PDA

View Full Version : 30km's service & Warrantee work

VW42
21-05-2009, 02:14 PM
FYI,

Just had a 30,000km service, (eng & oil filter, break fluid & a/c filter). $607! :drinkbeer:And that is not even long life oil!!

Had the following warrantee work done, after a bit of stern talking:bluesbro:

1. Replace both front fog lights. Water kept getting in. VW replace with new ones.
2. Wiper blades, never worked correctly from day one! VW know this is a common issue.
3. Air-bag sensor under front seats. VW know about this issue.
4. Park break lever. Did not retract when release handle was pulled. VW know this is a common problem and have a full bolt in replacement with a stronger gas strut to disengage it when released.
5.Transmission sump gasket weeped. Replaced & got new oil & filter. Had to fight for this.

Just wanted to let others know of the warrantee work, so you can check your cars and get the work done if needed.

VW42

Mass
21-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I stopped taking my cars to VW for warranty service a long time ago.
Only would take it if its something major or factory recall.

Flipper Dog
22-05-2009, 07:35 PM
FYI,

Just had a 30,000km service, (eng & oil filter, break fluid & a/c filter). $607! :drinkbeer:And that is not even long life oil!!

Had the following warrantee work done, after a bit of stern talking:bluesbro:

1. Replace both front fog lights. Water kept getting in. VW replace with new ones.
2. Wiper blades, never worked correctly from day one! VW know this is a common issue.
3. Air-bag sensor under front seats. VW know about this issue.
4. Park break lever. Did not retract when release handle was pulled. VW know this is a common problem and have a full bolt in replacement with a stronger gas strut to disengage it when released.
5.Transmission sump gasket weeped. Replaced & got new oil & filter. Had to fight for this.

Just wanted to let others know of the warrantee work, so you can check your cars and get the work done if needed.

VW42

Hi VW42,
You have got me a little confused with the work you just had done to your vehicle.
What year and model have you got? Is that 30,000 kms or is that a typo?

Reason I ask is the faults you have listed were common with the early model Touaregs, most were identified and slowly fixed until the face life or T2 model appeared mid 2007.
Wiper blades were a common problem which was redesigned with facelift.
Air bag sensor identified with VW TSB (Technical service bulletin) and fixed during servicing.
Parking brake identified fault on early models, redesigned with facelift.
And transmission sump subject to customer recalls inspected in early 2008. Also most pre facelift Touaregs (under warranty) were recalled for 90D7 which fixed most known faults

If you do indeed have a newer Touareg then not only was it a Friday built vehicle it must have been before a very long weekend.

VW42
25-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks Flipper Dog,

Yes, mine is a Dec 05 built, V8, purchased new in April 06, just before VW axed the V8. So you are spot on, I don't do many Km's in this car, just a weekender.

What else should I have had fixed under warrantee? I must have missed a few warrantee calls from my dealer informing me of the issue?

Regards
VW42

Flipper Dog
25-05-2009, 07:27 PM
VW42,
speak to your dealer about recall 90D7. Your vehicle should have had this work done at the cost to VW Australia, it was basically to upgrade the vehicles for known faults.
VW's head office should have a data base of vehicles which have had the work competed and I believe a sticker should also be next to your PR code sticker (located in your boot, it's the the same as the front page of your owners manual with all those 3 letter/number codes).
I am unsure what work was required with the V8 as most are diesel drivers who talk on the forums.

VW42
26-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks will do.

regards

VW42