post detailed photos on the kit, the camera install, etc. Anyone know someone who wants a pre-loved ML 320 going cheap ?

Thank you to the many posters here for their useful information which over many hours helped me in the decision making - and lightening my wallet !

vww
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Vincent

Could you please let me know costings for the following:
1) 9000-1 and did you get it from Rob at Auspak?
2) Reverse camera
3) install by FHRX and who was the techo? If they have already installed yours it would be great to get the same person!

cheers

smithy744
05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Excellent post vincent and nice work on the tig.

cheers
smithy

cubes
05-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Subscribing, good to see someone has got a reverse camera working with the AVC 9000-1, I was about to bite the bullet and shell out for a RNS510 (still at areduced net price) and alll the other expensive wiring and modules to suit.

Pullstarter
06-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice write up Vincent, I went for Hertz speakers also, the ESK6.5's in the front and an ES300 boxed sub for the rear with a Hertz 4 way amp. Super clean sound :)

I don't know how the hell you got the car for 34k drive away!!! :eek: But well done! Mine was considerably more than that :(

Are the Rola roof racks you got the ones that sit almost flush with the stock roof rails? Pics required please :biggrin:

vincent
06-07-2009, 10:05 AM
VWW - Hi - yes the 9000-1 came from Rob at Auspack - without digging out the invoice I think it was $950 incl delivery and incl the VW camera.

I kept pushing Rob for detailed info on installing the camera until he eventually came back and said he could not help and the existing VW wires could not be used but somewhere in that process he realised he had sent me the Golf camera not the Tiguan one so he sent up the correct one. The camera does fit brilliantly into existing screw holes. Rob was unable to help with any recommended installers. Beware that when you get the 9000-1 the instructions are deficient in that you have to remove the two transport screws on the top and the bluetooth code is not 1234 but 0000 both points which I picked up from other posters here.

FHRX - it is a small three man team and every job is personally overseen by Marty who is the boss - he is a hipper dude than me (!) but gives you great confidence and I would thoroughly recommend him. Mine was not their first 9000-1 as another posted here had theirs done by him and their post led me to him.

FYI the job is not quick - my job was at least one day's work and as they had to wait over 24 hours for the speakers to come up from the Melb distributor they actually had my car for a few days - but if I had pre-ordered and could have told him when I was getting the car (delivery is a lottery!) I think you could get it in and out in a day.

cheers Vincent

vincent
06-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Pullstarter - Hi - yes the Rola are the low profile ones in the same shade as the rails - photos will follow in a few days.

cheers

Pullstarter
06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice, i'm really interested to see these as I'm seriously considering them myself.

vincent
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Buying your Tig 125 at a good price :

1. avoid dealer fitted options - tinting, parking sensors, etc all are avail from the same sources for much less !

2. wait - better towbars, etc will be become available in time - see NZ's tow bar as an example

3. Fleet discount - even though I don't run a fleet Barlow's at 5 dock were tremendous in showing how to take advantage of the VW Corporate programmes - most professional associations - e.g. Chartered Accountants; Solictitors; doctors; etc have a corporate discount with VW - Barlows had a long list of qualifying organisations. I kid you not I never would have known to look - but as a chartered accountant I got a corporate discount of over $3k and the dealer delivery charge is capped at $995 - hey this is approaching $5k in discounts even on short supply cars. In the end I bought from Bill Buckle in Sydney - ask for David Crott - he knew I knew my stuff and wasn't going to waste his time - in fact I did the whole deal including signed order over the phone/fax without having even met him.

Excluding options my drive away price was $33,281 - inclusive of stamp duty, rego and CTP. Then add $978 for metallic paint and boot mat and a bit more for fancy Euro plates. This was then a hands down winner over the Forrester for value for money.

cheers Vincent

Arctra
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
After researching this site for suggestions I decided to go with the AVC 9000-1 as a new in-dash audio/bluetooth/nav unit and had the audio job done by the small FHRX Studios in Sydney.
<snip>
AVC 9000-1 from Auspack Electronics works just fine – audio responds to steering wheel buttons, iPod works well, does music and satnav at the same time, Bluetooth quality is fine, etc. Have not has much time to play with all the other functions but maybe as we drive to the snow next week.

