PDA

View Full Version : newbie - B5 S4 - help with finding bits

Woody-S4
26-05-2009, 01:18 PM
First time on this forum , got B5 S4 - my dream car.

Need help in finding DVD for Sat Nav Plus, any ideas?
Plus, keep warping front discs (due to my driving style, I keep getting told :) ), any recommendations on better aftermarket discs?
Thanks

Mr Messy
26-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Could the discs be because of ABS use? I had that on a VT Commo (I know, I know...) which needed new discs because the ABS bite-release-bite-release process fairly gnawed at them.

Sorry I can't be of any real help. Sweet car though. I'd love a red manual one. Mmmmm.

h100vw
26-05-2009, 02:25 PM
First time on this forum , got B5 S4 - my dream car.

Need help in finding DVD for Sat Nav Plus, any ideas?
Plus, keep warping front discs (due to my driving style, I keep getting told :) ), any recommendations on better aftermarket discs?
Thanks

Where have you got discs from in the past, the dealers or aftermarket?

Gavin

Guy_H
26-05-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17918&highlight=s4+rotors

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11459&highlight=s4+rotors

There are a heap of other threads there as well on people using different rotors.

Woody-S4
26-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Where have you got discs from in the past, the dealers or aftermarket?

Gavin

Fitted OEM rotors last time. got about 14K out of them before started to feel the wobble thru the pedal. Not happy considering cost
Assume need to change discs and pads - calipers if I'm serious - what about uprating the hydraulics

PeDiES
04-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Fitted OEM rotors last time. got about 14K out of them before started to feel the wobble thru the pedal. Not happy considering cost
Assume need to change discs and pads - calipers if I'm serious - what about uprating the hydraulics

i recon you are using super hard pads, like bendix or ate. Go textar, we use them at work and they are always perfect.

Jmac
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah Texstar are good and soft so look out you will have black mags with dust. Bendix GCts are the go, no noise and little dust
Done a set on a Passat V6 ( mother in laws) 3 mnths ago no dust on the mags. Had ATEs before and the wheels were caked
Jmac

PeDiES
07-06-2009, 09:43 PM
more dust = better brakes. take your pick.
oh and your looking for a nav cd most likely woody s4 if its rns-d

qsilverza
08-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Well my EBC Red and greens have been on for a while now and between them and standard these have been day and night on the rims with a big improvement to fade although I do admit initial bite is not as good as standard.

So, I think it is a fallicy to say more dust - better brakes.

more dust = better brakes. take your pick.
oh and your looking for a nav cd most likely woody s4 if its rns-d