PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Xenon Headlights for Tiguan - Retrofitting

pezza
25-06-2009, 10:22 AM
G'day All,

Our tigger (103TDi) finally arrived at the dealer on Tuesday and we're picking it up on the 6th July after a four month wait! However when we ordered, we tacked on a few extra extras after we had placed the order, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the car. One was the dynaudio, but since the missus is obsessed with talkback radio, thats probably not going to be much of a concern. The other was the bi-xenon headlights. Now i've never owned a car with bi-xenon or just xenon headlights so i'm not too concerned, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if these can be fitted aftermarket? I did ask the dealer and he did say no, but I thought there might be a third party that can fit these?

sama13
25-06-2009, 01:15 PM
G'day All,

Our tigger (103TDi) finally arrived at the dealer on Tuesday and we're picking it up on the 6th July after a four month wait! However when we ordered, we tacked on a few extra extras after we had placed the order, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the car. One was the dynaudio, but since the missus is obsessed with talkback radio, thats probably not going to be much of a concern. The other was the bi-xenon headlights. Now i've never owned a car with bi-xenon or just xenon headlights so i'm not too concerned, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if these can be fitted aftermarket? I did ask the dealer and he did say no, but I thought there might be a third party that can fit these?

Yes you can, I have part number for LHD for the main headlamps, I think you need the headlamps and a couple of modules I had quoted them and where US$2000+ both HL and the 4 modules. I hope somebody can help you on the Part numbers.

NZTiguan
25-06-2009, 01:47 PM
You "may" be ABLE to BUT I'd bet it will cost an absolute fortune cos there's a tremendous amount to do. I would suspect you'd be talking the thick end of 4 or 5k and I very much doubt it's worth that unless you do a tremendous amount of open road night driving. They'd be nice to have I'm sure but I doubt you'll really miss them. Just my 2c worth.

Cheers

varsur
25-06-2009, 01:50 PM
You can try this from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Japan-HALO-H7-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-VW-Tiguan-2009_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7 c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a3Q7c294Q3a5 0QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1e570fd3c8QQ itemZ130309673928QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fParts Q5fAccessories

Cheers

pezza
25-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Looks like I might just make do with the normal lights for the time being.

Bayman
29-06-2009, 09:01 PM
You "may" be ABLE to BUT I'd bet it will cost an absolute fortune cos there's a tremendous amount to do. I would suspect you'd be talking the thick end of 4 or 5k and I very much doubt it's worth that unless you do a tremendous amount of open road night driving. They'd be nice to have I'm sure but I doubt you'll really miss them. Just my 2c worth.

Cheers

Also by law BiXenons need to have washer units fitted, so a very expensive mod. As for Dynaudio, check other threads on this site. Alternate sound was fitted for $1500.

Sanman
29-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Looks like I might just make do with the normal lights for the time being.

I just ordered some Phillips X Treme Power H7 bulbs, which are same wattage 80% higher light output than conventional for AUD$45. There are others around with 50% more light, but hey, I thought whilst I was there I'd get the brightest. Note these bulbs will have a shorter life than conventionals.
This appears to be the easiest and legal way to get some more light.

If its not clear from above, you cannot retrofit legally HID (Bi-Xenons) to a vehicle, its against the law in most countries inc here. You must have self-levelling function and washers. Fitting the HID bulbs in headlamps designed for normal Halogens will cause an unnacceptable amount of light scatter, blinding other drivers.
Refer discussion on ADRs and quote of requirements for HIDs from Swallowtail:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=30936&highlight=Philips+X-treme+Power&page=3

Bayman
30-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I just ordered some Phillips X Treme Power H7 bulbs, which are same wattage 80% higher light output than conventional for AUD$45.

Where in Melb are you getting these from? Will they be OK regarding any extra heat generated considering headlights are now all plastic housings.
Be interested how they peform once you get them.

Sanman
30-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Where in Melb are you getting these from? Will they be OK regarding any extra heat generated considering headlights are now all plastic housings.
Be interested how they peform once you get them.

Same wattage as standard, so no heating problems.

