PDA

View Full Version : Boot chrome baggage hooks

Bayman
28-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Took delivery of my Tiguan last week and just now noticed the upper baggae hooks that you see on all the boots of Tiguans on Caresales.com used to tie down loads are either covered up with a plastic blanking plate or just not fitted. I have to have on side replaced cause the dealer scratched it fitting the tow bar and wondered if the round plastic cover comes out or what the heck it is for. Looking at the photos of other cars reveals all so I am a bit cheesed off.

Can anyone that has taken delivery of a 2009 model please check their boots as VW did this with my wife's Golf V and didn't fit the bonnet sound/felt mat so we asked the dealer to fit it.

Tks, Bayman
2009 TDI Tiguan Late Feb build date.

NZTiguan
28-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Do you mean the flip out carrier bag hooks that are up the top or the the tie down hooks at the base of the boot area ??

Cheers

Bayman
28-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Do you mean the flip out carrier bag hooks that are up the top or the the tie down hooks at the base of the boot area ??

Cheers
\

Soory for not being totally clear, I mean the flip out chrome hooks at the top just below where the carrier cover (parcel shelf) rests when it is down. Mine has grey round covers over it. I will try and remove one carefully to see what if anything is behind.

Maybe VW have decided to drop fitting them??

brh1978
28-05-2009, 12:36 PM
My Tig was built Feb 09 and I have the little chrome flip out hooks on both sides...they do come in handy.

Bayman
28-05-2009, 12:57 PM
My Tig was built Feb 09 and I have the little chrome flip out hooks on both sides...they do come in handy.

Thanks for that, I'll check tonight when I get home. I'll check all aspects of the car, but it takes a bit of going over. What have you used the hooks for in particular. I realise mine is a TDI but the brochure states it as standard for the luggage compartment:

Luggage compartment
Luggage compartment hard cover, removable
Luggage compartment hard floor, removable
Luggage compartment light
Luggage net
Luggage tie down hooks (6)
Storage trays under luggage compartment floor
12 volt socket

I'll post an answer tonight, hopefully the covers reveal the hooks, if not the dealer will get blasted for not checking (part of the del delivery eh?). Cheers.

brad
28-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Luggage compartment
Luggage compartment hard cover, removable
Luggage compartment hard floor, removable
Luggage compartment light
Luggage net
Luggage tie down hooks (6)
Storage trays under luggage compartment floor
12 volt socket

None of those things are bag/curry hooks (if that's what you mean).

Do you mean this type of thing (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2079036)?

NZTiguan
28-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine's a TDI BUT it's a Kiwi one of course and from the first shipment, I've had it for just under a year now. Mine came with a cargo net AND the hooks as per these pics:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/05/DSC00915-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/05/DSC00917-2.jpg

Personally I don't ever use them but this is how they're able to be used if you want to.

There's also the tie-down hooks on the floor of the boot of course.

Cheers

brh1978
28-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Mine's a TDI BUT it's a Kiwi one of course and from the first shipment, I've had it for just under a year now. Mine came with a cargo net AND the hooks as per these pics:

Personally I don't ever use them but this is how they're able to be used if you want to.

There's also the tie-down hooks on the floor of the boot of course.

Cheers

They are the hooks I have in the back of my 147TSI, no cargo net though, don't remember seeing that in the standard specs...I can't see VW Aust offering a cargo net free...

Spook
28-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Cargo nets are on the accessories list.

Pullstarter
28-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Mine is a March 09 build 125 and also has the plastic blank things where the upper hooks should be. I never asked the dealer about it as I didn't notice til I got home but I did notice the TDI that I test drove late last year definitely had them. Maybe its a later build thing?

clip
28-05-2009, 06:20 PM
they're on my 125 :)

Pullstarter
28-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I've got the lower ones near the back seat but not the upper ones :frown:

Bayman
28-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Mine is a March 09 build 125 and also has the plastic blank things where the upper hooks should be. I never asked the dealer about it as I didn't notice til I got home but I did notice the TDI that I test drove late last year definitely had them. Maybe its a later build thing?

