PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket suspension for golf mk1

tassie_euro_mk1
22-12-2006, 06:51 PM
hi everyone,

I am going to be looking at new suspension for my mk1 sometime soonish. My shocks are worn.

i currently have king lowered springs on the golf but i need new shocks on all fours so i figured id upgrade.

My budget doenst stretch as far as coilovers lol (i wish it did), so what is a good option?. Im interested in Cup Supsenion. Is that what they are called?The non adjustable, lowered springs and shocks as a set.

What are the good/best brands and what kinda price range am i looking at?

cheers
eric

alex g
23-12-2006, 09:16 AM
i had great results with konis yellows but they might be similarish price to a set of coilovers

EndlessMKI
23-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty amazed at the quality for a budget coilover system with damper adjustability with the weitecs. Have heard it's a super stiff ride which is what I'm after. Came in the mail today.

For $1300 shipped you can't beat it.

Let me know if your interested I'll give you a contact in the US.

If anything suspension is one of the best areas to invest your money in even for a standard car.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/motorshow-2.jpg

silverMK1
24-12-2006, 12:04 AM
how low, can u go! haha

wats ride hight..might have to get me some

tassie_euro_mk1
24-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty amazed at the quality for a budget coilover system with damper adjustability with the weitecs. Have heard it's a super stiff ride which is what I'm after. Came in the mail today.

For $1300 shipped you can't beat it

1300 shipped is great for coilovers. Still a bit pricy for my suspension budget tho. Im considering a 16v engine somtime in the fufure so $1300 will go to the motor rather then coilovers. Coilovers after 16v :)

Merry Christmas everyone.