Autobarn was selling them on special in May for $49.99

I bought the Philips XTreme for $45 landed from an EBay seller:powerbulbsdirect. eg:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PHILIPS-X-TREME-POWER-H7-EXTREME-XENON-BULBS-AUDI_W0QQitemZ380129908714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58818217ea&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A5 0
Sadly, Bayman, after initial fitup they seem identical to standard Halogens in colour and light output :(

Refer discussion and discount code to get them for $52 from Powerbulbs.com UK Online shop (related to theEbay one above) with free parker lamps.
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=28188

Naresh
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what height the headlamps should be adjusted to? Since I had my bi-xenons fitted they point lower on the ground than my Audi TT. A first night drive over the weekend proved they seemed lower than every other car on the road. Going past nearside motorway road signs every car in front lit up the signs but my Tig didn't do that. When in the car they only seemed to light up the ground 1.5 car lengths ahead.

T Go
11-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I got my car lowered the other day, and got this done: DIY: How to adjust Bi-xenon headlight range - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328)

Maybe its worth looking into?

Naresh
11-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Link doesn't seem to work?

NZTiguan
12-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Link doesn't seem to work?

Does for me ??

Cheers

davc88
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
hey all i've just received my pair of headlights from germany, came with the AFS module and ballast. already tracked down and ordered the AFS kit.

i've gained quite a lot of info on vortex forum about the electrical maps and how to diy the headlight install it self but cant find much info on the actual AFS install. was wondering if any one has attempted this before and would like to share some experiences?

Naresh
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi what part of the install were you unsure of? I had my bi-xenon headlamps professionally retrofitted and also has the auto-levelling kit installed as well.

ralp2dam
06-11-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi what part of the install were you unsure of? I had my bi-xenon headlamps professionally retrofitted and also has the auto-levelling kit installed as well.

How much did it cost to have them installed and who by?

davc88
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
mostly the wiring. i manage to find some good info on the GTI fitting and coding VWVortex.com - Golf V GTI OEM Xenon Installation Completed. (http://forums.thecarlounge.net/showthread.php?3552517) how close is it to the tiguans? do you need to change the wires on the central electric connectors?

Naresh
07-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't think the wires had to be changed but the main obvious parts of the install required Kufatec harness adaptors to convert the car halogen connectors to bi-xenon type then a new CCM as well because my version was not comparible.

I had mine installed by Vw Genuine Bi-Xenon Lights - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK (http://www.vwcruise.com/Vw-Genuine-Bi-Xenon-Lights.html) here in the UK but I supplied my own lights which included the AFS modules. I just paid for the auto-levelling kit from kufatec and the labour.

morning
27-12-2012, 09:40 AM
It is not easy to fit AFS

Euro Car Upgrades
16-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Genuine VW Tiguan Bi Xenon AFS - Dynamic Headlights LED DRL
VW Part numer :
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/dsc1451b-1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/dsc1451b.jpg/)
Suitable for VW Tiguan 2011+

delivery
Pair of BRAND NEW Headlights
5M0907391 - xenon control module x2
N10566103 - xenon discharge lamp x2
2x N10733102 - 24W bulb
2x AFS contol unit

Naresh
16-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Shouldn't that be 2012+ as these headlamps are from the facelifted Tiguan which was officialy launched last year. There are retrofit versions out there made by 3rd parties but these would not fit a 2011 model Tig.

Euro Car Upgrades
16-05-2013, 05:55 PM
hi mate, some of the 2012 Tigs were still produced in 2011 in Germany hence I put the 2011 in it

ido09s
17-05-2013, 08:17 AM
So is this meant to be a for sale advert?

Euro Car Upgrades
17-05-2013, 08:56 AM
correct
So is this meant to be a for sale advert?

tigger73
17-05-2013, 10:23 AM
correct

How about a price then?

And are these for RHD?

I've seen a lot of lights for sale but most are for LHD which will be illegal if fitted to RHD car.

Also be interesting to find out cost of fitting as I understand retrofitting bi-xenons is not cheap if you do it properly/legally.

Finally are you able to source anything for 2008-2011 models?