My build date is 20/2/09 so either VW have gone Scrooge or my Tiguan was on the poor mans model run. If there a few of us with the blanking plates, what do you reckon, I feel ripped off as many dubbers say they use them. Better there than not. Also no erratum in the manual and the 03/09 brochure & specs state 6 tie down luggage points.

The boot of mine looks like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/05/baggagehookhole-2.jpg

NZTiguan
29-05-2009, 07:11 AM
My build date is 20/2/09 so either VW have gone Scrooge or my Tiguan was on the poor mans model run. If there a few of us with the blanking plates, what do you reckon, I feel ripped off as many dubbers say they use them. Better there than not. Also no erratum in the manual and the 03/09 brochure & specs state 6 tie down luggage points.

Well I have 7 EXCLUDING the two baggage hooks ?? There's 3 across the lower portion of the back seats, 2 chrome flip-out ones in the sides near the rear seat backs and 2 in the rear molding by the tailgate. So I don't get what they're trying to say at all BUT it does seem weird that the baggage "hooks" have been left out. Personally wouldn't have worried me cos the only time I've used them was to hang a bag of rubbish on them to take the pics for somebody else BUT why suddenly leave them out ??

Pullstarter
29-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Mine is exactly the same as yours Bayman, I'll have a word with the dealer and see what they say. If no joy there we can submit a joint letter to VWA maybe? I can't imagine those blanking pieces being much cheaper to make than the hooks themselves though?

DJY
29-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I have chrome ones in my boot like brh1978...
but mine is also a 147.

Bayman
29-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Mine is exactly the same as yours Bayman, I'll have a word with the dealer and see what they say. If no joy there we can submit a joint letter to VWA maybe? I can't imagine those blanking pieces being much cheaper to make than the hooks themselves though?

As you might have realised already, I have to have my RHS trim removed cause the guy scratched it putting in the tow bar, so I need to resolve this asap before they do the trim. If you read the owners manual, they state this is a baggage hook and NOT A TIE DOWN anchor point so where are these 6 tie downs. Apart from the two chrome ones at the rear base of the boot and the two lugs at the rear (body colored) the only others are the three child seat restraint anchors.

I will visit a dealer and take a photo of a Tiguan with them in unless any of you 147 Tigs can supply me with one. I am not too fussed about it but then the hooks do finish it off as it was designed. Imagine them deciding to drop fog lights all of a sudden and not telling us.

I'll email my dealer with all the info on Monday and let you all know of their response.

Bayman
Tiguan 103 TDI Built 20/2/09 del 20/5 (from VW stock)

brh1978
29-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Mine look the same as the ones in NZTiguan's pictures. They can be used as bag hooks, or luggage tie downs.

Bayman
29-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Mine look the same as the ones in NZTiguan's pictures. They can be used as bag hooks, or luggage tie downs.

The handbook states not to use the baggage hooks for luggage tie downs!!!

They are not designed to be strong like the lower ones.

My guess is VW have had a claim against them somewhere in the world where possibly the hook has been torn out from misuse and they have decided to drop their use. VW do always make constant subtle changes but heck , please update the literature , manuals and brochures.

Bayman
18-06-2009, 09:31 AM
OK Guys, Just heard back from Brad at VW Australia who had contacted Germany. They reckon the TDI model does not get them , only the 147KW version gets them. I said not correct as the TDI models I have seen have them. Looks like a cop out and mid stream deletion. These are $36 to buy and I guess the plastic blanks are a few cents so a cheap and nasty ploy from VW. Not happy Jan! I'll have to fit them myself.

SmutsGTI
18-06-2009, 10:22 AM
OK Guys, Just heard back from Brad at VW Australia hwo had contacted Germany. They reckon the TDI model does not get them , only the 147KW version gets them. I said not correct as the TDI models I have seen have them. Looks like a cop out and mid stream deletion. These are $36 to buy and I guess the plastic blanks are a fes cents so a cheap and nasty ploy from VW. Not happy Jan! I'll have to fit them myself.

