PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Tourag Roof Rails

biggus
27-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi,

Just bought a Treg without roof rails and now regret not having them installed. Can anyone help me with information on how I can get a set of rails and fittings? Can I buy them from VW Australia as parts/accessories, or can I get them elsewhere?

Thanks for your help................

bobzed57
28-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I had a heart attack when I priced the OEM rails and bars. I've been using Thule Aero bars and they've worked for me. Available from usual suspects, but at half the OEM price.

Cheers

biggus
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks bobzed57,

I think I've managed to get some rails (Cayenne - off a Touareg - not delivered yet) so now I need to get some bars to suit - you recommend Thule? Got a recommended vendor?

Thanks,

bobzed57
13-07-2009, 08:48 AM
biggus

Depends where you are. I'm in Canberra and bought mine from Pride in Fyshwick.

Cheers

Wilson
16-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks bobzed57,

I think I've managed to get some rails (Cayenne - off a Touareg - not delivered yet) so now I need to get some bars to suit - you recommend Thule? Got a recommended vendor?

Thanks,

Biggus, how much a pair of rails cost you, and where can I get them? Thanks.

Wilson:)

thevwbug
25-07-2009, 09:34 PM

I used Rola on my last Touareg, Rhino do them as well, you will pay around $260 for a set.

thebug

biggus
08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Wilson,

Bought them from overseas (UK) original Porsche part Cayenne rails. Fit into the Treg channels OK (with a little adjustment). Thay are a little shorter that the channels, so the back inch of the channel remains exposed - look good though. I paid $800AUD for them - private on eBay.

BigGus