Dr freedom
17-05-2013, 11:55 AM
price check aisle 10 thanks

Euro Car Upgrades
17-05-2013, 08:44 PM
hi guys, apologies for my late reply.
The lights are not super easy to fit but they are not too difficult.
We do have installers in most major Aussie cities. Ligghts are brand new Aussie spec.
The cost to fit is 400-800 depending on location in australia.
We have RNS 510 units, cameras and Bluetooths for the previous model 2008-2011

Sanman
17-05-2013, 09:42 PM
We do have installers in most major Aussie cities. Ligghts are brand new Aussie spec.

Check the ADRs - Xenons are not legal fitment unless they have washers and self levellers.

davc88
17-05-2013, 09:59 PM
putting the headlights in are easy with the right harness. installing the AFS system is the hard part. if $400 is inclusive of the whole thing then its pretty cheap. nvm by the looks of it your not selling the AFS system with the leveling arms...

Hillbilly
17-05-2013, 10:03 PM
putting the headlights in are easy with the right harness. installing the AFS system is the hard part. if $400 is inclusive of the whole thing then its pretty cheap. nvm by the looks of it your not selling the AFS system with the leveling arms...

Was another thread about fitting these to something and to do it with the washers and levellers was well into 4 figures and a lot of time

tigger73
17-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Yes so $400-$800 is fitment cost and the lights/globes/AFS unit I'm guessing are around $1,500 (based on Mk6 Golf price off your website) so total installed cost around $1,900-$2,300.

Now all I need is a 2012 Tig :)

davc88
17-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Yes so $400-$800 is fitment cost and the lights/globes/AFS unit I'm guessing are around $1,500 (based on Mk6 Golf price off your website) so total installed cost around $1,900-$2,300.

Now all I need is a 2012 Tig :)

those 2x modules he listed usually comes with the headlights and are attached to the underside. the AFS module with wires and leveling arm is a whole different thing. aLWR Komplettset VW Tiguan-36898_M (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/Volkswagen/Tiguan/Tiguan-5N/aLWR-Komplettset-VW-Tiguan)

Euro Car Upgrades
20-05-2013, 01:24 PM
AFS works off canbus and with the right adapter works fine. The lights are not $400 but $1500 plus delivery plus GST if invoice is required.
That's about 40% of VW price for a complete AFS light.

alexc2005
20-05-2013, 08:11 PM
$1500 + 10% GST ($150) + Delivery ($50-100) = $1700 ish. + installation (or did I misunderstand and it's included?).

VW Quoted me $2100 for factory installed bi xenons.

Can you tell me where the 40% is?

Euro Car Upgrades
20-05-2013, 08:21 PM
mate we are talking about retro fit kit not the car brand new from the factory where economies of scale play a part not to mention the easy of the job. If you want to order a Tig with DRLs then good on you. All you need to do is wait 6-9 months before the factory produces one for you unless there is one in the country and there are not many. If you want to buy the Headlights from your VW parts dept then that's another story and $3500+GST for a complete set of headlights.
Then in the end you are still left with your original headlights which still have value on used parts market.
Hence my correct calculations of 40% of RRP.
There are many systems and parts which work out 300% of the price in the factory and people still do that. For a reason. They cannot send their car back to the factory to have it fitted. Easy as.
On the installation note - there are people who do it themselves. Otherwise its not included or for free, as anything else in this world.
$1500 + 10% GST ($150) + Delivery ($50-100) = $1700 ish. + installation (or did I misunderstand and it's included?).

tigger73
20-05-2013, 08:38 PM

Bi-xenons are one of the few options that you should order with your car if you want them.

Yes you can retrofit them, however they'll probably cost you the same or more as the factory fitted option. I don't think there is any savings to be had - certainly not 40%.

Plus by all accounts if you decide to DIY them it's not a simple job - especially if you do it all legally with auto levelling and washers.

Tiggy155
20-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Bi-xenons are one of the few options that you should order with your car if you want them.

Yes you can retrofit them, however they'll probably cost you the same or more as the factory fitted option. I don't think there is any savings to be had - certainly not 40%.

Plus by all accounts if you decide to DIY them it's not a simple job - especially if you do it all legally with auto levelling and washers.

When I was ordering my tig last year the bi-xenons option was something between 2k-2.5k and as much as I wanted then it was stupid expensive..

tigger73
20-05-2013, 09:32 PM
When I was ordering my tig last year the bi-xenons option was something between 2k-2.5k and as much as I wanted then it was stupid expensive..