I had a similar issue with the infamous AUX input in the GTI. I basically showed them the brochure where it stated AUX input and the dealer fitted it at no cost. Stick to your guns

Smut

Bayman
18-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I had a similar issue with the infamous AUX input in the GTI. I basically showed them the brochure where it stated AUX input and the dealer fitted it at no cost. Stick to your guns

Smut

Germany quotes these hooks as not being part of the (6) baggage tie downs and quotes two being under the rear cover, stuffed if I know perhaps the baggae hooks are not vene itemised on the brochure. But how come the car you test drive (103 TDI) is suddenly devoid of these in future models? What next will they remove and leave ugly blank plates? There is an underlying principle at stake here, minor as it is. Maybe on a purchase contract add a clause - car to be exactly the same as test drive car and take photos.

tiguan_hunting
18-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Germany quotes these hooks as not being part of the (6) baggage tie downs and quotes two being under the rear cover, stuffed if I know perhaps the baggae hooks are not vene itemised on the brochure. But how come the car you test drive (103 TDI) is suddenly devoid of these in future models? What next will they remove and leave ugly blank plates? There is an underlying principle at stake here, minor as it is. Maybe on a purchase contract add a clause - car to be exactly the same as test drive car and take photos.
I agree. The only problem is that given that time many of us have to wait a couple of months (or weeks) for the car there's a chance that the test car would have already been sold or no longer in their possession.

We could take photos but it's often hard to take pictures of things unless you know what you are looking for. But I still agree that we shouldn't let them get away with it. Aka false advertising ???

Bayman
18-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree. The only problem is that given that time many of us have to wait a couple of months (or weeks) for the car there's a chance that the test car would have already been sold or no longer in their possession.

We could take photos but it's often hard to take pictures of things unless you know what you are looking for. But I still agree that we shouldn't let them get away with it. Aka false advertising ???

The only revenge I can now take is my ACNeilson survey turned up yesterday so I can let rip my disatisfaction on VW. How the VW guy could try the comment "Previous TDI models were fitted by mistake" is so far from the truth, like every model I opened the boot with a build prior to Feb 09 has them. Just keep an eye buyers for other bits they may delete from the TDI.
Why the 147KW should be anything different in trim level is beyond me. For a $1000 comfort pack surely baggage hooks would fit that trim level and I still missed out. Well I might just send them my invoice when the hooks arrive (fitting them myself) and seek compensation for their penny pinching when they promote top quality. Australia should have got memory seats in the comfort pack as well. Anyway I'll move on from here and just enjoy the Tig, TDI loosening up nicely on 1000kms.

clip
18-06-2009, 07:29 PM
The only revenge I can now take is my ACNeilson survey turned up yesterday so I can let rip my disatisfaction on VW.
Sorry, but why cane the whole VW brand on a national survey because your Tig turned up without a couple of hooks :rolleyes: ?

Surely if you feel so wronged that you need to take "revenge" then take it out on your lame dealer that should know better. :)

Bayman
18-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry, but why cane the whole VW brand on a national survey because your Tig turned up without a couple of hooks :rolleyes: ?

Surely if you feel so wronged that you need to take "revenge" then take it out on your lame dealer that should know better. :)

My last word on this is not to shame the dealer, the dealer just sells the product, Germany builds it. Sure they could go in and bat for me but they didn't. The product is cheapened by VW Germany and a minor deletion they probably thought would be overlooked by most. I don't intend to shoot the messenger. My point of this thread is to prevent VW from treating Australians as lame ducks. What next will they try on us. Still a great vehicle none the less.

brad
18-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Rather than buy them yourself & have little chance of compensation, why not cut a deal with the salesman. Cost less 50%.

