PDA

View Full Version : 18" Huffs from UK and US GTis

twotribez
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Anyone know why we don't have the option here to buy the 18" Huffs on the US and UK GTis? I am hoping to buy a set from the US. Wondering if anyone have purchased copies before? I think these wheels suit the Golf the best.

Ozram
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm getting a set of 17" replica Denvers which are the smaller brother to the Huffs. Looking at Tempe Tyres / Wheelworx here in Oz for them. Unless I can find a set of genuines to refurbish at the right price, that is.

I agree with you they do look really good on the Golf.

twotribez
13-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm getting a set of 17" replica Denvers which are the smaller brother to the Huffs. Looking at Tempe Tyres / Wheelworx here in Oz for them. Unless I can find a set of genuines to refurbish at the right price, that is.

I agree with you they do look really good on the Golf.

Yeah I was thinking replicas as well but trying to source the 18" huffs from users in the United states who want to sell.

Do you think these wheels will have issues with Australia's ADR?? Which could cause problem with insurance, thats why they are not imported into the country as an option?

Treza360
13-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I think it's more likely due to be because the GTI hasn't been launched here yet. I'd wait until the GTI is launched and then they might be an option. You'll also find that second hand ones will start to appear on the market here as well.
Cheers,
Trent

twotribez
14-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I think it's more likely due to be because the GTI hasn't been launched here yet. I'd wait until the GTI is launched and then they might be an option. You'll also find that second hand ones will start to appear on the market here as well.
Cheers,
Trent

Hi Trent, thx for the reply but they didn't release it for the mkv gti that's why was thinking there must have been a reason

Lima
15-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Anyone know why we don't have the option here to buy the 18" Huffs on the US and UK GTis? I am hoping to buy a set from the US. Wondering if anyone have purchased copies before? I think these wheels suit the Golf the best.

I'm not sure why they were never offered as an option for new builds, but they have been available through spare parts for a few years now.

I'm guessing the $4500 asking price has scared a few people off, hence you don't see them that often.

Having said that, there are aftermarket replicas available and so long as you're happy with the quality you should be fine.

This is not to say that replicas are rubbish, I ran some MINI replica wheels on my MINI for 5 years and they were no problem at all. But they were Italian made and had TUV certification. Some of the Chinese made wheels from Tempe et al may not be quite the same standard, so it's a case of buyer beware. Do your research and all that.

:)