PDA

View Full Version : New Member, new Polo Owner

clone_tk422
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi All,

Thought I would join up to the boards, I am a pending polo gti owner, waiting on delivery (hoping this weekend)

Got red with leather upgrade although I really wanted blue I think it looks more classy but they were only available without leather so its that or wait 4 months for a new one.

Cant wait, excited to jump in. This is my first brand new car and the reason I first looked at VW is because of reputation, winning awards and all that but after i jumped in and test drove the polo gti I found another reason to buy one - they are fun!!

Anyways I have tried querying the dealer on details of what sound system is in them as every I look its just - premium sound system 8 speakers. So i am assuming probably no subs there but can i ask from the current owners how the sound system is?? Im not a doof-doof person but I like nice clear sound.

Well for all statisical purposes, I am 29, male and live on the Gold Coast. Funny how you start looking at what other new cars are on the road when you are buying one yourself but I have to say I havent seen many of mine around, so I am happy to add one to the road!

SidGTi
07-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome mate! Nice to hear these little GTI's are getting more popular and popular! :)

The GTI's are a fun car to drive arent they? Plenty of torque in any gear and you can chuck them around in corners. If you're looking to mod your GTI in the coming months many people here will vouch for the APR ECU reflash as an excellent 1st modification. I am yet to have it done yet on mine but I'm saving the pennys for it and cant wait. :D

Yes the stocko cd player isnt really the best. Lacks clarity and you really need to upgrade the head unit if you're looking to have some decent sound. I am actually a doof doof kind of person so I like my sound systems to have a bit of kick in them. ;) I'll be looking to replace the stocko unit in the next week or so. A Pioneer deck with ipod connectivity looks the goods so far!

Enjoy your stay here!

ryan_GTI
08-01-2007, 02:30 AM
Hey enjoy ur stay mate! ... another QLD'er - keep them coming!

brackie
08-01-2007, 06:02 AM
...and enjoy your new car! My Golf TDI is the first new car I've ever owned (well...really the buisness owns it :( ) and it feels good. It took you 29 years to get one. It took me 57 :( I try not to think about the depreciation in both $$s and years.

Welcome to the forum and join in on the cruises if you can.

shaneth
08-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Welcome clone_tk422, Hope you enjoy your stay. Its an awesome forum with plenty of polo gti drivers.

While your here check out the next SEQ cruise we are trying to get off the ground, it can be found here. SEQ Cruise (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=2704).

And also add your name to theWhere are you from poll. (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3113)

Shade
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Welcome Dude, I am a new pending Polo GTI owner too. Picking mine up this coming saturday. Can't wait, really excited, such a great fun car. :D

DubSteve
08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome mate hope this forum is a helpful as it has been to everyone on the forum.

GTIJNR
09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
hey, welcome, red n leather exact as mine, but sorry to dissapoint u, the sound is a bit crappy for a premium 8 spks system... front speaker are not bad, but the rear is shocking, mine rattle at rear right when volume up high... gotta go back vw or find time to fix it myself... the car is fun though, enough to embarrash wrx drivers sometime lol, even miniS n M3 driver will give us thump up lol

SidGTi
09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
GTIJNR so you've run a mini cooper s and an M3 in the GTI? :D

GTIJNR
10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah lol!!!
Its a cooperS auto, my 1 & 2 im in front but by 3 gear he real me in n pass by a car lengh n holt it till 180... he still not believe my is stock with 4000kms on the clock, his has exhaust, he say its embarrash for a 40K can't shake the 27K car off...
98 M3 is fast, but not by much compare 2 the mini, he's pulling away slowly on high gear but still freak out the the gti is still behind... he said he like the lil car lol...
also had a chance to line up with a R33 boosted, STR 300C dump with 20" and a VY SS all at one... lol 110 starting pulling and stick right behind em all the way 2 200!!! that was some thing i'll never forget .... btw, 300C won...
please don't flame or ask where lol

Timbo
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry buddy, but I reckon 'kill' posts are a real wank and usually total bull****e. They should be edited out of the forum by the mods, because they contain nothing of value but the pseudo ego of a keyboard warrior :mad: and they encourage other, equally senseless responses.

