PDA

View Full Version : Just took delivery of my TDI

Arctra
21-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Friggin awesome!!!!

Gallery: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=611

Park assist works nicely. Seems to have a turbo-timer as I got out and locked the vehicle, but as I walked away it sounded as though the engine carried on running for a minute or two. *shrug* Any comments?

mikinoz
21-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations.

It is not a turbo timer, it is just the fans on the radiator most likely. If it continues and you are concerned drop back to the dealer to be 100%

clip
21-05-2009, 11:09 AM
very nice - and you got the cream interior, looks a million bucks!

The thermo fans run on for a few seconds/minutes after switch off, all good.

deepspace
21-05-2009, 11:22 AM
congratulation! very nice color mix! now all you need is to be patient for the first 1k running in then floor it:biggrin:!

Arctra
21-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks. I wasn't concerned, it was just something I noticed.

Yeah, I was a little unsure about the light interior, but the contrast with the black looks really nice.

Funny thing is I thought I was getting mountain gray. When making the deal there were 2 options for colour available, one came with off-road tech and the other without. I thought I had taken grey with off-road, but it turns out it was black. Frantically checked my paperwork and sure as eggs I had signed for the black one, not the gray. Salesman was very relieved! I know black is harder to keep looking clean, but hell it looks sexy!

Paragon
21-05-2009, 11:30 AM
yep, nothing beats a clean black car for pure presence love how they look in black and I was so close to getting mine in black also but I couldnt live with maintaining 2 black cars!

Arctra
21-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Just took a bit of a joyride at lunch with a workmate. :driver: Did a few parallel parks using the Park Assist. The only time I thought it didn't get close enough to the curb was on quite a tight park. Otherwise it worked flawlessly. My workmate was stunned. I gotta say, I am pretty impressed with it and reckon it's going to be worth the money spent on it.

Did I mention how nice the brand new leather interior smells? :biggrin:

Yes, I think I'm a happy man!

NZTiguan
21-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Just took a bit of a joyride at lunch with a workmate. :driver: Did a few parallel parks using the Park Assist. The only time I thought it didn't get close enough to the curb was on quite a tight park.

What you'll find is: if the car you're alongside for a start is a long way off the curb then so will you be. It seems to measure the distance off that car and line you up with the outside edge of it. So if it's a VERY small car beware, you'll end up on the footpath, and if it's very wide or badly parked you'll end up miles off the footpath.

Cheers

DJY
21-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I was a little unsure about the light interior, but the contrast with the black looks really nice...

I know black is harder to keep looking clean, but hell it looks sexy!

I wanted to go for the lighter leather... but I'm glad I didn't.
I agree the contrast looks amazing!
makes the inside feel more spacious and roomier as well I think...
but I'm sure my dog would have made it very difficult to keep looking great!

As for the sexy black - I also completely agree!!!!
I could have picked up a white Tiguan tomorrow with the same specs + Park Assist (something I really wanted just for the front parking sensors)...
but lined up next to each other - I couldn't leave the black one there!!!

WannaTig
21-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Its gorgeous!!

Sooooooo jealous :biggrin: