PDA

View Full Version : Hey All!

Berulai
27-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey all,
Just wanted to send a quick hello and introduce myself. :)
I've been reading these forums for ages and have found some absolutely awesome and sound advice in them. When i say ages i've been reading ever since i ordered the car....that was in mid october...it should arrive in mid jan they tell me....i'm so incredibly excited...
Well i guess you want to know about my car...
It's a flash red Polo TDi with 17" Siata rims...also will feature a 12" Clarion Sub-woofer in box paired with a 200W Clarion Amp...(already bought for an absolute bargain $269, just waiting for the car, boxing day sales...what would i do without them):cool:
Will post pics as soon as i actually get the car and have the sub installed.
Just a quick question...does anyone know what model CD tuner is stock...i know it's a Blaupunkt 2-Din unit but little more....does it have and RCA outlet or will i need a splitter?
Well...i've noticed that my introduction is a lot longer than everyone elses so i'll leave it at that...i look forward to talking to you guys (and gals GTIGRL)more...
Thanx,
P.S sorry...one more question...anyone know who imports JE-Design kits to Aus...???
P.P.S another one....anyone got any idea how much the oettinger flash is for the TDi from volkspower in burwood?
THANX!!!j:

GoLfMan
27-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Welcome mate, I too have a flash red Polo TDi but unfortunately not with the 17's (still working on Dad for that one j: )
I dont need to tell you how much of a fantastic car it is... Youll love it more and more the longer you own it.
As far as the CD goes i havent studied it that closely i've been more interested in the engine i guess and driving the rings off it to the suprise of BMW's and Commodore's.
As for the Oettinger flash i think it would be around $2k give or take a coupla hundred... But not really sure.
There isnt that many Polo TDi's lurking round out our way so if u see one say hi cos it's bound to be me (with the L plates up) or my dad :)

ryan_GTI
27-12-2006, 10:59 PM
hey welcome to watercooled berulai.. ur gunna enjoy urself here..

put some pics of ur car yO! :)

SidGTi
27-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Welcome! More TDI's are popping up! (Although i still think the GTI's still outnumber the TDI's..hehe) Good to hear but!

Enjoy your stay here mate. Everyone here is very helpful. =)

brackie
28-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Missed your first post mate, so a belated welcome! You won't be disappointed with the TDI. A wise choice and very economical. I can't understand why VW didn't slot the 2.0 16v TDI into a "sports" model and call it a GTD. Now that would be quite a performer ;)
If you intend to keep the car run it in carefully. It's a difficult thing to do as all the diesel wants to do is goooooooooo :D

gtigrl
28-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Welcome welcome :) what a nice xmas pressie....
Have we done a gti versus tdi count yet..?? I know we have done colour and general - how many polos on the wall...

SidGTi
28-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I dont think we have done that comparision actually? Could be wrong though! :D

And I'm curious to find out more about JE Designs Berulai....do they make bodykits for our little pocket rocket?

Berulai
29-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah Sid, JE-Design make the absolute best bodykit for the polo i have seen yet and they say that they import to australia but i am yet to find who brings them in for us...

http://www.je-design.de/en/20_Showroom/10_Volkswagen/45_Polo9NFL.php

Also i haven't seen anyone show this kit yet but there is also one done by Caractere (another german company)

http://www.caractere-automobile.com/VOLKSWAGEN/CA_311/index.htm

Hope you guys (and gals) like em as much as i do. It's next on my list!

GoLfMan
29-12-2006, 10:53 AM
dont mind em but i think the exhausts should go straight up the middle :D if u go the diesel go a full 3" system straight off the turbo!!!!
that body kit looks pretty good :)

SidGTi
29-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Woohooo! Finally someone that makes bodykits for the GTI.

Thanks for the links! :D