Yes expensive either way you look at it.... though I'm partial to a set with LED DRL if I can find something that looks half decent but think I'd only stretch to $600.

davc88
20-05-2013, 10:53 PM
AFS works off canbus and with the right adapter works fine. The lights are not $400 but $1500 plus delivery plus GST if invoice is required.
That's about 40% of VW price for a complete AFS light.

yes i know the lights are not $400. i'm not blind, i read your post about installation costs $400-$800. what does the installation cost involve? just putting in the headlights or making it work with auto leveling? or even the washer system?

nat225
20-05-2013, 11:39 PM
yes i know the lights are not $400. i'm not blind, i read your post about installation costs $400-$800. what does the installation cost involve? just putting in the headlights or making it work with auto leveling? or even the washer system?

first things first, it took me about 3 months in total to research / buy the right parts / organise washer cap painting / etc... for my mk6 gti. gave up for a few weeks and sold off the parts... managed to sell the headlights but could not sell the remaining bcm, afs, washers bits. it was going to be >$1000 waste in unsold parts... then the urge came back and bought another set of headlights.

having done all of those, i am confident having all the knowledge, parts and tools ready in the garage it will still be a minimum 4 hours job to do it in tidy manner and run all the vagcom settings and beam level adjustments.

secondly, the costs:
2 x headlights / bulbs / afs modules $2000
1 x higher spec BCM (so you can have the high beam shutter pins, else no high beam function) $400
1 x leveler sensors and afs wiring $600
1 x headlight washers kit $750 fr kufatec (but i bought the bits and pieces in ebay usa, german, uk, ecs tuning etc.. spent $400)
2 x jet washer bumper caps fr vw parts $60 plus $90 for painting in proper workshop (also tried several attempts diy $30 paint can $30 clear coat can spent, but failed)
etc etc.... i think in total i easily spent >$4000 plus in the learning experience.

vs $2100 factory option when buying new.

with the tiguan, a new bumper with pre cut holes for the washers is required, that would be >$500 plus colour match spray say $300 (mk6 gti bumper is already pre cut but with dummy caps).

the halogen high beam drl combo bulbs in the mk6 gti are rather hopeless. the bixenon high beam is just AWESOME :D

the tiguan pre facelift fortunately uses separate H7 bulbs from the low beam, also H7 bulbs. i use phillips xteme vision and am quite happy with the brightness.

facelifted tiguan seems to use 'weak' drl combo bulbs for its high beam though... imo the bixenon will be a significant improvement.

in conclusion, to do the whole lot is not as simple as a lot of people think!

Euro Car Upgrades
21-05-2013, 06:37 AM
$400-$800 depends on the location in Australia. It gets you the lights that work without a-l or a washer system
As you would have read on this thread by now Xenon upgrade is not one of the easiest one.
I personally cannot live without them, had a surgery on my eyes a few years ago and for me they are the must-have safety feature.
I dont buy cars brand new so any car that ends up in my hands gets them irrespective of the cost involved. It will always be more than a factory is asking and someone on here has a point - get them from new if you can.
Its not easy to do the full install on these but many people decide to go for it whereas others want **** for free because it cost 2k from the factory.
I am installing a set to my missus A1 at the moment. Its 250% of what it would cost from the factory at my cost prices.
Yet it doesnt matter as my safety and my familys is more important. Plus the looks is another aspect.

tigger73
21-05-2013, 08:10 AM
$400-$800 depends on the location in Australia. It gets you the lights that work without a-l or a washer system
As you would have read on this thread by now Xenon upgrade is not one of the easiest one.
I personally cannot live without them, had a surgery on my eyes a few years ago and for me they are the must-have safety feature.
I dont buy cars brand new so any car that ends up in my hands gets them irrespective of the cost involved. It will always be more than a factory is asking and someone on here has a point - get them from new if you can.
Its not easy to do the full install on these but many people decide to go for it whereas others want **** for free because it cost 2k from the factory.
I am installing a set to my missus A1 at the moment. Its 250% of what it would cost from the factory at my cost prices.
Yet it doesnt matter as my safety and my familys is more important. Plus the looks is another aspect.

