PDA

View Full Version : Too touchy perhaps ???

johnvw
03-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Just doing some research in preparation for hopefully an Audi A4B8 purchase. I have been quoted $750 for 12 month/ 15klm service.
I plan to do all the oil changes, more regularly than suggested and other small maintenance work.
With a recent purchase of VCDS, I assume that at service time if no faults are indicated, an oil and filter change is only required ( 2.0L turbo petrol).
During the life of the car other major work will be required and addressed by a dealer or qualified repair shop.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am concerned about paying for checking the fluid levels, greasing the hinges and checking the brake wear, where most appears to be visual only.

If the VCDS indicates all is o/k, can I really assume all is o/k.
I invite all the techs for their comments, ( Jmac have I unintentionally stepped on a few mechanics toes here).
Thanks in advance
Regards Always
John

mitch_gti
25-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi there,

My name is Mitchell, I work for Audi Gallery Newcastle.
I think the price you have been quoted for service is probably a little bit on the steep side.
I am actually surprised the difference in service costs between dealers.
I had to book a service for one of my Melb customers and the dealer wanted 800 and our own service manager quoted around 450ish. Plus we always also give complimentary loan cars. Not every dealer is the same.

The service certainly entails more than greasing hinges and plugging a computer in...
I would suggest to at least get every second service done at an Audi dealership.

Also, let me know if you would like a comparison price on A4 B8 :)