PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my Tiguan

Azzamataz
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, I ordered my Tiguan today. Now for a 4 month wait.

125TSI Auto
Black Paint
Beige Leather
Sunroof
18" New York Rims
Sat Nav with RVC
DynAudio Sound
Tow Bar
Bluetooth
Tint
MDI
Comfort Pack
Fog Lights

I'm mondering if I got a good deal??? Let me know what you think I should have paid for this car??

Looking Forward to Chatting to you all!

Azza

Rocket88
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Firstly Congrats! Onya.
You should have paid between $49000 and $49790. (Drive away no more to pay)
Am I close or way off the mark? Would love to know.
If you dont want to post the price please PM me.
I am very interested as I will in the near future be Tigga Hunting.

Sharkie
01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
My Tiguan was offloaded off the ship in Brisbane yesterday ..... :biggrin:

Now a 2-3 week wait to get it complianced and prepped for delivery .... :frown:

clip
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
My Tiguan was offloaded off the ship in Brisbane yesterday ..... :biggrin:

Now a 2-3 week wait to get it complianced and prepped for delivery .... :frown:
ya hoo, it'll be here before you know it! I was notified on a Friday afternoon that it had been offloaded at Bris. Got a phone call the following Thursday to say come and pick it up.

Looking forward to seeing your build too mate!

Pullstarter
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Mine was about 2 weeks from offload to delivery Johan. Pics on delivery plz :)

DJY
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Congrats!!!

And I second the vote for pics on delivery please!

WannaTig
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd guess more $51-52k as a driveaway price, you've got a load of yummy options there :biggrin: Did you do your own negotiating, are you a gun?

And yes, pics please sharkie. Yours is an MY09 right?

Bayman
02-07-2009, 12:56 AM
This is nearly one with the lot. I would anticipate 55K plus as the tow bars are $1600 nearly. Why didn't you get the Park Assist. Just getting the sensors is worth the cost so the actual park assist feature is basically a few hundred dollars, cheap as chips. I rate the 18in wheels a winner as the 16in just look too small, but I don't want to offend anyone but IMO VW should have made the 17in standard and made 18 & 19 in wheels options. Who knows they may do this as part of a model sequence scheme.
Congrats on taking the plunge.

NZTiguan
02-07-2009, 07:03 AM
I rate the 18in wheels a winner as the 16in just look too small, but I don't want to offend anyone but IMO VW should have made the 17in standard and made 18 & 19 in wheels options.

That's what IS standard in NZ

Cheers

Bayman
02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
That's what IS standard in NZ

Cheers

You lot in New Zealand are so lucky VW NZ have intelligence to market the VW brand probably better than VW Aust possibly do. We get fleeced for the options which make them all more profit. I guess to some degree it is what the vehicle competition is here in Aust that dictates what we get and the price we pay. Then again the US don't get Diesel Tiguan I gather. Our Aust food items are cheaper in NZ than Aust, work that out?

Azzamataz
08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
HEY ALL

Sorry for the slow reply, been in the US for my honeymoon for the last 3 weeks. (A good way to waste not having the TIG Too)

I paid 52500 drive away. I thought this was a good deal as no one else wanted to go near this price, a lot of the dealers thought i was lying. I didnt really put the dealers against each other, im in retail so i told them to give me their best price, and if you are close I will give you a chance. It came down to 52000 at one dealer, and the closest two other Melb dealers could get was 52800. Then I asked him how much tint was and he said 500. I know this is dearer than you can get fitted aftermarket but i like the fact that i get the car exactly how i want it, and not have to leave it at other workshops. Also if there is a problem with the tint, you can get it dealt with at a VW dealer during service.

Azzamataz
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
oh and bayman, I didnt get the park assist because i have never really needed sensors. I had a rear view camera on my current forester and it was more than ample to park. Its not a big car so the sensors didnt worry me. Also this is a buisness car for me, so i really tried to get the options i wanted, not ones i wouldnt use. I love the idea of park assist as its a great novelty, but i dont know if i would use it a lot as i always seem to find tiny parking spaces haha.

varsur
08-07-2009, 03:02 PM
HEY ALL

Sorry for the slow reply, been in the US for my honeymoon for the last 3 weeks. (A good way to waste not having the TIG Too)

I paid 52500 drive away. I thought this was a good deal as no one else wanted to go near this price, a lot of the dealers thought i was lying. I didnt really put the dealers against each other, im in retail so i told them to give me their best price, and if you are close I will give you a chance. It came down to 52000 at one dealer, and the closest two other Melb dealers could get was 52800. Then I asked him how much tint was and he said 500. I know this is dearer than you can get fitted aftermarket but i like the fact that i get the car exactly how i want it, and not have to leave it at other workshops. Also if there is a problem with the tint, you can get it dealt with at a VW dealer during service.

After I ordered mine I called the guy who was looking after my order and asked him if he can match the price for tinting which I got from outside which is $280 and he agreed to this so I got my tinting done by dealer for $280. May be you can try the same.