PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 2010 Tig

brh1978
28-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Found this on vortex...Euro 2010 Tig

http://picasaweb.google.com/Maciek.Zolynski

I'm surprised the A/C controls and steering wheel weren't updated, all in all not a whole lot different to the current model (phew)!

vww
28-06-2009, 09:33 PM
So what are the differences??

Sanman
28-06-2009, 10:22 PM
So what are the differences??

Who knows how the Poland spec compares with ours -
Golf VI MFD and cluster variant
This one has chrome roof rails, Base mode steering wheel (no buttons) - assume its a base model
Optioned metallic (nice blue), wheels, RCD510, comfort (climatronic), sunroof, Xenons.
Seat back table(?)
Nasty revised cloth trim.

Pullstarter
28-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Fuel gauge and temp gauge are different along with the MKVI MFD being white lit instead of red. Have to agree that upholstery is hideous! The ciggie lighter flap/lid looks bigger too.

Bayman
28-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Fuel gauge and temp gauge are different along with the MKVI MFD being white lit instead of red. Have to agree that upholstery is hideous! The ciggie lighter flap/lid looks bigger too.

The Ciggy flap is the same as the new Golf Plus and is bigger than current model.. I keep tissues in the space below so I prefer the current model. As for the dash, the white I knew was coming as the Skoda Octavia has the white cluster but rather than the squeezed dial in a dial they have half dials at the top of the MFD which I prefer.
All the empty space around the MFD I find slightly inferior looking. Seems the firmware update may include more adjustments. Hopefully the MY09 will be suitable for updating. All in all a typical midstream update I guess. I wonder if the 125kw diesel will be offered? mmmmmmmh That I would like but an extra $2000 I would guess would be the sticking point.

MKTD
28-06-2009, 11:51 PM
My Tiguan will be delivered in November and it is going to be 2010 model according to the dealer. Does that mean I am getting a white MFD? Pity I kinda like the red MFD. :duh:

Bayman
29-06-2009, 12:12 AM

I'm surprised the A/C controls and steering wheel weren't updated, all in all not a whole lot different to the current model (phew)!

If you check out the UK VW website for the Golf Plus (Tiguan upgrade), it shows a new climate control using the screen on the RNS/RCD 510 to show separate settings and has a new auto recirculating feature. I wonder if VW will bump the price up again when this model arrives. The VW Aust specs download is already 06/09 but I have not located the difference from the previous download I have.

pol280
29-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Hi all,

These pictures were taken by me. To get know what is new in the 2010 Tiguan please read the full post on: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4442364.

If you would have any questions I will monitor this forum as well :)

As you have said - not many differences - only new instruments with white lighting and white MFD, Park Assist that can now park in few moves (+1,1 meter gap, not 1,4m as it was previous). I was just surprised then, becaused I have ordered 2009 model and my dealer managed to get the 2010 for the same price :)

Bayman
29-06-2009, 07:14 PM
So does the white MFD show gear selection down the bottom like the Red MFD? From what I have seen it doesn't but shows o/s temp and has an extra line for MDI tracks etc. Also digital speedo readout.

Another change is the sunglass compartment in the ceiling, it has a door rather than an open space (Much better!) Personally I find all these places just make rattles unless you wrap things in soft material. My ride is extra firm with 18inch wheels. The worst thing is the passenger seat belt hits the B pillar going over speed humps (no one in seat of course).

I wonder if current MY09 Park Assist can be upgraded for 1.1M spacing?
Anyone willing to follow this up with VW Aust?
Surely it is only software (I hope). The fuel and temp gauges are 270deg dials which is good for Fuel and also the Speedo is 240Km/h limit not 260 km/h in the MY09. I would have thought Aust would get the Golf steering Wheel. If the Production line changed in May, then I guess by August we will see MY10 in the showrooms.

I am happy with Red interior though. I wonder if the white is visible enough with bright sunlight on it, Red is OK as I checked it out today.

MKTD
29-06-2009, 08:03 PM
This is just getting better :duh:

As well as changing the MFD to white color, the whole interior lighting is white now? I really like the classic VW blue interior lighting :(

Oh well I hope someone will put a video of the new 2010 on youtube so that I can see what it looks like. Hope it looks equally nice - fingers crossed

P.S. Dealer told me my car would be 2009 MY10, so I suppose it'd be 2010 model right?

Cheers

Pullstarter
29-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure every Tig that was manufactured from May 09 onwards was 2010 spec, I could be wrong?

DJY
29-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I like the white MFD!

Was on the Passat CC I drove as well!

Ice white - like Mercedes use on their dash.

WannaTig
29-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure every Tig that was manufactured from May 09 onwards was 2010 spec, I could be wrong?

Dealer told me MY10 production starts week 22, which is end of May I guess.

I don't much like any of the changes :(
Prefer the red MFD, don't like that dial-in-a-dial thing at all, liked the blue dial better, and the bigger ciggie flap means can't get a box of tissues in there. And those seats - yuk.
Actually, do like the chrome roof bits though!

Bayman
29-06-2009, 09:30 PM

I don't much like any of the changes :(
Prefer the red MFD, don't like that dial-in-a-dial thing at all, liked the blue dial better, and the bigger ciggie flap means can't get a box of tissues in there. And those seats - yuk.

So what is VW Aust policy when you walk in to the showroom to order a MY10 Tiguan. Do they show you a new brochure? Is there another anticipated price rise? I guess VW need to be careful to keep the Tiguan well below the Audi Q5. If I had the bucks the Q5 looks awesome with their huge wheels revealing the brake calipers. Any sign of memory seats in MY10 yet in Aust? Personally I find the biggest issue with the Tiguan is the bootspace needs an extra 100mm in depth for suitcases so I guess a body shape change will be some time coming.

DJY
29-06-2009, 09:41 PM

My dealer said week 24 or 26 - but either way - my guess is they have been building them now for a few weeks at least.

Chrome roof rails - nice! But then I'm biased I have them on my 147TSI!
Being a Euro 2010 - they probably aren't new there either... some countries have then standard.

As for the dial in the dial and the seats - I'm glad I don't have either!

I'll keep my beautiful 09!!!

MKTD
29-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Well I guessed so - ice white like Merc.

Still prefer blue though. VW blue, BMW orange, Merc white, Audi red - isn't it nice that they have their icon colour :)

I didn't know I was gonna get a 2010 model. Not until I decided to go ahead and put down a deposit, the dealer said "oh, by the way, your tiguan would be 2010 model"...ummmm

MKTD
29-06-2009, 09:59 PM
check out this link:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-volkswagen-tiguan-4.htm?photo=1666536#toptab

any comments? old pic? nice non-leather vanilla seats though :)

DJY
29-06-2009, 10:07 PM
These new pics still have the red MFD...
so not sure of their reliability.

MKTD
29-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Go check out VW international website, the pics are 2010 model

http://www.volkswagen.com/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en2/models/tiguan/gallery.html

Hope it helps

Sanman
29-06-2009, 10:25 PM
check out this link:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-volkswagen-tiguan-4.htm?photo=1666536#toptab

any comments? old pic? nice non-leather vanilla seats though :)

Looks like old pics. Still shows the 2009 s/wheel, red MFD. We know its getting the GolfVI s/wheel and Heater controls.

In general, manufacturers follow a 2-year/4 year product cycle - a facelift every 2 years, a major revision every 4. The Tiguan is 2 years old, so we get a minor facelift, which basically means taking parts from Golf VI. Add in standard equipment if the market is tough, the competition is fierce, or the vehicle is old. Sheet metal changes are expensive, this comes at a major revision. Taillights and headlamps are cheap to change at any time, so I am hopeful for LED tailamps, which is standard in the US market.

MKTD
29-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi Sanman,

Are you certain about the new steering wheel? Have you got your new Tiguan yet? It'd be great if 2010 models have Golf V steering wheels - they look awesome. How come the pics on international website still have the old steering wheel but the new dash board?

