PDA

View Full Version : Meetings for Targa Tas.

86gti
20-12-2006, 07:48 PM
little bit early off the mark, but it will give us all a chance to get organised for meeting spots etc. starts Tuesday 17-Apr-07 ..
not allot of info up on http://www.targa.org.au yet. but keep an eye on the "media kit" for the courses etc.
g-town prolouge on 17th and new beaconsfield stage on 18th ....lots of room here for parking if anyone wants to come to the beaconsfield stage.

silverbullet
20-12-2006, 08:24 PM
only just around the corner i shall be there for a look would be interested to see where they run the stage. I recon auburn road is a great rally track.:)

86gti
20-12-2006, 09:24 PM
cant remember exactly, but it takes in most of the towns roads....goes right past my place tho. dont think they run auburn road tho :(

WABIT
20-12-2006, 10:56 PM
ive always wanted to check out the targa rallies??

maybee i should go next year

wabit

86gti
20-12-2006, 11:07 PM
ive always wanted to check out the targa rallies??

maybee i should go next year

wabit

yess!! you should, im shure between a few of us we can organise some accomadation :D

86gti
20-03-2007, 07:39 PM
ok! meeting at Brackies on the 21st of April......
:D whats the plan?

PuttPutt'76
21-03-2007, 05:03 PM
ok! meeting at Brackies on the 21st of April......
:D whats the plan?

Not sure yet ol boy, all i know is that i'm comming. hehe, sure Brackie will fill us in soon enuff on the fine details

brackie
21-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Guys, the cottage sleeps 8 but 2 bedrooms have double beds. Because of fire safety regulations we can't really exceed that number. To cover costs (laundry, heating, cleaning and general expenditure) we need to charge you $20 each per night. There's no profit in this except for the carton of beer for Brackie ;) . There is other accommodation in the area that we can enquire about for you, but Targa weekend is usually pretty solidly booked (we turned away bookings to keep it clear for Watercoolers).
Two stages are very close to us and although we haven't got the fine details from the organizers yet one will probably include the road past our property.
Our local vineyard is operated by friends and they are happy to have a group of us there to watch the stage go past. It's fast and furious and has been the location of some pretty spectacular spills in the recent past.
We plan to have a BBQ at our place around tea time and hopefully silverbullet can help us our by cooking a whole Capretto in our BBQ oven. Maz and I are milking on the day so our participation will be limited. We would like to have our regular dairy hand doing the duty but she can't get here because of road closures.

So that's the plan. Over to you.......

PuttPutt'76
21-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Guys, the cottage sleeps 8 but 2 bedrooms have double beds. Because of fire safety regulations we can't really exceed that number. To cover costs (laundry, heating, cleaning and general expenditure) we need to charge you $20 each per night. There's no profit in this except for the carton of beer for Brackie ;) . There is other accommodation in the area that we can enquire about for you, but Targa weekend is usually pretty solidly booked (we turned away bookings to keep it clear for Watercoolers).
Two stages are very close to us and although we haven't got the fine details from the organizers yet one will probably include the road past our property.
Our local vineyard is operated by friends and they are happy to have a group of us there to watch the stage go past. It's fast and furious and has been the location of some pretty spectacular spills in the recent past.
We plan to have a BBQ at our place around tea time and hopefully silverbullet can help us our by cooking a whole Capretto in our BBQ oven. Maz and I are milking on the day so our participation will be limited. We would like to have our regular dairy hand doing the duty but she can't get here because of road closures.

So that's the plan. Over to you.......

Sounds great, $20 bux is a bargin, vineyard sounds great. If i'm not in i gonna bang my head against the wall (hehehe j/k) just gotta tidy up some details, when would you like a solid answer by Brackie or is it first in...

86gti
21-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm keen to stay,
worst comes to worst the mk2 is comfy to sleep in (done that a few times now) but yea if there is room im in for shure. !!:D

gtimk5
22-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Sounds great. Put me down for 2. Bags the main double bed!!!! :)

Golf_Girl
22-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there...put me down for two...just have to check out my roster at work. But I can sway shifts if I need to. Shotgun two beds...or the double. :) Should be a good one. Maybe we could all just drive out onto the Targa stage and show them how it's done.

Golf_Girl
22-03-2007, 03:46 PM
CONFIRM ME!!!! I have managed to get the day off. I will be there!

WABIT
22-03-2007, 04:02 PM
hahahah yeah we should just gatecrash the targa and have a whole bunch of golfs racing around at the same time lol how funny

wabit

gtimk5
22-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Glad you are coming golfgirl. Thats half the B&B taken. We are going to try and have a big BBQ late in the day. Tow rope job Pip? Hope not girl!!! You might outbrake the GTI on those roads, not by choice either!! :D

PuttPutt'76
22-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Better Pencil Me in Hey. Still waiting for absolute confimation tho :P.

