PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

jacob_1987
20-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Sorry I just found this the other day, really suprised me after having the car for one year.

If you look underneath the passenger seat there is a storage compartment right under the chair. Is there anymore of those I don't know about?

blutopless2
20-05-2009, 09:21 AM
jetta has them under both front seats.

Autopia
20-05-2009, 09:32 AM
WOW! You've had the car for a year and you didn't notice it? I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

woofy
20-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't understand why it doesn't have one under both ala Jetta...but yes I did know..the dealer showed all that stuff to me on pickup.

blutopless2
20-05-2009, 09:37 AM
i think it might depend on the seats you have. if they are electrically adjustable then i dont think you get the storage compartment as the electrics take up room under the seat.

Guy_H
20-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Also - depending on spec - the Amp sits under one & the phone controller under the other!

gregozedobe
20-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Lots of good stuff on VAG cars - well worth reading the dreaded owner's manual to find out about it (eg auto closing windows and sunroof if it rains, closing the windows with the remote and many other options programmable by the driver using the maxi-dot/MFD on the vRS models)

Autopia
20-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah lots of good stuff indeed.

jacob_1987
20-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok, I've found the map... V13 of the Whereis map. But when I put the cd in it shows Cd/Dvd error. It's the original CD, from a skoda dealer. But it doesn't work... don't you just put the cd and it auto installs? or is there a process?

At the moment from my knowledge I have a european map, but that's no good in australia.

Any ideas?

jacob_1987
20-05-2009, 03:52 PM
(eg auto closing windows and sunroof if it rains

How do you do that? or it does it automatically? lol... it's raining maybe I should try it hehe

wombatoutofhell
20-05-2009, 04:21 PM
How do you do that? or it does it automatically? lol... it's raining maybe I should try it hehe
Hold the lock button down on your remote. This will close all the windows. Holding the unlock button will open them.
I found my service books fit very nicely in the underseat storage leaving my glovebox empty for more useful stuff. The storage on top of the dash houses my etag which has it nicely out of site but scans fine. The one next to the steering column has by phone, bluetooth and running watch chargers. A place for everything in a Skoda!

gregozedobe
21-05-2009, 01:29 PM
When I said "auto closing" I meant just that. If you leave the car locked with a window or sunroof not completely closed and the rain sensor detects rain it will close the windows and sunroof without you doing anything or even being anywhere near the car (if you have programmed it to do so). No need to press any buttons at all.

If you want to try it out :

1 Set the auto close option via your mfd/maxi-dot
2 Leave a window or sunroof open
3 Lock the car (using the remote)
4 Sprinkle a little water on the top centre of the front windscreen (near the rear view mirror, as that is where the rain sensor lives)
5 Watch the magic happen :)

I told you there is some good info hidden away in the owner's manual.