PDA

View Full Version : Generation Y

sporran
22-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Given that all is breaking loose on another thread I thought it was time to provide some distraction. So from one who qualifies as a "Baby Boomer" here's my take on Generation Y.

Treza360
22-05-2009, 06:53 PM
*Snicker*
You know I don't get the whole gen Y thing. Supposedly I'm part of Gen Y ('83) but watching that My Generation show on Channel 10 I identify a lot more with the Gen X team.
It seems now that Gen Y has been stereotyped as a generation who don't know a world without mobile phones or the internet.
In fact there are those of us who went through school without a mobile phone, had to complete assignments using real encyclopedias and watched real original Transformers and original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Heh I even learnt to type on a typewriter (but I think that was more due to the povness of the school rather than anything)!
Cheers,
Trent

gldgti
22-05-2009, 08:17 PM
*Snicker*

In fact there are those of us who went through school without a mobile phone, had to complete assignments using real encyclopedias and watched real original Transformers and original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Heh I even learnt to type on a typewriter (but I think that was more due to the povness of the school rather than anything)!
Cheers,
Trent

me too.... but i don't get the whole "generation" thing anyway.

classifying people into groups with certain traits based on the unique social and technological cercumstances they grew up in seems like a lame excuse to make another lame tv show on another lame commercial tv channel.

lame.

(yes, its a joke.... )

bah. lame.

PS - nice pic.

DaveMack
23-05-2009, 01:50 AM
This whole generational 'X', 'Y', 'Z' is just marketing ploys to sell more product to those who think they're slipping out of the younger Gen into the next older. Having said that, Spot-on Sporran. :biggrin:

Dave

maca
23-05-2009, 01:59 AM
I always thought it was Generation Y.. As in WHY?

It seems that's all we get asked these days, why do this, why do that.. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Ps. Trent, your statement is true - We can't live without mobile phones or the Internet. I can give good testimonial as A) I was born in 1990 and i'm in the thick of the Y, and B) Thank God for HSDPA.. How else could we access FB from our mobiles :D:D

mikepologti
23-05-2009, 02:16 AM
and who was to think , gen y was so closly related to gen o j: