PDA

View Full Version : How long is a piece of string?

WannaTig
09-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello!

I've been reading a whole lot of stuff on here lately, my head is spinning... don't understand alot of it, like what is an ECU and why do you want to chip it?

Anyway, I digress.

I ordered my new Tiguan today!! :D

Sales guy says that is wont be built till week 27, i.e. July, so will be an 2010 build, yaay. Boo to the wait though...

How long have you guys had to wait?

I want it I want it I want it!!

I got a manual diesel in blue with alarm, sat nav, rear view camera, media interface, comfort pack and (free) mats for $43,270.

I used a broker, is this a good deal?

Pullstarter
10-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Seems like a pretty good deal to me. ECU is your engine managment computer and regulates your fuel, turbo boost etc, chiping increases the boost and fuel etc to give you more horse power e.g. chip=good :biggrin:

WannaTig
10-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Good, relieved it seems to be a good deal. Got massively ripped off once before by a car salesman, must've seen me coming, so now I just leave the negotiations to someone else!!

Thanks for the info re ECU, I'm not a car enthusiast, I just loved the way it drove, looked, fuel economy and the 5 star ANCAP rating.

I know it's going to be worth the wait, but man, feeling impatient already!!

Pullstarter
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes, it always seems to be a waiting game with VWs. Mine should be here this week I hope after a 2 month wait, mind you that's not a very long wait compared to most.

WannaTig
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep, 2 months sounds pretty good compared to some I've heard, like nearly a year for instance.
Wow, how excited are you?:banana:

Pullstarter
10-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Hangin out totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know I know how a junky feels.........hmm maybe not :biggrin:

WannaTig
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
It will be Biscay Blue, I also was told the Catalina won't be available on any Tiguans built after June. I've seen some Tigs in the Biscay on a UK car sales site, still looks lovely.
When he told me, I thought he said disco blue.... :D

DJY
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Mmm nice!
Not a fan of the current blue - but the Biscay Blue (aka the R series) is very nice!!!