Reversing camera (the VW Tiguan specific one which goes where a number plate light was) is great – comes on automatically when reverse gear selected, etc and the camera works really well in the night. The grid/guidelines for the vehicle are all there on the screen - much better than just having reversing sensors as on my wife’s Golf GTI.

The vision of the camera is 170 degrees wide and goes from 15 cm behind the car and then for several metres behind the car. The actual grid lines are fixed and seem to mark out an area the width of the car and an area starting 30 cm behind the car and then for the next 60 cm – if there is a way to change the calibration I have not found it yet.
<snip>

Nice write-up first of all! Thanks for the info. I have a few questions for you though.

Do you know whether the AVC9000-1 is the same unit as the Waywell WD6050? I have read somewhere that it might be, but there was nothing conclusive.

I’m interested in the reversing camera you got. I read in the MyTiguan forums that with the original VW reversing camera, the wiring is very difficult to install aftermarket. Also, you need some extra unit to get the guidelines to work when you turn the steering wheel. Did you get that setup as well, or are the gridlines just arbitrary lines that the AVC9000-1 displays? Do the lines bend when you turn the wheel?

Very keen to see your pics when they’re ready!

vincent
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi
I understand in other posts that they are mechanically the same but there may be differences in the nav maps, etc - other forum members will have a better view - I went with an Ozzie supplier for warranty reasons and did not pursue other ones.

As you suspected I just have the static grid lines - but I have measured them so I now know the distances. I have been parking long enough to be OK without turning markers :) but it is the last bit of whether I am going to hit the other cars bumper bar which I wanted the camera for.

cheers

cubes
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I’m interested in the reversing camera you got. I read in the MyTiguan forums that with the original VW reversing camera, the wiring is very difficult to install aftermarket
How did FHRX go about the camera install did they give you any feedback on the instalation?

clip
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi
I understand in other posts that they are mechanically the same but there may be differences in the nav maps, etc - other forum members will have a better view - I went with an Ozzie supplier for warranty reasons and did not pursue other ones.
I have the previous AVC9000 that comes from a different manufacturer to the AVC9000-1 and the Waywell. From what I can gather those two are the same, (I think Auspack re-brands them to AVC9000/1 etc). There are lots out there, but from what I can gather they all run the same chip and do the same. Some have better looking interfaces (menus and controls). With any of these units you should be able to update the menus to ones you have created yourself, just as I've done.

As for the Nav software, you should be able to run any of them. Mine was supplied with both Tom Tom and iGo8. I use the iGo because I like it better and you can run text to speech with it so it announces the actual street names. But the Tom Tom can be fun because you can download different voices (e.g. john Cleese, Ozzy Ozbourne etc), but to my knowledge no text to speech. All you do is swap SD cards that have the different Nav software on it, or load all software on the one SD card and then just select the one you want to run from the setup menu.

:)

vincent
07-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi photos attached with this Photobucket link (I hope !) - gives you an idea of what has been done. They could have done more but I had a budget to keep to.

cheers

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/Tig692/Tiguan%20Sound%20Deadening/

Tigga1
08-07-2009, 06:27 AM
I am currently on holidays at Gold Coast, and was hoping to get the APR ECU and Haldex upgrades done while down here. As it turned out, APR is still working on the remap for my particular ECU and, as you may have gleaned from Guy's post on this forum, turned out it didn't fit the Tig ;-[

But they did install the torque arm insert FOC; thanks Guy and Glen!

So, to not come home with an empty Tig, I looked at upgrading stereo (thanks Vincent, Pullstarter for your inspiration!). Ended up with Alpine reference series 6.5" splits and PDX amp, as well as a Focal Bus20 8" boxed sub. Both amp and sub are mounted under front seats, wouldn't know they're there.

It rocks, the sub-controller rotary switch is discretely mounted in the stowage area in middle of centre console and, depending on which media you listen too, can be easily adjusted to just the right blend. And apparently, the sound will only improve as the speakers loosen up.

Also had the front doors dynamatted, amazed and how much improved the front soundstage is now. :) If you're in the area, go and see Jason @ GC car soundin Tweed Heads, very professional!

Also, extra plug for Guy H and Glen from Eurotune, hope they come up to FNQ for a fishing trip (and my ECU reflash) soon!

cheers

Tigga1

Pullstarter
08-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Have you got the AB model ECU Tigga? I think that one is a send away job. Luckily mine is AA, just don't have the funds at the moment :(

Holy crap Vincent! They tore half your car apart!! LOL Does make a noticeable difference though for sure.

Guy_H
08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
We will have the AB software code ready next week (just out of time for Tigga's - looks like a fishing trip (tuning trip) up to Cairns shortly!

qsilverza
08-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Marty is well known in the audio world and I have many friends and distributors who think very highly of him.

Guys Hi – just picked up my new Silver Leaf Tig this week. This is a 125 manual – absolutely base model good value one. The only options I paid the dealer for was the metallic paint and a shaped polystyrene boot tray to collect mud, spills, etc.

Why a 125 you might ask ? Well partly this is our third car in the family so we didn’t want to spend too much but more to the point my eldest son will be driving it a bit and he is on P plates so his licence here in NSW will not permit him to drive the 147 but he can get an exemption to drive the 125. We decided against a diesel as the ten per cent premium for the diesel vehicle made no sense to us given the high price of diesel fuel and the 125 has such a great low down torque it performs really well.

Maybe when my son is off his P plates in another year or so I will look at chipping the engine. We seriously considered the Subaru Forrester but once we found out we could get a Tig for not much more there was no question. Our drive-away price was tremendous value at $34k.

Anyway enough history.

First stop was to Roof Rack World for a pair of the sleek Rola roof racks and a Thule collapsible weatherproof luggage carrier to go on the roof, known as a Ranger 90. This is because we have a business in Thredbo and might need extra carrying capacity as we are downsizing from a ten year old Merc ML320. Mind you I just learnt my Tig back seat moves forward/back in seven click stop adjustments which will help a bit – varies the depth of the luggage space by about 230mm.

I have to say Marty and his team were keen, clearly knew a lot about VW including Tiguans, knew the VW Canbus system and cared ! Marty said the 9000-1 was pretty good (had the sorts of adjustments needed by them) before he heard the price and then said that was amazing at the price and he really likes the radio quality and this camera for a tidy job.

I had FHRX install Dynamat sound deadening put in the front doors and boot area - a highly sensible recommendation - and as I was doing that got carried away a bit and decided to also have the front door speakers upgraded.

The 310 factory Blaupunkt head unit and Blaupunkt speakers were not bad – indeed quite good – but now the sound is seriously good (and I am one of hose folks who read Stereophile magazine – I mainly listen to vocals, detailed acoustic, etc so I am fussy about instrumental detail and sound staging) with the benefit of the 9000-1 in combination with Hertz MLK165 6.5 inch speakers / ML28 tweeters and a professional installation.

Give me 2 weeks or so and I will post detailed photos on the kit, the camera install, etc. Anyone know someone who wants a pre-loved ML 320 going cheap ?

Thank you to the many posters here for their useful information which over many hours helped me in the decision making - and lightening my wallet !

Guy_H
09-07-2009, 09:49 AM
We will have the AB software code ready next week (just out of time for Tigga's - looks like a fishing trip (tuning trip) up to Cairns shortly!

Actually the one I have here today is not an AB code - its the 147 kw Auto (another different code) - we should have a 125kw Auto here tomorrow though.

Pullstarter
09-07-2009, 05:45 PM
So there's another one as well as AA and AB? :eek:

Guy_H
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
So far we have 7 different petrol Tiguan codes......

I wish VW would just stick to one, then I could go fishing for 6 days a week instead of working 6 days a week :)

Pullstarter
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
7?!?!?!?! Jeebus that's insane!

vincent
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi

Have now uploaded photos of the Rola roof bars.

Quick background :

I chose Rola due to their low profile and as they don't overhang the side rails. They have a European channel in the bar and take all the Thule range of accessories and I imagine most other brands as well. The colour matching for the 125 rails is excellent.

I had ordered them without the locks which gives an even lower profile but Rola were recalling those end bits. I might paint the lock ends black if I don't swap back to the the lower end bits. Locks are not really needed as you need a tool to put the bars on or remove them. I had the guys use shorter bolts than standard to minimise protrusion below the rail and I will touch up the bottom of the bolts/nuts with black paint - these racks are going to stay on permanently!

