PDA

View Full Version : My first watercooled VW

FlyGTI
21-09-2005, 12:16 PM
G'day all, How are ya, Just lettin yooze know that I have bought me first Watercooled Dub. It's a 2004 Golf GTI, very impressed thus far, goes great, handles great and looks the business. Wanting to know who in OZ is the best to get performance bits from and what magazines too look out for. I have owned dubs for almost 10 years now all aircooled, wanted something different but no-one could sway me away from the VW. Any way just lettin yooze know I am in the scene now, and look forward to some good times and good discussions here on the forum. Cheers Damien, By the way my 66 deluxe Beetle is getting a full resto and will have all the porsche gear on it You know brembo 4 pots late model porsche wheels and one big type 4 engine pumpin out around 200 horses had to put that in cause the aircooled's are the dubs that got me hooked in the 1st place, once again cheers and heres to golfies.

GoLfMan
21-09-2005, 12:25 PM
welcome to the forum 8)

imported_brackie
21-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Is your GTI a Mk4? Awesome car. Most of us on this forum have Mk1 and 2 so it would be nice to know how yours goes and compares with others. Got a digital camera? A pic would be nice.

FlyGTI
21-09-2005, 05:15 PM
thanks golfman & brackie, yep she's a MkIV GTI, stock as a rock so far, only had it a week. Drives real nice hey very smooth and quiet until, you put ya foot into it 1st gives you 60k @ 6500, 2nd 90 to 100k, 3rd when up to around 155-160k but thats all i have done so far. Picked it up for $30k, had only 9000k's on the clock from the dealer, nice and tidy, they even gave me a 15000km service for nuthin. Any way thanks for welcoming me guys and drive safe, cheers Damien.

I have a pic of the car, but am stumped how to post one, please help :?

GoLfMan
21-09-2005, 05:25 PM
if you wanna get a pic up go to user tips... the go to displaying images on our forum...

Golfwise
22-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes another welcome Fly.
Good choice we've had the 4 GTI too and they are v nice.
Chip and a bit of suspension will make you smile.
The chip guy is right there in Qld too .I'll get my offspring Tassiegti to pass on who it is.
Enjoy ! :)