PDA

View Full Version : Change of engine number

tommymac
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know of / or have a contact that is "good" :wasntme: ( nothing is dodgey technically its legal a straight 1.8 out of a mk4 to a mk2 still all original VW :), my old motor died.

just some mechanics are not doing it because they say you dont need to! how can that be true when the engine number and vin / rego number wont match! :brutal:

Peter Jones
10-06-2009, 06:57 PM
In Vic if it's a like for like swap you just need to notify VicRoads.

They might need to inspect it to sight the number and check the motor's not stolen but that's about it.

If it's a radical swap like aVR6 into a MK1 obviously you'd need an engineer to sign off on it.

Just give your local roads people an anonymous phonecall or hit their website and find out what the process is.

Pete

Golf Loon
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
You have to goto a blue slip garage and they need to do a change of records form.

I did one today for the VR6 Mk3 and it cost $22 at the garage and was free at the RTA.

You need a reciept for the engine and the blue slip form, then goto the RTA. if the capacity is the same, you should be ok.

tommymac
10-06-2009, 11:34 PM
You have to goto a blue slip garage and they need to do a change of records form.

I did one today for the VR6 Mk3 and it cost $22 at the garage and was free at the RTA.

You need a reciept for the engine and the blue slip form, then goto the RTA. if the capacity is the same, you should be ok.

haha minus the leaf blower ;) - i will see what tomorrow holds in store