I'm not quite sure why you are so upset - they look like a crap luggage hook anyway. The Octavia/Passat spring loaded unit is much better designed.

clip
18-06-2009, 11:47 PM
My last word on this is not to shame the dealer, the dealer just sells the product, Germany builds it. Sure they could go in and bat for me but they didn't.
But why support the dealer that didn't go into bat for you, the one that told you a whole lot of crap? But then slam the manufacturer that is, in all likelihood, responding to the Aust dealer network that is attempting to minimise dealer price by removing some of these minor costs, while maintaining the same retail price and boosting their margins. Then again, maybe we should be slamming VW for trying to price the Tig too cheap at the expense of our dealer network. :duh:

mattyb
19-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Im a little confused. Can someone up a photo of the hooks please.

WannaTig
20-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Im a little confused. Can someone up a photo of the hooks please.

Look at post 7 of this thread.

brad
18-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Thread Necro

Does anyone have a partno for the upper grocery bag hooks (and their fasteners). Also if they know a cheap supplier? thx

aussietig
18-07-2011, 07:04 PM
If you can find it in here, it'll definitely be cheaper:
Shop4Volkswagen - Genuine Volkswagen parts and accessories (http://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk/)

brad
19-07-2011, 08:17 AM
nope, no luck there or at OEMplus

aussietig
19-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Definitely need to visit local dealer to get part no. first, then do online search again :thumb:

Tigger
28-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I know I am late with this thread, But my August 2009 delivered 125 TSI doesnt have them either.

I didnt know how handy they would be until getting a loan car that had them fitted!

It sure would have helped me prevent the Thai takeawy from spilling out on the way home the other night!!!!! (or maybe that was the way I took the corner when I forgot about dinner in the box at the back??)

brad
19-09-2011, 10:57 AM
To follow up on this.

The bag hook is called a "lashing eye" by VW. The partno is 5N0-864-203-2ZZ (http://www.wagenstad.com/index.php?modid=558&page=8-867-80). The fixing bolt is an M8x25mm with a hex/triple-square head.
They are approx $65 each from VW. ECS tuning list them for $45. World Imparts have them for $35. Shipping is more than the cost of the items, so local purchase is the best bet.

DISREGARD THE ABOVE POST. SPARE PARTS GUY GAVE ME A BUM STEER. ITEM IS WRONG. IT"S THE TIE_DOWN

I'm now stuck with a chrome tie-down I don't need. If anyone needs one then PM me. You can have it way cheaper than the $65 I was charged

weiz
20-12-2011, 09:05 PM

My new Tiguan does not have the chrome shopping bag hook neither which is mentioned as standard in new brochure.

Blackdakdak
28-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Just had my new 132TSI in for free 1000km check. Mentioned the missing bag hooks and was told the brochures and pictures are incorrect. Even the dealer thought they had them and was surprised to see they didn't. He checked and apparently Australian Tigs dont get bag hooks anymore. Probably saved VW 5 bucks removing them.

aussietig
28-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Best to double check yourself on a 155TSI in a showroom.

Definitely on my 147TSI.

Blackdakdak
29-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Maybe 155s get them - they didnt have one in the showroom i could look at, but the other 132 and the diesel didnt have them. Doesnt really worry me as had them for 8 years in the forester and never used them - just thought I'd let people know what dealer told me. Amazing how tight arsed car companies can be.

aussietig
30-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Walked into Wallyworld to get new wipers and saw a 155TSI parked outside.

Picture confirms that they're there ... just like in my 147TSI:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7056/imageukw.jpg

Pelican
16-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I found this thread just this morning and read it with interest. I purchased a MY12 Tiguan 103TDI just before Christmas. I soon discovered that the baggage hooks were missing despite the current brochure (including the PDF version available from Volkswagen Australia (http://www.volkswagen.com.au) as of the 13th of January) showing them as standard across the whole Tiguan range. I raised this with the dealer and VW Australia. I've been told that it is a mistake in the brochure.

Reading this thread, it appears that the mistake has been ongoing since 2009. Extraordinary.

I had similar hooks in my previous car and found them really useful (see Tigger's example).

The dealer has taken the remarkable step of removing two hooks from a 155TSI (I think) and given them to me so I have no complaint there.

Unfortunately, I can't work out how to remove the plastic insert (see Bayman's post) to install them so I may have to go back to the dealer to have them fitted. If anyone has already fitted some hooks I would appreciate some advice.

aussietig
16-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Well that's why they have disclaimers on their brochures!

