PDA

View Full Version : mk 1 16V 4 door

Jarred
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
its that one that was posted a while [a month?] back.

now it seems to be roadworthy!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-GOLF-MK1-WITH-16-VALVE-TWIN-CAM-ENGINE-AND-5-SPEED_W0QQitemZ190313471308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_C ars?hash=item2c4f911d4c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C 301%3A0%7C293%3A8%7C294%3A50

dub1
10-06-2009, 04:28 PM
i kinda liked this car when i first saw it and was fairly keen on it but no body else seemed to like it here and kind of hinted towards there being some not so good background history behind it....????

tom.

funkamedic
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
i kinda likeed this car when i first saw it and was fairly keen on it but no body else seemed to like it here and kind of hinted towards there being some not so good background history behind it....????

tom.

tom, just get someone to inspect it for you if you are seriously keen. i.e some fellow VWW'ers should be able to recommend someone trust worthy or perhaps can check it out for you, just ask...

that's if you can't inspect it yourself. do it bro, it could be a steal!

Peter Jones
10-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Looks OK to me:)

Just on the parts alone it's a pretty good deal for someone that wants to just jump in and drive it.

RWC too - That's worth a lot in my opinion. No hassle, no extra work and no doubts about the conversion.

I've just got enough Mk1s at the moment:biggrin:

Pete

Jarred
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
yea with roadie i too think its defiantly worth a look for someone

Golf Loon
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
yea with roadie i too think its defiantly worth a look for someone

Thats true, would still need to be inspected if it goes interstate tho.

Like Peter said, still worth it for the parts as a complete package.

dub1
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
yeah i'm not sure if the RWC actually means anything if it comes into NSW...either way i am fairly sure it will just need a blue slip then it can go for rego if i'm not mistaken...does anyone know if it will need an engineers certificate for the conversion if i want to rego it here in NSW? will the RWC help with that?

anyone close want to go have a look at it out of interest anyway? :)

tom.

Preen59
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah i'm not sure if the RWC actually means anything if it comes into NSW...either way i am fairly sure it will just need a blue slip then it can go for rego if i'm not mistaken...does anyone know if it will need an engineers certificate for the conversion if i want to rego it here in NSW? will the RWC help with that?

anyone close want to go have a look at it out of interest anyway? :)

tom.

If you can find someone that will blueslip it no questions asked then you'll be sweet. :)

16v_kid
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I know the guy.

The motor is not in the car atm, but it comes with it.

not to bad car.

dub1
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
If you can find someone that will blueslip it no questions asked then you'll be sweet. :)

i'd like to keep on the rite side of the law for once :biggrin::biggrin:

I know the guy.

The motor is not in the car atm, but it comes with it.

not to bad car.

you sure its the same guy...in the ad he says that the car has just been for a service and got a RWC...you sure the engines' not in it?

16v_kid
10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
i'd like to keep on the right side of the law for once :biggrin::biggrin:

you sure its the same guy...in the ad he says that the car has just been for a service and got a RWC...you sure the engines' not in it?

Last time i heard it didnt have the engine.

pm him.

Jarred
10-06-2009, 09:54 PM
when was the last time you heard Gordan?

assumably, if he's selling it, it should be as it is in the description, and perhaps ready for a test drive. Seems odd someone would list thier car and neglect to mention, or in actual fact, not have an engine in it.

dub1
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah gordan's not 100% sure if the engine is in it or not because it's not him who personally knows the seller...does anyone live local to the car and is up for an inspection?

tom.

Jarred
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
i would for ya tom, but i don't have the time till after the 20th, which is after the auction ends unfortunately.

velly_16v_cab
11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
i can go any evening and look at it if you like...PM me for more

16v_kid
11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
his in airport west...

Spyda
11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Thats in my area, if it was on the road i would know about it. Never seen it, never heard of it. If someone else saw it i would have been told.

Are you sure its the right guy Gordo?

dub1
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
ok thanks velly. i will give him a call tomorrow and get some more details about location and the car itself...

tom.

16v_kid
12-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Thats in my area, if it was on the road i would know about it. Never seen it, never heard of it. If someone else saw it i would have been told.

Are you sure its the right guy Gordo?

yeah brooo...airport west...but he never drives it.

dub1
13-06-2009, 10:36 AM
do you think there is any reason behind why he never drives it?

also, velly, are you willing to test drive it around the block it he allows you to even though its not registered?

tom.

dub1
16-06-2009, 07:18 PM
ok I'm waiting for a reply back from the RTA about registering the car in NSW after it has had an engine conversion in Victoria.

in case any of you can help - i asked if the car, even though it has a road worthy certificate in VIC, will still need and engineers certificate, then blue slip before i can register it in NSW. i am hoping that all i need is a blue slip then i can register it...

does anyone know before i get a reply from RTA?

tom.

Jarred
16-06-2009, 07:26 PM
shouldn't need an engineers, as the swap is under 300cc larger than the orig eng displacement.

that's the vic laws anyways, and it's written on the vicroads website, maybe the RTA as something similar

dub1
16-06-2009, 07:51 PM
i hope so, I'm not even going to try and look it up on the RTA website maze :) because i think it it one of those grey areas in the system...but i will find out soon when they reply

Golf Loon
16-06-2009, 08:01 PM
RTA dont recognize engineers certificates from other states. Good luck.

dub1
17-06-2009, 04:24 PM
mmmmm...what about if it has been registered in VIC with this engine in it...?

abreut
17-06-2009, 05:16 PM
You can go up 15% in engine size in NSW without requiring an engineers certificate. For a 1600 golf you can definitely go to an 1800 without an engineers, I thought you could even go up to 1900 but that doesn't seem to add up. Anyway with an 1800 all you need to do is get a "brown" slip which is basically go to an authorised inspection centre (I went to a BP garage) and the guy just verifies the engine number in your car and checks your chassis number. Then take that to the RTA. After that you just get your normal pink slip each year.

Heres an RTA link: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_20 07.pdf

dub1
18-06-2009, 09:42 PM
ah k
are you sure its a brown slip? not mistaking it with a blue slip?...does a brown slip even exist. well the chassis number probably won't match up with the engine number after the conversion so what happens with that?

i got a reply from the RTA today and their answer was completely irrelevant...

jayjay
19-06-2009, 02:07 AM
ah k
are you sure its a brown slip? not mistaking it with a blue slip?...does a brown slip even exist. well the chassis number probably won't match up with the engine number after the conversion so what happens with that?

i got a reply from the RTA today and their answer was completely irrelevant...

irrelevance is the name of the game at the RTA... :duh:

any interstate vehicle regardless of engineer's certificate or previous registration etc needs a blue slip in NSW.

With a blue slip check, they'll check the VIN against some sort of database, engine number, and go over pretty much everything.

previous rego papers will help no end

dub1
19-06-2009, 08:03 AM
yes i have discovered that but i'm just wanting to know if i need and engineers slip on top of that. don't answer that actually, what Grunmk1 said is right, i won't need one in this case.

ok now to talk to velly about inspecting it!