Cheers

NZTiguan
30-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Not sure if this has been posted here but this poster on Vortex HAS a 2010 Tiguan. His pics are at http://picasaweb.google.com/Maciek.Zolynski

Should answer some questions. If you go to http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4442364 you'll see the whole thread.

I'm sure he won't mind us spreading the pics around.

Cheers

brh1978
30-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Looks like old pics. Still shows the 2009 s/wheel, red MFD. We know its getting the GolfVI s/wheel and Heater controls.

In general, manufacturers follow a 2-year/4 year product cycle - a facelift every 2 years, a major revision every 4. The Tiguan is 2 years old, so we get a minor facelift, which basically means taking parts from Golf VI. Add in standard equipment if the market is tough, the competition is fierce, or the vehicle is old. Sheet metal changes are expensive, this comes at a major revision. Taillights and headlamps are cheap to change at any time, so I am hopeful for LED tailamps, which is standard in the US market.

Those pics are old, I saw them there last year...no LEDs in the US Tigs, only the high mount stop light is LED...Tigs are pretty much the same everywhere except minor config variations (chrome, no chrome, multifunction steering wheel, adaptive suspension, DRL's etc).

I'd say what you see in this Euro 2010 pics are what we'll get...we'll just have to wait n see!

dogbowl
30-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Mid-life upgrades often have unseen changes too, such as software changes, updated digital displays, and electronics that reflect technological progress.

Typically, the upgrades do not have price hikes, however the Tiggy has been a success in Oz since day 1, so who knows....

Bayman
30-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Those pics are old, I saw them there last year...no LEDs in the US Tigs, only the high mount stop light is LED...Tigs are pretty much the same everywhere except minor config variations (chrome, no chrome, multifunction steering wheel, adaptive suspension, DRL's etc).

I'd say what you see in this Euro 2010 pics are what we'll get...we'll just have to wait n see!

Price List on New Zealand site shows MY10 price increase and due August.

Tiguan 2.0 TDI (MY09) Diesel 6-spd tip 7.5 199 5-star $54,490
Tiguan 2.0 TDI (MY10, est August arrival) Diesel 6-spd tip 7.5 199 $55,990

Overall I prefer the Red interior lights but as I have only latched on to the VW/Audi model changes, it seems August is the c/o month each year? I guess some models have different levels / amount of changes. I find it hard to believe you can order a car and not know EXACTLY what features will be changed. I guess the next time I purchase order a VW, I should do it once confirmation of the next MYxx is confirmed. When selling what determines the price more MY or build date month/year? a mixture with MY leading price indicator.

cubes
30-06-2009, 04:25 PM
find it hard to believe you can order a car and not know EXACTLY what features will be changed

Exactly what I find annoying, those little things could be a dealbreaker, not too keen like most evey one else from the red display to the white and the dial in dial gauges look kind of cheap compared to thr curent model, I will just have to wait till September and see what comes.

Any verification if the RCD310 will change to a RCD510 or be available as a stand alone upgrade?

Sanman
30-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi Sanman,
Are you certain about the new steering wheel?

I'm no longer an auto industry insider, can't be certain of anything - Tig MY10 upgrades appears to be based on Golf VI "Plus" interior which gives the Golf VI s/wheel, heater controls, upgraded CANbus. Makes sense, as its an easy low cost upgrade. All the rest are options, which is selected by VW Australia for inclusion in the AUS MY10 model, VWA probably locked in their options 6 months ago when the AUD to EU <0.50. Then, they'd have struggled to maintain options without increasing price, so I'm not hopeful of anything, despite the exchange rate recovery.

...no LEDs in the US Tigs, only the high mount stop light is LED...
I can only go by the US Tiguan brochure which claims LED taillights P.18: http://www.vw.com/global/brochure/vw_brochures/tiguan.pdf
Might be only the highmount, thought the brightness requirements of the US taillamps require a unique design

MKTD
30-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi Sanman,

So it seems that it is VW Australia's call as to what to be included for the new builds that were ordered before the production of 2010 models starts? So it is likely that, for example in my case, I will get a MY10 model in November that is exactly the same as the 09 model? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Cheers