PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive insurance

Arctra
20-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi guys.

Any suggestions on the best price for comprehensive insurance on your Tig?

Transporter
20-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I have good experience with Allinaz.

Arctra
20-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, my Bora is through Allianz, but getting quotes at the moment they are a good $500 more than NRMA for the same excess, NCB protection, choice of repairer, etc. type cover.

Strange that it varies so much between insurers. At this point I think I'm likely to go with NRMA unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

gerhard
20-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I just received the renewal for my 11yo Jackaroo from AAMI, at $527. It's been that price since new.

I checked a few of the newer players, some with the limited ks thing, but they all finished at around the same.

Except youi.com.au Price from them $360.

Might be worth a look.

Spook
20-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm with AAMI and I found they were a little cheaper than NRMA, hence I switched. Try some of the online quotes and see how you go. Some of the insurers just look at your postcode, some of the others also look at where you park your car at home (garage, or on the street etc) and other factors that may result in a lower premium.

Not sure about the smaller operators like youi. When it comes to insurance, it's probably safer to stick with a large company.

tiguan_hunting
20-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, my Bora is through Allianz, but getting quotes at the moment they are a good $500 more than NRMA for the same excess, NCB protection, choice of repairer, etc. type cover.

Strange that it varies so much between insurers. At this point I think I'm likely to go with NRMA unless anyone else has a better suggestion.
Allianz is good in that you can fix your car with anyone i.e. your choice of repairer. AAMI and NRMA or RACV don't do that. With AAMI they send your car for repairs. You don't even need to shop around for quotes. However I can bet you that they will send it to the cheapest repairer. Even though they have lifetime warranty I found that their work in the past quite shoddy.
Spoke to a repairer and they did comment that they tend to lower their price for AAMI because AAMI gives them a lot of business but on the other hand because they have to lower their cost they tend to spend less time repairing AAMI cars. It's all about numbers ....
I've been looking at insurance lately and based on my age/driving experience I found AAMI and RACV (NRMA) to be about $60 - $70 cheaper than Allianz. For that money I rather go with Allianz.
However if you really want a good deal, try YOUI.COM They were nearly havlf the price of AAMI and RACV. I have them for my other car but I don't think I will go with them for the Tig especially when it's so new.

freebo
20-05-2009, 02:42 PM
AAMI - have had no issues in claiming with them great service..

Transporter
20-05-2009, 03:59 PM

We pay $900 (incl. $100extra for car hire while our is being repaired) for Touareg with Allianz inc.

Chappo
20-05-2009, 09:03 PM
$658 from NRMA, standard excess and no extras (hire car etc), in Sydney. Agreed value $48,000.

Awesome deal I think!
:bowdown:

Pullstarter
20-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Just be careful with Allianz as they don't like modifications. Ive always found GIO quite good, will accept pretty much any mods as long as they're legal for a small increase in excess, $200 from memory. Got my insurance thru them for the Tig, $825 a year agreed value, 1 windscreen a year and car hire.

Sharkie
21-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Try QBE, over the last few years I have found them the cheapest every time for me.

WannaTig
21-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I've just made my first ever insurance claim; I'm with Allianz and they were awesome - literally one phone call to them and it was sorted. No paperwork or running around. Price-wise they're pretty darn good too.