PDA

View Full Version : Harness Adapter? JVC into MK4

anth
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,

i did a quick search but didnt find what i was looking for. i've heard that you can buy harness adapters to make installing a head unit 'plug & play'. has anyone had any experience with these? (or even know what im talking about?)

ive installed decks into my own cars every time (5 times now), and it doesnt get any more enjoyable with time haha. im looking to install a jvc mp3/usb/dvd head unit + a jvc 7" retractable screen (1 DIN each). Its not a new set-up, i had it in my S15 and its been sitting in the garage for about a year, but i want to put it into the golf now.

anyone got any info or experience with what im talking about?

Manaz
11-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I know what you're talking about - it basically has a connector at one end for the VW cables, and connectors at the other end for the head unit - saves you from having to cut/solder to install the stereo.

Your best bet would be to hit up some decent audio installers to see what they're aware of. FHRX Studios (http://www.fhrxstudios.com/) in Sydney are someone I'd trust (you haven't put your location into your profile, so it's hard to tell where you're based and recommend someone appropriate).

anth
11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
oops sorry ill fix that now, im in melbourne

fuzion
11-06-2009, 07:07 PM
you can also get them from jb hifi, strathfield car audio, and jaycar and other car audio places a like.

anth
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
oooh really? didnt think it would be that easy! how come we dont hear about them more often? (or maybe its just me)

fuzion
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
They need to make money of people somehow.

I cant remember the life of me what the plug is called though! they will know what your on about anyhow

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1835863

check that thread, you will need to cut your kline cable so your vagcom still works with the aftermarket deck as well.

anth
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Just bumping this up because I think it's about time I put my headunit into my Golf since it's been sitting in the garage for about 2yrs now (took it out of a car before I sold it)

Does anyone have any more info about the kline cable issue (as mentioned in the above post) and what I need to do to?

Also is there a wiring diagram for the standard headunit loom anywhere? I have checked the MKIV FAQ DIY thread on the 'tex (also mentioned in the above post) and couldn't find what I need. Either I'm blind or it's not there.

I'm not going to bother with the loom adapter and just hardwire it in.