I know you have a network of independent guys around the country who are going to charge slightly different rates to fit these so it's difficult to nail down an exact price for the installation.

Given that you started this thread, and it's still not clear if you physically are stocking these or just thinking about it, I think most people are just wanting to know:

what the cost of just the lights kit is ($1500?)
approximate installation cost if they get them independently installed ($400-$800)
how much it would cost for the additional parts to make them fully legal bi-xenons i.e. auto-level and washers ($???)
approximate install cost of auto-level/washers/front bumper if they were to go through your network of independents($???)

So I guess what we're looking for is what some people would call a price list.

I think this would clear up most of everyone's questions and people could then make an informed decision if they are lookingto upgrade their "standard" lights.

Euro Car Upgrades
21-05-2013, 08:20 AM
We have a stock of these lights ready to be shipped overnight. We also carry a specific adaptors to make the lights work without expensive modifications at $80.

1. what the cost of just the lights kit is ($1500?)
2. approximate installation cost if they get them independently installed ($400-$800)
3. how much it would cost for the additional parts to make them fully legal bi-xenons i.e. auto-level and washers ($???)
approximate install cost of auto-level/washers/front bumper if they were to go through your network of independents($???)

1. A Pair of complete Headlights cost $1500 vs $3500 from your parts dept at VW
2. We charge $500 in Maroochydore but Perth would be closer to $700-$800. The lights are levelled at the time of install so your vehicle does not blind oncoming traffic in normal conditions.
3. I dont hold a stock of these at the moment so I cant comment. The install would be $300-$500 more expensive as a complete package if you bring the parts required.

Hope that clears the fog. We have 8 sets available as 2 have already sold.

Hillbilly
23-05-2013, 08:45 PM
We have a stock of these lights ready to be shipped overnight. We also carry a specific adaptors to make the lights work without expensive modifications at $80.

. The lights are levelled at the time of install so your vehicle does not blind oncoming traffic in normal conditions.

What happens when you put a load in the back.

Levelers would fix this but not having them wouldnt and the ADR rules say you must have them over a certain brightness of light

Euro Car Upgrades
23-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Levellers are optional in the install so if you do travel with a load in the back you can install these no problem. Or we can

tigger73
23-05-2013, 10:36 PM
How about the Tig pics? Did you manage to get any pics during/after install?

Euro Car Upgrades
24-05-2013, 06:58 AM
We have only done a couple without photos for the local dealership but will put some on soon.

Wynnston
29-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Pair of BRAND NEW Headlights
5M0907391 - xenon control module x2
N10566103 - xenon discharge lamp x2
2x N10733102 - 24W bulb
2x AFS contol unit

So $1500 for that, plus GST. How much for the Auto leveling components and anything else that's missing (aside from the washers) to fit to a 2013 Tiguan?

Is an uprated BCM required for high beam as well?

Euro Car Upgrades
29-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi mate,
The Auto Levelling kit will set you back around $500+GST. Most of the new cars have BCM suitable for the retrofit. Otherwise its $250 (needs to end in 087)
So $1500 for that, plus GST. How much for the Auto leveling components and anything else that's missing (aside from the washers) to fit to a 2013 Tiguan?

Is an uprated BCM required for high beam as well?

Wynnston
29-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Cool, so I am assuming that there is nothing else required for the AFS part to work (goes around corners when you turn the wheel)?

Euro Car Upgrades
30-05-2013, 08:55 AM
There is an AFS sensor kit which mounts at the back of the car but I am yet to find a supplier. Kufatec does them though

Wynnston
02-06-2013, 08:19 PM
There is an AFS sensor kit which mounts at the back of the car but I am yet to find a supplier. Kufatec does them though

I thought AFS worked off the steering wheel angle sensor and the leveling was the part that required the level sensor, or is the level sensor kit required for AFS to work as well?

Euro Car Upgrades
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
hi mate,
Sorry my bad, mixed it up with an older car. You install the A-L on rear wheel arch (left side normally) and AFS works as soon as connected (off the angle sensors) We are just negotiating with a couple of suppliers the price for A-L kit and will keep you guys posted.

Lights work pretty good without it though if they are setup correctly and will not daze on-coming traffic unless you carry a heavy load or a trailer.

