PDA

View Full Version : Speaker replacements

clip
14-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Wanted to replace the aging Hertz that I put in the Tig when I fist got it, and discovered the German Maestro range. I tried finding out some info on them, but not much around.

Anyway, I was talked into them on the weekend and bought a set of their new Concept CS6508 splits (second entry level series) and I'm unbelievably impressed with them. Firstly for their shear musicality and incredible detail, but mainly for their truly amazing staging (the sounds of musical instruments flying around the cabin!). The only thing that I've ever heard that out does them is the Focal 165KRX2's - and that's just for tonal quality and detail, not staging. And these are over half the price. I would love to hear their high end range (didn't ask price on these - but I might!).

Anyway, might be another option for those that love "listening" to music in their car.

benno
14-06-2009, 09:25 PM
How much/where?

clip
14-06-2009, 10:14 PM
$400, SoundinMotion Sunshine Coast.

BTW, love your Ice series! My ultimate is to see and dive Antarctica!

benno
15-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Cheers dude, I'll call em tomorrow as I'll be on the sunny coast this weekend and would love to have a listen.

What Hertz speakers did you have before? I had a pair of HSK 165s in my last car and loved the warm sound and smooth highs, how do the Concepts compare?

I'm actually seriously considering just amping and sound deadening the stock speakers.

Oh hey BTW mate, if you want to dive Antarctica have a look at www.spiritofsydney.net :) We took a bunch of divers down there in '06.

RF 4MOTION
16-06-2009, 04:11 PM
If you need any info on German Maestro,

Mr İharisma
16-06-2009, 07:29 PM
If you need any info on German Maestro,

Yes......

Looks like rain lol.

RF 4MOTION
17-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry, it seems I saved the post incomplete.

I am the National Sales Manager for AZ Trading, the Australian distributor for German Maestro. It is the "new" MB Quart. The MB Quart name was taken over by Maxxsonics USA and the product is now made in Asia. German Maestro is the name of the new company consisting of all the previous staff, the product is still German made.

They work great in VW's. Nothing like German made speakers for a German car.

clip
17-06-2009, 09:55 PM
What Hertz speakers did you have before? I had a pair of HSK 165s in my last car and loved the warm sound and smooth highs, how do the Concepts compare?
No, not the HSK's - probably previous series to those but can't remember the model (had the flat wide centre if that helps).
But I have heard the HSK's and that's what I was going in to buy at the time. When I looked at the Concepts I thought - no way, plastic basket, small magnet, nothing special at all. When I heard them though, there was no question which one's I was going to buy.

I've spent the week listening to lots of different music and still blown away at the quality of these things for the price. For example, Ian Anderson's Orchestral J'Tull sounds out of this world, the detail is breathtaking, makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck as I hear his every breath on the flute, and when the string section comes in you'd swear they were wrapped around in front of the bumper with Ian standing on the dash board working his magic. The steel guitar then starts up and it's sitting beside you as the drum section comes in with tight resonate bass that places you squarely on the stage with them.

Just for reference, I listen at home to Dynaudio Focus 110's with some reasonable equipment hooked up to them, so I'm used to hearing pretty much everything there is to hear in my music.

Anyway, maybe these just really suit the Tig? Really keen to hear their top end stuff now.

benno
21-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Well I'm $400 poorer now.

clip where are your tweets? Stock location in the sail panel in the upper-front part of the doors?

Unfortunately I'm in Hervey Bay for 7 more weeks for work so don't have most of my tools here to install them. And I need some dynamat before I install them.

clip
21-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Well I'm $400 poorer now.

clip where are your tweets? Stock location in the sail panel in the upper-front part of the doors?

Unfortunately I'm in Hervey Bay for 7 more weeks for work so don't have most of my tools here to install them. And I need some dynamat before I install them.

You won't be dissapointed (I hope), best $400 sounding speakers I've ever heard.

I mounted them in the sail panel. Can't beat hot glue guns! But you could put them in the doors if you want. Thing is you need to get them as close to ear level as possible, so the sail quarters are pretty much ideal. You have to pretty much butcher the stocker's plastic mounts to get them out, but once you have, I just used one of the supplied mounting brackets and then hot glued them into place. That way, you can pull them out again if you ever want to.

benno
21-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah I think I'll be hot gluing them into the sail panels.

Just need some dynamat - come on group buy! Not particularly looking forward to doing another bloody install.