PDA

View Full Version : The frustrations of compromise

Arctra
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Right, so my girlfriend and I have finally decided on what we want, only to be told there's nothing in the country matching it. Seems the Offroad pack is the problem as it's not very popular here. The only vehicle available with it is fully optioned up and rolling off the showroom floor at a cool $61000... well wide of the upper price limit I've set.

If I drop the offroad pack requirement, the only vehicles left that mach my specs come with fog lights, which I'd decided weren't worth it.

So now I have to either choose to get what's available or ordering exactly what I want. You guys have any idea how long it actually takes to get a vehicle that you custom order?

Transporter
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Our Touareg we ordered took almost 6 months.
My van took 5 months (was also ordered).
Our Golf was sourced from interstate and it took almost 2months.

I would still order and wait. Off road package is the must if it's offered in SUV.
At least you know it is as fresh as possible. If you order than get the VIN number ASAP from the dealer, so your car is delivered in the shortest time.

WannaTig
10-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Thats what I want to know too!

I've just ordered one, and the sales rep isn't able to tell me any more than the week it is due to be built (early July). I've got no clue how long it takes from then to get to my dealer... anyone else got a clue?

Pullstarter
10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
About 1 week from factory to docks,4-5 weeks to ship, 1-2 weeks from docks to delivery, roughly. Once the car is booked on the ship if you have the VIN number you can track it's progress from departure dock to arrival dock here;

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Just enter your VIN in the "Cargo ID" field and hit the track button.

WannaTig
10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Awesome, thanks!