PDA

View Full Version : GTI Mk5 air cond clicking any one else have this prob?

andreG
23-12-2006, 08:41 PM
My year old gti man has annoying click coming from air cond. Its a rapid & intermitant click click. Dealer says "have upgraded software & thats all we can do". Any one else have this situation? Was it rectified? Regards, Andre

Tiny
23-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Had the same problem. The fan motor was replaced and all ok! :)

Dont know what they are talking about with software!:?

brackie
24-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Welcome Andre.
Pity a fault had to emerge this early. Is the "click" only there when the a/c is on.....or when the fan is used for heating and ventilation as well? Is it a click like a stick in bicycle spokes or does it occur when the a/c compressor cuts in and out? Whatever, don't let the dealer fob you off with some, "It's hi-tech and only we can possible understand...." type of story. It's under warranty and their's is the obligation.

Bug_racer
25-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Upgrade software ?

The compressor should only click once , they are a variable clutch compressor and work depending on the amount of power required from the engine . I think they operate at 5% minumum even under full throttle .
I think there is a blockage in the system which tells the pressure switch to shutdown compressor , it then restarts once the pressure is relieved , once it builds up again it shuts it off again etc etc

and133
30-12-2006, 11:00 AM
my golf a/c clicks.. i have the dual temperature a/c and it likes to make clicking sounds... its annoying and bizzare.. i have accepted this as normal.. but its not as i'd love. i am pretty sure it wasnt there when i bought it.. i have done 16000km in a few months since i bought it new.. The first noise i found was a heat sheild was rubbing and had to be relocated.. the second noise was the wheel bearing which had to be replaced because it wasnt packed proper with grease.. and now the a/c noise is driving me mad now. I love the dual climate thing.. stupid passangers always whine.. but now.. they can live happily in their own little comfort zone. I hate the fact that i cant just have fresh air blowing into the car. I want just normal outside, air less the open window noise.

andreG
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi Brackie,
The click is only audible when the a/c is on. Not something like something hitting fan blades. i heard the techs say something about the recirc motor whilst they where listening out for it. Thanks to all for your positive interest & advice. Regards, A

Langers
17-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Brackie,
The click is only audible when the a/c is on. Not something like something hitting fan blades. i heard the techs say something about the recirc motor whilst they where listening out for it. Thanks to all for your positive interest & advice. Regards, A

The recirc flap (V71) would jam or run against its stops in the MkIV. If they have a similar setup in the MkV they could be looking for that... unless the techs haven't been properly trained yet and are going on their MkIV knowledge.

The fix is to perform a basic settings on the flap.