I have similar racks on my ten year old merc 4wd - they are pretty colour fast. I drove down to Thredbo and back this weekend and there was no apparent wind noise.

Vincent

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/Tig692/Tiguan%20Rola%20Roof%20bars/

Pullstarter
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
They look excellent Vincent, I'm also keen on these because they don't overhang. Colour match really is good :)

Tigga1
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi

I chose Rola due to their low profile and as they don't overhang the side rails. They have a European channel in the bar and take all the Thule range of accessories and I imagine most other brands as well. The colour matching for the 125 rails is excellent.

I had ordered them without the locks which gives an even lower profile but Rola were recalling those end bits. I might paint the lock ends black if I don't swap back to the the lower end bits. Locks are not really needed as you need a tool to put the bars on or remove them. I had the guys use shorter bolts than standard to minimise protrusion below the rail and I will touch up the bottom of the bolts/nuts with black paint - these racks are going to stay on permanently!

[/URL]
Vincent, where did you get them, looks like the bars for me! Also, @ what cost?
Don't like the big VW bars @ all:eek:

had my doors dynamated as part of my stereo upgrade, awesome.
I have the reversible rubber/carpet insert in back, hoping it does a similar job to your rear dynamat!

cheers
Tigga

vincent
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi back home now for one day before off to Qld for work and some R&R at Sunshine beach....

I have started to load up some photos of the aftermarket camera (see original post in this thread for details).

It utilises the same cavity and screw holes as the existing number plate lights so is a cinch to fit to the body.

The camera has a pretty good sensor with heaps of detail especially at night.

Mind you this morning it wasn't performing as well - but the car had driven nearly 1,400kms including in rain with the camera on - all it needed was a wipe with my finger to clear the water drops/dust off the lens.

The factory camera position is different - photo of it on the red Tiguan included for comparison.

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/Tig692/Tiguan%20After%20market%20VW%20Reversing%20Camera/

Vincent

vincent
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi
Tigga - Hi - Rola are sold most places but I got mine from Roof Rack World in Artarmon Sydney - they also fitted them free and I got the Thule Ranger 90 there as well. $299 from recollection with the locks but web search will confirm.

cheers

Sanman
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Excellent work Vincent - thanks for the photos of both racks and camera installation. I ordered a Passat camera yesterday, as my original Auspack one died - I think Auspack Rob is still overseas.

mattyb
19-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Vincent

thanks for the awsome write-up. Do the steering wheel mounted buttons work for the BT.

A bit off topic.... Have you had to drive the Tig on any Snow/ice covered roads yet? Saw your pics of the roof racks with the snow in the back ground, just wondering how it went.

Matt

vincent
19-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi Vincent

thanks for the awsome write-up. Do the steering wheel mounted buttons work for the BT.

A bit off topic.... Have you had to drive the Tig on any Snow/ice covered roads yet? Saw your pics of the roof racks with the snow in the back ground, just wondering how it went.

Matt

Matt - Hi

Have not tried that yet with the BT - will experiment.

Heading back down to Alpenhorn in Thredbo tomorrow so if it snows while we are driving....will let you know - there is great snow down in Thredbo now.

cheers

vincent
19-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Hertz of course...

the FHRX guys show how to do it properly...

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/Tig692/Tiguan%20Hertz%20MLK165%20speakers/

Guy_H
21-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Back to page 2 & 3 - anyone waiting on the APR software for the 125kw Tiguan's - all the current ones are now available!

Tigga1
22-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Back to page 2 & 3 - anyone waiting on the APR software for the 125kw Tiguan's - all the current ones are now available!

Hi Guy
Just registering my interest, for if you're coming up this way...:)

Also keen on the Haldex once they make the right bits!

kind regards

Tigga

Guy_H
22-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Tigga, Already noted!

DieselTig
22-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Tigga, Already noted!
Guy, keen to get the Haldex Gen IV HPP too here in cosmopolitan Melbourne.
How far away is this product?

vincent
27-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi

Simple photos showing how new tweeters can be fitted..the size difference gives you some idea of the possible quality diff between the standard Blaupunkt and the new !

Vincent

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/Tig692/Tiguan%20Hertz%20ML28%20teeters/

Guy_H
28-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Guy, keen to get the Haldex Gen IV HPP too here in cosmopolitan Melbourne.
How far away is this product?

