PDA

View Full Version : R36 system upgrade

GHW
27-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey All,

My car's going in for a full system upgrade in the next few weeks. If anyone's interested I can post pics? let me know.

Getting a 7" touchscreen, Nav, twin rear monitors, digital TV,front and rear cameras, bluetooth, an Audyssey XT pro sound processor, twin sets of splits, a 10' carbon fibre subwoofer and around 1800 WRMS of power amps (all 2 of them!)
Can't wait ! :biggrin:

Dyldo
27-06-2009, 08:19 PM
definitely post all build pics man, great idea and reads like a great install too.

but, i have to ask - isnt the sound of the r36 enough for you?

vwevo
28-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd love to know what type of digital TV (brand and aerial) and rear monitors you have decided to go with. I have been researching myself but haven't found the right option yet.

GHW
30-06-2009, 07:04 AM
No, the R36 sound isn't enough for me. I've worked in audio all my life and it's my profession so you get a bit fussy :biggrin:

GHW
30-06-2009, 07:13 AM
I'd love to know what type of digital TV (brand and aerial) and rear monitors you have decided to go with. I have been researching myself but haven't found the right option yet.

I'm biased as I work for an a/v company so you'll need to check stuff out and see what you prefer. My RSE system will be two 7" monitors installed in the factory headrests, whatever you decide to buy I would suggest you retain your factory headrests, don't replace them (as, technically, changing the headrests can cause insurance probs as it's part of the restraint system, generic headrests don't go through compliancing like factory ones)
The TV tuner comes with glass mount antennae but we'll be upgrading the antennae to hidden ones under the front and rear bumpers from another manufacturer, I'll find out what they're using and let you know if you like? the installers been using them for his Porsche upgrades with good results I'm told.