PDA

View Full Version : Waterless car wash

Pullstarter
01-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Anyone tried this spray on waterless car wash stuff? Is it any good? Does it scratch? I realise you can't use it on heavily soiled cars but is it ok for just getting rid of rain residue etc?

Cheers
Simon

MACCAA
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Use it all the time[on a black Audi S3].No ill-effects.
Just spray it on and use a single wipe with a terry towelling cloth.Don't rub it in.
Buff off with microfibre cloth for best results.
Works on paint,plastic,even glass.
Obviously best on lightly soiled surfaces,but a bit of dirt doesn't hurt.
Been using it for several years.[Meguiars]
Cheers
Len

Mrk_Mickey
01-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Good to hear it's been used without regret! I still prefer the thought of washing with water and foam but I might end up trying it one day. :)

Pullstarter
01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah I had my doubts too Mickey, thanks for the info Macca. Would like to hear from some of our resident detailers maybe?

stormshark
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Ive been using on a new car for one mth- seems like good stuff waxes too -but i generally wash excess dirt off first anyway, just to be sure.

The_Hawk
01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
got a mate who used to use it all the time... then when he needed to respray one panel after a minor accident the paint wouldn't stick because of all the silicone.... :P

They just had to rub it back more to get the silicone off...

Other than that the car looked fab and it worked pretty well.

WEDEL.1
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I've been using Meguiars Quick Detailer/Final Inspection for many many years, on all my VWs.

Maris

Pullstarter
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys I might give it a try next wash, can't be any worse than those coin operated places with their scouring brushes.

carcareproducts
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
A lot of quick detailers are only designed to remove light dust and water marks. They do not have the lubricating and emulsifying properties of a dedicated waterless wash to safely clean dirty cars.

If you want a quality quick detailer that will really add gloss whilst removing water marks and products smears, try the Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine (FCS):
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/fast_clean_and_shine
It is also available in Bulk which works out extremely cheap:
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/fast_clean_and_shine-0

If you need to waterless wash a dirty car, there are a couple of choices. Optimum No-Rinse is a brilliant waterless wash:
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/optimum/no_rinse_wash_and_shine
Or Mint Detail is an easy to use spray waterless wash, if the car is dirty use at least two cloths; one to wipe over the surface and pick up the contaminants then a fresh cloth to buff to a nice shine:
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/detail
It is important to use quality microfiber cloths that will not scratch and should last many uses.

Cheers Greg

Pullstarter
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info Greg much appreciated. I'm currently using the Meguiars micro fibre cloths would they be sufficient?

DMS_Dan
02-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I often use the Mint waterless and Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine. Pullstarter, the mint microfiber is of a much better quality than the meguiars IMO

Pullstarter
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks Dan I may have to grab a couple :)

carcareproducts
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
You will notice the difference with using quality microfiber cloths. They will last you quite a wile if you look after them.

One thing we tell customers is to get into the habit of downgrading cloths. If you have used the others for a while, downgrade them from paint work duties and use them with the lesser detailing jobs such as trim and wheels.

Pullstarter
02-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Just ordered some Mint Waterless Wash and 2 x Mint premium micro fibre cloths. Does the Mint Waterless Wash have any wax in it Greg?

DMS_Dan
02-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Just ordered some Mint Waterless Wash and 2 x Mint premium micro fibre cloths. Does the Mint Waterless Wash have any wax in it Greg?
Its got some synthetic sealant in it so assists in topping your protection up which is always good

Pullstarter
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Dan.

DMS_Dan
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks Dan.
Always happy to help!

Treza360
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Just to add to this, it's probably worth investing in a microfibre dust mit to go over your car with first before using the waterless wash.
Similar I guess to rinsing your car before doing a normal wash. Get's rid of all the loose surface dust and dirt first.
Cheers,
Trent

Pullstarter
28-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Just used the Mint Waterless Wash and gotta say I'm impressed! Highly recommend this stuff it's great! I gave the car a high pressure hose off last night to get rid of the dirt/dust then used the Mint this morning. Excellent result :) Thanks to those who recommended it :biggrin: Can anyone recommend a good glass cleaner?

Mrk_Mickey
28-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah mate, I think the mint glass cleaner available on the CCP (www.carcareproducts.com.au) website works well.

Pullstarter
28-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks Mickey.