PDA

View Full Version : Passat CC

dylan8
14-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,

Old man is looking at a new Passat, R36 is out of the question (i cried a little as i get to drive whatever it is :nana: )

He wanted a passat or bmw 520d. the bmw hes looking at looks old in my opinion, so talked him into a desiel passat at the moment.

Wondering if any of you guys have them wish you had/hadnt got add-ons or bigger/smaller engines etc those sort of thing.

Any good or bad facts about them before buying?

Does anyone on here have a passat cc?

vwguru
14-05-2009, 07:51 PM
if your dad is only going to drive it small distances dont go the TDI, diesel partictular filter may become a problem.

dylan8
14-05-2009, 10:33 PM
if your dad is only going to drive it small distances dont go the TDI, diesel partictular filter may become a problem.

Thanks for the advice. He goes longs distances, VIC to QLD, Bairnsdale to melb airport (3hrs+) he has a ford focus as a run around, and the reason he wants a diesel is because running a 4.7lt V8 Jeep navigator down to melb once a week hurts at the fuel station haha (great fun around town on my P's though :driver:)

limmy
15-05-2009, 01:11 AM
dylan, my dad just ordered himself a CC two weeks ago. got the TDI...and it has enough get up and go for the older folk. plenty of torque!

bang for your buck...you can't go wrong with the CC.

check out the truffle colour leather seats as well. wow...

dylan8
16-05-2009, 10:51 AM
dylan, my dad just ordered himself a CC two weeks ago. got the TDI...and it has enough get up and go for the older folk. plenty of torque!

bang for your buck...you can't go wrong with the CC.

check out the truffle colour leather seats as well. wow...

haha prob is my dad is a hoon from time to time, so be interesting to see how he goes. i havnt gone to have a look at it yet, thinking im going to have to!

V6Passat
19-05-2009, 03:45 PM
haha prob is my dad is a hoon from time to time, so be interesting to see how he goes. i havnt gone to have a look at it yet, thinking im going to have to!
go the V6 CC..the diesel is too slow for a heavy car - the V6 will give the R36 a good run and it is really sexy!! I went the V6 Highline in black because i needed the 5 seats, otherwise the V6 CC was the pick.

DiMmY
19-05-2009, 04:36 PM
go the V6 CC..the diesel is too slow for a heavy car - the V6 will give the R36 a good run and it is really sexy!! I went the V6 Highline in black because i needed the 5 seats, otherwise the V6 CC was the pick.

If he's doing long distances, I say take the diesel. It's cheaper to buy and it will use less fuel than the V6. IMHO - the diesel will be better on the highway too for overtaking with the torque (having driven the Volvo S80 D5... it may be slow from a stand still, but overtaking speed is immense)

Purgi
19-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I had a CC diesel as a loan car today after having my R32 in to have the air-con fixed (hopefully it's not an annual thing).

It does have bags of torque and does seem to get up and go when it wants to. It's a real lazy car to drive and the cruise control that will keep a constant distance with the car infront was actually quite cool. ;)

I thought it was well appointed, felt good on the road and got quite a lot of looks from other motorists. The seats.. holy crap those seats. I wish I could stick them in my R. :(

I'd opt for the petrol 6 version myself but I'm sure I'd grow to love the plain old diesel CC.

Rocket36
19-05-2009, 07:36 PM
If you thought the CC seats were good, try the R36 seats! :D

Purgi
20-05-2009, 06:51 AM
If you thought the CC seats were good, try the R36 seats! :D

I'm too scared to sit in one, only had my R32 a year and I'm afraid I'd put myself into hock if I did. :duh:

jmj
20-05-2009, 08:03 AM

Slow!! you're underestimating the TDi there... my 125kw Passat may be a little tardy off the mark compared to a V6, but she's certainly got stacks of power and torque once going. Overtaking is a breeze... Who wants to be the first to the next set of red lights anyway!!!

tryingavw
20-05-2009, 08:09 AM
I am considering a passat cc or a 520d to replace my 2002 7 series and was looking at the brochures.

i would go for the diesel, but the standard alloys are pretty average . However the brochures indicate the Fan Alloys wheels ( interlago's) are only available with the v6 not even available as an option for the diesel

has anyone come across this problem and are the dealers willing to fit the fan wheels?

i am not keen on the other alloys on offer.

This could be a show stopper!

Rocket36
20-05-2009, 09:48 AM
There is a nicer option than both standard sets of rims... The 19" 'Sagita' rims. Not sure on price, but this is from the CC brochure.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/cspbiz/sagita.jpg

dylan8
20-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Well digging up a old thread..

But my dad got his CC FINALLY!!

its a TDI, but has all the bells and whistles other then a sun roof...

The first one he ordered went missing from the dock. another one sent over from offshore, turns up with the wrong interior colour...

But he took it anyways. I took it for a drive the other night and for such a big car with a little engine i was shocked at the power (and im not just comparing that to my 2lt bora)

As for features... WOW! it is endless!

Will post some pics up soon. Im also on the hunt for some genuine 'turbine' wheels if anyone has some spare :rolleyes:

V6Passat
20-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Well digging up a old thread..

But my dad got his CC FINALLY!!

its a TDI, but has all the bells and whistles other then a sun roof...

The first one he ordered went missing from the dock. another one sent over from offshore, turns up with the wrong interior colour...

But he took it anyways. I took it for a drive the other night and for such a big car with a little engine i was shocked at the power (and im not just comparing that to my 2lt bora)

As for features... WOW! it is endless!

Will post some pics up soon. Im also on the hunt for some genuine 'turbine' wheels if anyone has some spare :rolleyes:
congrats to your Dad!!! oh and you given you get to drive it....enjoy

Leagle
21-11-2009, 09:21 PM
congrats to your Dad!!! oh and you given you get to drive it....enjoy

Congrats and enjoy to your dad from me too. Im still waiting for my V6 CC, hopefully get next month...