Euro Car Upgrades
07-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Auto Level kit is in the regions of $500 guys brand new including adapter cables as well

Wynnston
08-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok great. Got any indication of what the price of the headlights are w/adapter (not the AL kit) shipped to WA? I need to work out how much I need to get together.

I am assuming that it doesn't throw a fault or anything because the AL isn't fitted?

Wynnston
20-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey liquidforce,

Have you had any customers install these with success and get AFS working?

Euro Car Upgrades
21-06-2013, 08:08 PM
hi mate, we had them working on a Golf 6 not a on a Tiguan yet, same thing though as Tig is based on Golf.
Hey liquidforce,

Have you had any customers install these with success and get AFS working?

Euro Car Upgrades
06-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Got the Auto Levelling kits at $400 brand new peeps, posted free with the HL.
These are still at a ridiculous price of $1550+GST or cash comparing to $3500 for a complete Headlights with bulbs and modules and afs kit

Euro Car Upgrades
13-08-2013, 06:40 PM
AUTO LEVELLING AND AFS SWIVELLING HEADLIGHTS INSTALLED AT $350+GST +$350 FOR INSTALL AUSTRALIA WIDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIcwoibcoz4

shoey85
13-08-2013, 07:43 PM
How much for complete install in wa? MY 13 TDI?

Euro Car Upgrades
13-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey mate,
Headlights - $1500
Adapters - $90
Auto Level + AFS - $350
They may charge you about 700-$800 for the install in Perth as it is an expensive place
My prices do not include GST.
All parts are brand new. Email us info@jku.com.au for more info

How much for complete install in wa? MY 13 TDI?

Euro Car Upgrades
09-10-2013, 06:59 AM
VW Headlights Bi-Xenon LED Installation Process Stages

STAGE1
- pair of complete bi-Xenon Headlights
- new BCM high line - $300+GST - needs to end in 087 for a correct operation
- pair of adaptors harness - 90+GST - plugs on the car are different.
- Labour for this stage is 6 hours and the lights work but they don't do auto levelling and they don't do cornering as from the factory.

Stage 2 - AFS and Auto Levelling
- AFS Module with harness- $200+GST
- Auto-Levelling sensor and harness - $200 - this mounts on the rear axle of the car and has to be run to the glovebox, fusebox and to each individual headlight. You have to install wires all over these places in the car
- Labour is 6 hours

Stage 3 - Headlight washers / sprinklers
- Headlights jets and sprinklers - price to be announced as it differes at around $350-$450
- Harness - $100+GST
- Labour - 4 hours - take off the bumper and install the sprinklers

This is assuming the bumper has preparation for washers and does not need to be changed like on Golf 6.
If it does not you can cut out the holes in the bumper or simply buy a new bumper.

The Simple headlights are easy but if you want them to work as from the factory like this and have headlight washers it is is a big job and to make sure everything works properly we need the car for 3-4 days.

This is how the lights are meant to work after the install: VW Golf 6 Bi-Xenon LED DRL AFS and auto-levelling test afte - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIcwoibcoz4)

If all 3 stages are completed in one go it can be done in approximately 12 hours - saving of 4 hours and it will cost you approximately $1200.

If the corresponding wires are connected wrongly it might damage modules and replacement of them is the costly part.

Transporter
04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Good info thanks for posting it. I guess the point is; unless you're sure what you're doing don't attempt this as the DIY project. :)

Link to complete thread. (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f203/new-tiguan-2011-2013-bi-xenon-afs-headlights-complete-drl-led-85780-5.html)

Euro Car Upgrades
04-01-2014, 09:31 AM
After the install:
LED 100% brightness
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/m3qb-1.jpg
Main Beam + LED
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/mp8q-1.jpg
High Beam
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/sjyb-1.jpg
LED 50%+Indicator
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/on5nJPG-1.jpg

Pickles
10-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Stupid question but how does one change the LED's between 50% and 100% or is the done through coding

Euro Car Upgrades
10-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Its not a stupid one.

Coding is the main thing

When you have your indicator on, if the LEDS stay at 100% the indicator is almost non visible. Hence VW decided to either switch off the LEDS like in US&A or dim them to 50%

Stupid question but how does one change the LED's between 50% and 100% or is the done through coding