They didn't say exactly, we will be first production run is all I know at this stage - will update when I hear something!

DieselTig
28-07-2009, 12:10 PM
They didn't say exactly, we will be first production run is all I know at this stage - will update when I hear something!
Guy, we'll wait in anticipation

Pullstarter
28-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice setup Vincent, Hertz=good :)

qsilverza
28-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeh looks good, I know the importer of the Hertz stuff personally and I had it in my Ba wagon and it sounded fantastic for what I paid ! I actually made money on my stuff when I resold it hahah

varsur
29-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi Vincent,

Can you please let me know how much did you paid.

vincent
29-07-2009, 11:32 PM
a bit complex...

it included ..the sound deadening..installing the AVC 9000-1...the speakers ..the speakers install...and installing the camera & its wiring....all up the cost was about $1600 plus gst. I supplied the AVC and the camera. I have an approx split of the costs somewhere and will post it when I find it again.

cheers Vincent

clip
30-07-2009, 06:34 PM
it included ..the AVC 9000-1...the speakers ..
hey Vincent, have you thought about adding an amp to your system? Even a $300-$400 100wrms/channel amp would totally transform the sound. The stock head unit would be lucky to put out 20w a channel (regardless of what it claims) and those beautiful hertz speakers really need some juice behind them to perform to the level of sound quality they are capable of.

...and you don't want that head unit clipping and blowing those speakers!

:)

vincent
30-07-2009, 07:18 PM
HI thanks - maybe one day .....well I am no longer running the head stock unit.. but the better powered AVC 9000-1 - not the same as adding an amp but a step up...

cheers

clip
30-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I am no longer running the head stock unit.. but the better powered AVC 9000-1 -
Yep, I know you're running the AVC. But that 40watts/channel would be lucky to hit 15 or 20wrms in reality.

But it's just a thought though as it seems a shame to run the those hertz without an amp. The biggest mistake people make is buying qual speakers and not amping them. I've installed hertz (and other hi qual speakers) with non-amped head units (regardless of how powerful the head unit says it is) and they have actually sounded worse than the stock speakers. Did you listen to the stock speakers with the AVC? I would put money on it that in a blind test, most people would pick the stock speakers over the hertz. That's how dependent good speakers are on real power. For a few more $ the difference can be truly astounding. :)

Pullstarter
31-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Totally agree you have to Amp them. I went for a 4 channel Hertz amp, around $400 I think it was and it's great! 2 channels going to the front splits and the other 2 channels bridged for the sub, really brings the Hertz splits to life and the sub kicks very hard. Not a lot of money for the MASSIVE improvement you'll get. :biggrin:

vincent
09-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi - my Tig will have to live on the street (a quiet one) and will not be driven for up to three weeks at a time..so looking for a good fitted car cover for outside use...(fitted = cut for the car incl fitted over the mirrors based on my other car cover) ...I have found one in the Uk (no photo from them yet) ...any suggestions on who else ?

thanks

Transporter
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Look at the TJM shop, I saw a while ago some tailor made covers for different vehicles there the supplier of these was a small business located in WA. TJM shop had the display with some of them; they looked well made to me.

clip
10-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi - my Tig will have to live on the street (a quiet one) and will not be driven for up to three weeks at a time....any suggestions on who else ? thanks
you could move up here Vincent and I'd look after it for you :bluesbro:

Arctra
16-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi - my Tig will have to live on the street (a quiet one) and will not be driven for up to three weeks at a time..so looking for a good fitted car cover for outside use...(fitted = cut for the car incl fitted over the mirrors based on my other car cover) ...I have found one in the Uk (no photo from them yet) ...any suggestions on who else ?

thanks

Hey Vincent

I saw this post on VW Vortex that you might be interested in: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4028318

Seems VW make a cover for the Tig with part number 5N0-061-205-H. US Retail price is US$326.40 according to the post there, so with the exchange rate as it is at the moment it might not be a bad option? A quick Goolgle of it shows this pic:
http://www.neitral.ru/index.php?productID=17399
http://www.neitral.ru/products_pictures/5N0061205H.jpg

Hope that helps!

Pullstarter
16-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Tailor made ones are available on US Ebay too, much less than $300.