PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Assist vs Premium Assist

tiguan_hunting
24-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Has anyone ever had to use Premium Assist?
Onthe volkswagen website it says that this service is free for all cars still under the new car factory warranty.

Does this cover events where it is not directly related to a fault with the car? Example, flat tire, flat battery, ran out of petrol/diesel ...

Also is Roadside Assist available for all volkswagen customers but it will incur a charge?

BrisGTI
24-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I got a letting asking if I wanted to continue with road side assist this year as my GTI finished factory warrenty on 18th of May.

It is basically like RACQ here in QLD.

So I just went RACQ instead.

tiguan_hunting
24-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I got a letting asking if I wanted to continue with road side assist this year as my GTI finished factory warrenty on 18th of May.

It is basically like RACQ here in QLD.

So I just went RACQ instead.
That's what I suspected. Yes I might just go with RACV after the 3 years are up.

DJY
20-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I was told when I took delivery of my Tiguan, that within a few days I would receive a letter from VW Assist.... but I never received one?!?!!

Anyone else get a letter in the mail - or had any information about VW Assist?

tiguan_hunting
20-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I was told when I took delivery of my Tiguan, that within a few days I would receive a letter from VW Assist.... but I never received one?!?!!

I was told the same thing when I picked up my car 1 week ago. And I'm still waiting.

Pullstarter
20-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I got one about 3 weeks after I picked the car up.

Bayman
23-06-2009, 06:41 PM

I received a phone call from some guy at VW Aust who wanted to check my rego for my VW assist card that would be sent to me. Still waiting 5 days later. From what he said premium assist sounded like RACV premium road side assist eg. towing, accomodation, taxi fares etc. if the car breaks down, but like everything read the fine print. Now where is the policy to read?

The top RACV roadside assist covers the driver and one car, so for me I will put my wife's Golf on it and then I am covered in both and so is she and her Golf. They cover large towing distances and offer taxis and accomodation etc. Costs about $170, but considering it covers the driver in any car, good value if and when you need it.

Brisben
24-06-2009, 06:45 AM
I received a phone call from some guy at VW Aust who wanted to check my rego for my VW assist card that would be sent to me. Still waiting 5 days later. From what he said premium assist sounded like RACV premium road side assist eg. towing, accomodation, taxi fares etc. if the car breaks down, but like everything read the fine print. Now where is the policy to read?

The top RACV roadside assist covers the driver and one car, so for me I will put my wife's Golf on it and then I am covered in both and so is she and her Golf. They cover large towing distances and offer taxis and accomodation etc. Costs about $170, but considering it covers the driver in any car, good value if and when you need it.

Yes I have this and it is great, used a couple of times:biggrin:

They even refunded one days hire car after mine went in the garage after a tow,that was when I sheared the bolts holding the steering rack.

They sent a cheque within 5 days,.

I reckon its great value, even if you only use it once.

I once broke down at the top of Springbrook, dare not even consider what tow would have cost to Brisbane without RACQ cover !

neil
24-06-2009, 09:24 AM

A thread was started on this issue a few years back.
Some members had to wait for up to 3 months from memory before they received there letter.

Dilusi
24-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I picked my car up on 28 May and received a phone call today to confirm details for sending out "welcome pack" including details of roadside and to ask if I wanted the VW magazine.

Person said they regularly phone to confirm details. There were several errors in name and contact details provided by the dealer. If you don't hear within a month, give roadside assist number a call (1800 637 181) they may have have your wrong contact details.

My dealer told me that if you need to be towed and are without a car for more that 48hours a replacement car will be provided. I hope I never have to test this.

DJY
24-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Mmm thanks guys.

Interesting Simon that you already received yours - yet mine isn't forthcoming - given we bought of the same dealer within a day or tow of each other?!?!

Mmm I'm currently away (again) so I might give them a ring next week if there isn't anything in the mail when I get home.

A tip for future as well... my office manager bought the extended warranty (extra 3 yrs or something) when she bought her demo Toureg... but that bit wasn't sent to VW Assist. They drowned their Toureg a few weeks back - and despite when they rang VW Assist and the guy couldn't see them in his computer - they came out and recovered the vehicle for them!

Impressive.