86gti
22-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Better Pencil Me in Hey. Still waiting for absolute confimation tho :P.

oh, come on, you will be there!

PuttPutt'76
22-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Hahahhaa, corse i will. I'll even wear my bells for ya dude j:

Golf_Girl
22-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Glad you are coming golfgirl. Thats half the B&B taken. We are going to try and have a big BBQ late in the day. Tow rope job Pip? Hope not girl!!! You might outbrake the GTI on those roads, not by choice either!! :D

haha...laughed so hard at that! Car is going awesome now...will come out tomorrow arvo with clutch kit to give back...I used the oil seal but that's it...lol. My car is finally going properly...I'll patiently await the next problem...less that a month until this next meet now! YAY!!! No need for tow rope!

brackie
24-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Looks like the cottage is at capacity:
gtimk5 x2
golf girl x2
86gti
silverbullet
knupflog

Plenty of hay in the barns ;)

PuttPutt'76
26-03-2007, 09:10 AM
gtimk5 x2
golf girl x2
86gti
silverbullet
knupflog

Plenty of hay in the barns ;)

Bugger. Spose the hay is quite comfortable. Just have 2 remeber to bring my hayfever tabs :D I'll still be in if anyone cancels

PuttPutt'76
28-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey all, this topic seems to have gone a bit quiet. Are there any other options for Accomidation in the area Brackie?

Golf_Girl
28-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll make some noise to keep the thread interesting...haha...
I can bring a tent for you. LOL!!! Oooh....females can be cruel....

brackie
29-03-2007, 06:21 AM
It's always tight on a Targa weekend but I'll ask around for you.

PuttPutt'76
29-03-2007, 03:26 PM
It's always tight on a Targa weekend but I'll ask around for you.

No worries, camping mite also be an option but where would i plug in my hair-drier j: . Anywhere to pitch a tent nearby

silverbullet
01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Would be a good weekend but i wont be able to attend this time. The bosses are both away so i have to run the shop for that week. Plus the other thing is that there is no more golf parked in my shed. Don't wory you shall see it re appear very shortly. cheers

PuttPutt'76
01-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Hrmmmmm, well i'd better be quick and say i'll keep Ian's bed warm for him then. Put me down if still ok Brackie :D Just hope the golf still going cuz me think me blews my head gasket the other day. hehehehe

gtimk5
02-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey people. Sorry to say that something has come up which prevents me from making it to this great get together so it means that one of the double beds is going begging.....
To all those going then it will be a great get together. Have a drink for me, eh?

PuttPutt'76
02-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I shotgun the double if nobody else brings a friend :D .

Golf_Girl
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I am not 100% sure yet but there may be two people coming up with me. So it may be three...I will let you know closer to the date Brackie. But if it's not possible to fit us all in the cottage let me know.
Thanks, looking forward to this meet.
Pip

PuttPutt'76
10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Hrmmmmm, it seems after all my great misorganisational (spelling) skills finally came together that i won't be able 2 make it after all. The guys at the TMCC have moved trackday from being this weekend to the 21st and 22nd of April. Bugger!! Hope all you guys have a great weekend and catch up next time hey.

brackie
10-04-2007, 05:48 PM

golf girl x3
86gti
knupflog

No problems with beds now! Still 3 left.

PoloGTi
10-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Sorry guys cant make it to this one but sounds like the goods ill be watching a stage or 2 in hobart i hope should be a good week of targa tas.

brackie
15-04-2007, 06:18 AM
No problems with beds now! Still 3 left.
Guests are out on Saturday morning so you guys can show up anytime after midday.

Eric.... Are you going to stay? Haven't heard anything from you.
Other Tassie members...we still have beds and food. Even if you're not staying we'll be meeting up. The plan atm is to watch the Preston stage go past the Leven Valley Vineyard from the outside of a nice Pinot Noir or Chardonnay.

I'll publish road closure info soon but be aware that Targa totally disrupts the roads around here and because there are only 3 roads in and out of Gunns Plains (2 of which are closed all pm) access is difficult.

I'll be working on Saturday and Sunday but will be around......

86gti
15-04-2007, 07:52 PM
sorry, im going to have to cancell aswell.
I have to help set up the audio in hobart for the obese recordings block party at the uni.
I forgot all about it :(
but i will be at the prolouge and the beaconsfield street stage if any ones comming along.

PoloGTi
15-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey sorry i cant make it up north but being a chef sux lol. But is any one keen to go watch a few stages in the hobart area i have friday and sat days off till 5pm and tursday night off is there some special stage this year on thursday night at the dec?

Golf_Girl
16-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Hey...this looks as if it is just getting worse.
Just letting you know I won't be able to make it this weekend either...
Sorry guys. Hope it's not too late notice.
Pip

brackie
16-04-2007, 01:59 PM
OK guys. Just forget the whole thing. I've just booked the cottage out for Saturday night.