PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the VW Jetta TDI club

fergVdub
29-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Well I ordered it in July and picked it up today 28/12/06 (Shadow Blue Jetta Tdi manual) and so far all is good and it seems worth the long long wait.

My wife and friends are very impressed with the colour ( first question people ask what colour?) and I must admit it is better than I thought as it varies with the ambient light quite nicely.

The VW iPod adaptor seems a bit average for the price ($450) as it is only able to play 5 playlists and cannot read artist/album information but it is at least a factory install so if it stuffs up it is under warranty, but at the end of the day I bought a car not a sound system and as such look forward to happy days with my new V Dub.

Hope to be posting only good news

ferg

brackie
29-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Great choice of car and you won't regret it. Be kind to the engine when it's cold.

vectorskink
29-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Well done! We are going to test drive a Jetta today.....

Dr Spine
29-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Let us know what you think.

fergVdub
29-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I also looked at the Mazda (6 sports) but diesel was not an option back in July when I was making the decision.
I also tested a Honda Euro and Subaru on the same day as I tested the Jetta to get a real sense of each car.
The Jetta was the obvious winner but the more I drive it (gently as it is just breaking in) the more I am conviced I made the right choice.
The boot by the way is huge!

LS1 Cobra
30-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Congratulations!

We're real happy with our TDI DSG Jetta. Ordered it in April and it turned up at the end of August. The more we drive it the more we like it.

Cheers

Michael