PDA

View Full Version : Dynaudio

Azzamataz
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey All

I have just recently found this forum and am currently shopping for a Tiguan 125 tsi with these options. I really cant see a lot of benefit in the 147 as the power difference is minimal. I have come from a 300rwkw xr6turbo ute, to my current xt forester and am looking at these options

Leather
Sunroof
Sat Nav with RWC
Tow Bar
Carpet Mats
Bluetooth
Comfort Pack
Fogs

I am contemplating the Dynaudio system. I have had good systems in the past, Focal Speakers, Alpine and JL Amps, Soundstream Subs. Can someone give me some insight to what the Dynaudio is

1) What do you actually get in terms of speakers
2) Is the Head unit putting out RCA line outs into a 300w amp then to the speakers
3) How is the bass response? I cant imagine to expect much without a sub
4) Is it a good sounding system?

In a test drive i thought the factory system wasnt horrible like most cars. Anyone got the Dynaudios in their car and what are your experiences?

Thanks in Advance
Az

clip
05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't have it, but have mucked around with a couple that do. You'll need a sub. Focal do quite an excellent 10" underseat job - forget any of the other underseaters - that you could go for if space is a premium (not that you can get it under the seat of the Tig, but you can fit it up in the rear taking up minimal space.)

Other than that, the Dynaudio is very nice sounding gear (to me anyway), but there are so many other options out there that you might well do better. Go and have a listen for yourself maybe, then decide.

qsilverza
06-06-2009, 07:58 AM
if you want more info try www.caraudioaustralia.com

Dyn is supposed to be one of the best in the business along with morel and a couple of others. All depends on the setup and drivers (Speakers not you !) of course.

DJY
06-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I really cant see a lot of benefit in the 147 as the power difference is minimal.

In addition to the power difference - there are some nice aspects about the 147 you can't get or easily add to the 125. The chrome window trim, chrome roof racks, great looking 17" rims, tinted windows, ambient lighting RCD510 with 6 CD stacker, under front seat drawer... the list goes on.

There is a thread in here detailing the options more clearly...
but even the chrome window / roof rails + window tinting and RIMS I think visually makes a HUGE difference (although I am biased - I have a 147)!

Azzamataz
06-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Ahh ok i forgot to add that i will be adding the 18's