PDA

View Full Version : How have I never found this forum before

Greggles4
01-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, but I have had a number of Seat Cordoba's.

Currently I have had 3 and my wife has had 1.
I only just bought the fourth and a tinkering project two weeks ago as they are so much fun to drive.

The first Cordoba was from new and it was my first new car and had to wait for it to come into the country. It lasted 5 years, was great till a jerk in a Commodore ran up the back of it without slowing down. The police and tow truck guys were so surprised who it held together, but the whole chassis was bent.
I bought my second one 1995 GLX about 6 months later and it lasted over 10 years before I traded it in as it was having a few little issues which I couldn't afford to fix, but nothing major. It got to 270K. Fantastic little car.
My wifes cordoba was a Silver 1995 GLX and it was the lemon of the lot. I t had great character, but that was from trying to put it together, stop it leaking and all other things. One mechanic told us it was a coffe make because it below it's whole transmission after an NRMA inspection.
So after a 4 year break but always keeping an eye open I have just bought another cordoba as tinkering toy project.
It is a 1996 GLX in white in pretty good condition, which I hope to improve on in future.
My wife and I are flying down to melbourne on the weekend to drive back leisurely to Syndey on the long weekend. So should be a nice roadtrip and little the cordoba open up. It had been sitting in the dealer for a while and sales guy had no idea what he was trying to sell.

Anyway I will update with some photo's when I get the chance over the next week or so.

Golf Loon I think I may need to come and drop in as I could do with someone that knows the car. Over the years I have had some stuff ups with dealers messing around with the Cordoba's and not having any idea what they are doing.

DubSteve
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome along mate good to see you have a nice SEAT collection will make Loon envious :)

Golf Loon
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Good to see another SEAT enthusiast on here. I love em and have had loads of em. People bring em to us from everywhere and we have a warehouse full of parts and always a few good ones to look at.
Look forward to seeing your new one.

Greggles4
02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Golf Loon,

I will bring it down some time once we drive it back on the weekend, hopefully it doesn't throw any curve balls on the way.

Taking our time, only driving to Albury on Saturday, then to Canberra on Sunday and onto Sydney on Monday.

I am already making a list of small things that I want to replace or find that don't work or are missing. Minor things really.

Once I have had a better play, I will send a list and see if I can work on shortening the list.

exileded
02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I must admit im in the same boat Greggles4, I had a 95 Ibiza for a few years which I loved, then after a couple of years of not having a car (I got my timing all wrong and had my own mini financial crisis a few years before everyone else:duh:) I discovered this forum while seeking info on the Ibiza Gti's. It seems like a great resource, now all thats missing is the car....

There is one in Western Sydney with low Km's which is really tempting but I expext it will have sold by the time my bonus comes through (10 days and counting!)

william
03-06-2009, 10:58 AM
mate there is a white ibiza gti on ebay for cheap also welcome to the both of your the seat camp is growing

exileded
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Thats the one I'm looking at, I'll call the guy tomorrow and him know im interested if the car is still available in a week

Cupra
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
great to see some new/old seats lovers on here, welcome guys.

Post pics & enjoy.

Phil

exileded
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, I couldn't find a GTI in my price range so I picked up a 1997 Cordoba instead. Great little car to drive but the heater isn't working and it feels like it might need the clutch done sometime soon... Still alot of car for the money and I'm sure i'll have a great time driving it :)

Cupra
13-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, I couldn't find a GTI in my price range so I picked up a 1997 Cordoba instead. Great little car to drive but the heater isn't working and it feels like it might need the clutch done sometime soon... Still alot of car for the money and I'm sure i'll have a great time driving it :)

Well done on the Cordy. Post pics!!!!!

Phil

Greggles4
23-07-2009, 09:18 PM
finally been able to get a couple of photo's of the latest Cordoba.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/07/P6140013-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/07/P6140011-1.jpg

Cupra
24-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Thats a nice clean looking cordy you've found there.

well done

Phil