PDA

View Full Version : Problem with quick replies

greasykitchen
20-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi,

when I click on 'quick reply' in a thread the system takes to me to the same page as if I had clicked 'quote' - the full gamut of reply options and the quote of the previous post.

It's only been doing this for a few weeks and it's not a major drama, but does anyone know how to get around this? I can't seem to find any options on the user control panel.

Ta

phaeton
20-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Perhaps its your computer/mouse ?

Quick reply works fine for me...........

greasykitchen
20-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Perhaps its your computer/mouse ?

Quick reply works fine for me...........

Wouldn't be surprised. My laptop has gotten so slow and I updated to the latest version of IE which has been more bad than good :duh:

Pana
02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. My laptop has gotten so slow and I updated to the latest version of IE which has been more bad than good :duh:

thats the issue - in IE 8 the quick reply button acts like the quote button. This doesnt happen in Firefox.

Whats interesting is that this doesnt happen on other forums running vbulletin in IE8 - only on VWwatercooled.... :?

balkanac
03-07-2009, 07:49 PM
same thing happens to me using IE 8. I have firefox installed just for forums. They dont look as good as when using IE

gerhard
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
IE8 has major changes internally, and requires changes on websites to fully take advantage of the new features. Web developers will be generally pleased with the improvements.

Try running the site in Compatibility Mode, may solve the problem of how quick reply is working.

greasykitchen
04-07-2009, 12:27 PM
IE8 has major changes internally, and requires changes on websites to fully take advantage of the new features. Web developers will be generally pleased with the improvements.

Try running the site in Compatibility Mode, may solve the problem of how quick reply is working.

Hey thanks.

That fixed it with one click!

:drinkbeer:

vagman
04-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I was wondering what was happening there. It seemed to be quoting people when trying to quick post. Glad it's fixed now, much better.