PDA

View Full Version : WTB Scirrocco 16v rear brake proportioning valve

Volksee77
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Guys anyone here have a wrecked rocco or know where i can buy a rear brake proportioning valve from? also looking for a set of rocco rear handbrake cables
luke

velly_16v_cab
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Guys anyone here have a wrecked rocco or know where i can buy a rear brake proportioning valve from? also looking for a set of rocco rear handbrake cables
luke

i think rear hand brake cables are like rocking horse poo.
i had loads of trouble finding mine back in the uk.

if you have a part number best order from VW (which i did but they got it wrong 5 times!!!) I picked my up at a car boot sale lol

WABIT
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
doing a mk1 rear disc conversion aye?, vw should be ablee to source you some, got mine from them when i did my rear disc conversion, although i forget the part number for the prop valves, sorry

dom

roccodingo
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
rear disc brake cables :-

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Part number 73132. 11.25 GPB each. have them mail you out some. Can sell you my spares if your desperate.

Now the pressure limiting valves ( they are not proportional valves and never have been ) good luck in finding, I looked at buying the last 4 in stock in the US VW network, $100 each + shipping !!!

Since then I have sourced a few sets for my own use, but beware as MOST people will sell you a set of drum brake valves. The items you need have the numbers "3 / 15" stamped on or near the spanner flats, the DRUM brake version has "3/35" stamped at the same location. The drum brake valves cut out at a higher pressure. PM for the part number if you want to try .

If you using these for your rally car you would be better of using a tilton adjustable set up in tandem if you intend to keep the diagonal brake split, or just one valve if your setting up for front rear seperate circuits.

WABIT
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
my ones have stamped 3/25 said they were from a scirocco 16v
any info on these ones rocco?

dom

roccodingo
06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Have a good look at the "2" and see if it looks like a "3", otherwise they could be from an entirely different car altogether, ATE make these things for a load of different manufacturers with different cut of pressures.

Girlfriend UK nissan Alamera ( pulsar here) has them on it as well !! dunno what pressure setting was tho cause the rust was something elsemaking it impossible to read any inscriptions