PDA

View Full Version : Delayed thread notications?

geoff_gti
30-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Has anyone else has had delays with thread notifications coming through recently? I've got instant notification turned on, but I've found the last couple of days that the emails are coming through 24 hours or more after the message was posted.

Same thing happened to me a week or so ago as well, didn't receive any for a couple of days and then a whole backlog came through on the Monday including posts i'd already read so there were multiple emails for the same thread etc.

Just wondering if there might have been a hiccup with the forum server sending them - could the forum be near a bandwidth limit and the hosting co has blocked emails maybe?

Otherwise it could be my ISP causing the delay but the rest of my emails seem to be ok, so perhaps they are spam filtering the forum messages and then letting them go through later...

Treza360
30-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Nope I've noticed it too today with PMs as well. Going to pass it along up the line to admin so they can chase it up with the hosting to see what the problem is.
Cheers,
Trent

geoff_gti
30-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks man, just means I have the check in on the forum more often haha ;) Yeah I imagine PM notficiations would be the same situation, I prob won't get the notifcation of your reply above til tomorrow haha
Cheers

gareth_oau
31-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Geoff, I suspect its coz you live in WA and don't use daylight savings

RedMk2Gti
31-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Yep, PM notification has the same problem, I raised the question last week but got no response so I deleted the post.

VW Central
31-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Same here with me. I haven't had PM notifications for about 3 days.

geoff_gti
01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I just recevied 42 new email notifications.... going back to posts from Friday morning :eek:
Someone rebooted the server or turned the smtp service back on me thinks!
I think I might just 'Mark All as Read'... haha