PDA

View Full Version : What models are sold with the RCD510 in Aus?

Arctra
18-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi guys

Do any of you know which models of VW/Audi/etc in Aus are sold with the RCD510 unit (i.e. the one WITHOUT satnav)? When I was looking at the Tiguan I got the impression I could go for the RCD510 for significantly less than the RNS unit that had Satnav, but was told that wasn't an option.

If it's available in Aus then there's a chance I could pick one up from a car wrecker or from someone who is upgrading, but I need to know what models to keep an eye out for in order to do that.

I'd prefer to go for a RCD over an eBay special "non-standard" because of the nice integration with my parking sensors and the steering assist grid with the reverse camera. I already have a portable satnav so don't need it built in. If it's possible to get a non-VW unit that has the reverse grid and sensor integration then please let me know.

Cheers
Arctra

whoistheg
19-06-2009, 04:27 PM
The 2009 EOS comes standard with the RCD510 i believe

Hi guys

Do any of you know which models of VW/Audi/etc in Aus are sold with the RCD510 unit (i.e. the one WITHOUT satnav)? When I was looking at the Tiguan I got the impression I could go for the RCD510 for significantly less than the RNS unit that had Satnav, but was told that wasn't an option.

If it's available in Aus then there's a chance I could pick one up from a car wrecker or from someone who is upgrading, but I need to know what models to keep an eye out for in order to do that.

I'd prefer to go for a RCD over an eBay special "non-standard" because of the nice integration with my parking sensors and the steering assist grid with the reverse camera. I already have a portable satnav so don't need it built in. If it's possible to get a non-VW unit that has the reverse grid and sensor integration then please let me know.

Cheers
Arctra

multi97
24-06-2009, 09:50 AM
vw Passat 125TDI comes standard with the RCD510

silvershadow
24-06-2009, 03:59 PM
The 2009 EOS comes standard with the RCD510 i believe

This is correct - sat nav is an expensive option.

The SD card mp3 input facility on the RCD510 is awesome - just make sure the SD card is formatted with the Windows FAT format - have successfully used fully loaded 8Gb SDHC cards without any problems.

whoistheg
24-06-2009, 09:41 PM
The RCD 510 supports SDHC and can take SD cards upto 32GB

The RNS 510 only supports SD cards. 2GB is the most popular but there is 1
4GD SD (NOT SDHC) card you can get (transcend i think) but be safe and
just get 2 x 2GB

silvershadow
25-06-2009, 12:21 PM
The RCD 510 supports SDHC and can take SD cards upto 32GB

The RNS 510 only supports SD cards. 2GB is the most popular but there is 1
4GD SD (NOT SDHC) card you can get (transcend i think) but be safe and
just get 2 x 2GB

See the following link for more information on SD card formatting:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=22507

I forgot to mention in my initial post that cards greater than 2Gb must be in the FAT32 format and not the basic FAT. I would be surprised if the RNS510 will only accept SD cards - it would be useful if someone who has this system could reformat a SDHC card in FAT32, load some mp3 files and see if it works. The RCD510 manual only specified 2Gb max SD cards and no mention of SDHC so there is a chance the RNS510 manual is similar.