Take your car to a track day or one of the many legal drag strips, learn to drive fast and safely, and by all means post your lap times -- hopefully independently verified.

Tim

brackie
11-01-2007, 05:29 AM
If you can make any sense out of the previous post you're better than interpreting code than I am. I may be naive but is this a "kill" post? If so, I reckon even those who can understand it will ignore it. Moderator...Your call.

Kai
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah lol!!!
Its a cooperS auto, my 1 & 2 im in front but by 3 gear he real me in n pass by a car lengh n holt it till 180... he still not believe my is stock with 4000kms on the clock, his has exhaust, he say its embarrash for a 40K can't shake the 27K car off...
98 M3 is fast, but not by much compare 2 the mini, he's pulling away slowly on high gear but still freak out the the gti is still behind... he said he like the lil car lol...
also had a chance to line up with a R33 boosted, STR 300C dump with 20" and a VY SS all at one... lol 110 starting pulling and stick right behind em all the way 2 200!!! that was some thing i'll never forget .... btw, 300C won...
please don't flame or ask where lol

I gather your chipped? Other wise you would be lieing!

shaneth
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Which one do you think he is lieing about? If he was chipped he would be lieing as a chipped polo gti would eat a cooper s. On a drag strip that is. As for the rest ill have to see it to believe it.

Kai
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Which one do you think he is lieing about? If he was chipped he would be lieing as a chipped polo gti would eat a cooper s. On a drag strip that is. As for the rest ill have to see it to believe it.

Stock Polo 0-100 in 8.2

Stock Cooper S 0-100 in 7.2

Which is why i questioned it :)

Ive raced an m3, a newer one at that, i beat it too the end of first gear, after that, he was gone.

shaneth
11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Stock Polo 0-100 in 8.2

Stock Cooper S 0-100 in 7.2

Which is why i questioned it :)

Ive raced an m3, a newer one at that, i beat it too the end of first gear, after that, he was gone.

Hmm Motor mag says it does 7.7 0-100km/h
and a 15.65 0-400m

Now i think i remember hearing of a standard Polo gti runing high 15, i think 15.8 from memory (no i cant verify this until i take mine down which is happening asap.), so there isnt much in 0.15sec.

But i do understand where you are coming from.

Kai
11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Hmm Motor mag says it does 7.7 0-100km/h
and a 15.65 0-400m

Now i think i remember hearing of a standard Polo gti runing high 15, i think 15.8 from memory (no i cant verify this until i take mine down which is happening asap.), so there isnt much in 0.15sec.

But i do understand where you are coming from.

yar, i got mine from redbook.

I did a 15.7 in the stock polo with a fair bit a weight taken out (**** driver).

Ive done a 14.7 with the chip, and a little less weight.

shaneth
11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
So a standard Cooper S is only marginally faster than a Polo GTI. I think Motor a real world figures as well done by there driving team... not sure though.

Glide_GTI
15-01-2007, 10:30 PM
the sound is pretty rubbish, but thats ok. I just wind down the window and listen to that giac tuned turbo... mmm

I have done a 14.6 with everything in the car with a giac chip

FL00DY
16-01-2007, 06:31 AM
hey damo. Everyone knows how well a MCS can handle. I did a motorkhana with bout 10-12 MINI's and I was lapping the circuits about 2 seconds faster then the MINI's. Glide's parents were there in their MINI. Was a lot of fun.

shaneth
16-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Thats pretty impressive.

hey damo. Everyone knows how well a MCS can handle. I did a motorkhana with bout 10-12 MINI's and I was lapping the circuits about 2 seconds faster then the MINI's. Glide's parents were there in their MINI. Was a lot of fun.