But well done on scoring these from the dealer!

Feel sorry for the future owner of that 155TSI though.

brad
26-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, I can't work out how to remove the plastic insert (see Bayman's post) to install them so I may have to go back to the dealer to have them fitted. If anyone has already fitted some hooks I would appreciate some advice.
It simply pops out with a bit of leverage from a screwdriver

Pelican
29-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey Brad,

I was able to open the cover (with a screw driver) and remove the torx head bolt. I still couldn't remove the rest of the insert. I tried pulling with long nose pliers. I had undertaken to return the plastic inserts so I wasn't prepared to damage them. In the end I took it, shamefaced, to the dealer. They did it in ten minutes by breaking the inserts. They reckon they were glued in place!

Happy now. I find them really useful for shopping bags and the chrome looks great against the black trim.

I hope the dealer gets the replacement hooks for the 155TSI they took mine from, soon. I must give credit to them for sorting out what is clearly a VW Australia error. I wonder if they'll get the brochure sorted out soon ...

Fdandy
27-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey guys,

Did anyone work out the part number for the hooks in the cargo hold?

I found this, but looks like they stock part.
http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=744719&ukey_make=1066&ukey_model=15577&ukey_category=21727

Fred Nurk
29-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Now that I've realised that my new Tiguan doesn't have them, I'm of the opinion that they're a really good idea. Bugger.

Hillbilly
30-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Maybe 155s get them - they didnt have one in the showroom i could look at, but the other 132 and the diesel didnt have them. Doesnt really worry me as had them for 8 years in the forester and never used them - just thought I'd let people know what dealer told me. Amazing how tight arsed car companies can be.

Yes to quote a famous cost saving measure try Fords Pinto which in their wisdom deleted 2 bracing struts over the rear fuel tank at a cost of about $1 each. Ended up costing them multimillions for passengers fried when cars were rearended and blew up.

Beancounters at work again.

hilly61
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I was hoping that my new Tiguan 132TSI Pacific was going to come with the hooks (as stated in the July 2012 Tiguan brochure) but I didn't check until I got home and of course they weren't there. The dealer (Tarra Motors in Bega) is 3.5 hours drive from Yass where I live so I got on to the email and gently prodded them a bit and they have agreed to supply them free of charge!

I must say that the negotiations and sale and after sales support from Tarra Motors has been absolutely terrific and so if you want a great deal on a VW, Ford, Mitsubishi or Kia, give them a call and talk to either Goodie or Brad.

hilly61
14-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Received my free chrome baggage hooks from Tarra Motors today and fitted them myself - took all of 10 minutes. I just removed the blank with a small screwdriver and undid the existing moulding with a torx screwdriver and then screwed in the new hooks. They look great. I think they are only about $65 for the pair so well worth it I reckon if you can't get the dealer to fork out for them!

The part numbers (printed on the packaging) are Item: 3C98671602ZZ Description: Bracket. Item:N0200005 Description: Bolt.

fryad
07-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Good thread guys, thanks for the info here which made getting the hooks installed in my car a lot easier.

Picked up my Tiguan 132 last week after 4 years with a MkVI GTI and it's 4 well placed bag hooks in the boot that were heavily used to be pretty shocked to find blanks in my Tiguan boot. So I went back to Bayford VW and asked if they could order me the chrome hooks to overcome what is shameful cost cutting. They put them in today (I didn't have a torx head driver at home) and look great although they're quite high so if your bags don't have long handles they might not be of much use. I'll be looking more closely at my green bags now to preference the longer handled ALDI ones!! :-)

Bambazonke
07-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Chrome bag hooks were std fitment on my 103TDi 2008 Tiguan but were absent on my 2012 103TDi together with the warning triangle. I managed to remove the triangle before I handed over the car to the dealer. The bag hooks, I sourced off an ebay seller in Germany for about $40. The plasic one's are of poor quality and split if you over tighten then as I did when I installed my rear view camera